X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wkd001
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

A bit dark/soft, but otherwise ok for me.

Nose/tail/wingtip soft.. basically the farther away from the center of the frame, the more soft it gets.
    Thanks Dana,

Added some sharpness and exposure to the Emirates and tried my luck with it.

I would like to offer the Kenya again for prescreening
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_9789-2.JPG Views:	0 Size:	333.1 KB ID:	1110803 Even shot at 1/800 and f/10, I think the crop and focal length of this shot (290mm) kills this shot. Could you (or someone else of course) check again on sharpness and maybe other stuff I could have missed (personally don't think so, but never sure of course). If it fails, so be it.

At second I had this reject https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8932096 which I totally don't understand.
    Checked the centering with the tool and it should be good.
    Maybe the crop is the killer, (entire aircraft was not included in the original file) but that's not stated in the reject, otherwise part of aircraft cut off?
    Don't also see the issue with the contrast here.
    Any guidance or futher explanation would be appreciated .

Thanks in advance

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by wkd001 View Post

Thanks a lot Dana,

I've queued an (in my eyes) improved version of the China Cargo

I've also reworked the EK 777F, but as I'm still unsure about its quality I would again like a prescreen on it.
    A bit dark/soft, but otherwise ok for me.

I also have a second question.
    I've had this reject today https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8913570
    Sorry for maybe annoying here, but i still find it difficult to manage sharpness/too soft sometimes.
    On this reject I don't really see what is exactly too soft as I'm seeing almost all the hard lines.
    Maybe the LH-side on the aircraft is the issue.
    Any guidance would be appreciated.
    Nose/tail/wingtip soft.. basically the farther away from the center of the frame, the more soft it gets.

Leave a comment:

• wkd001
    replied

Contrast is fine, color looks a touch oversaturated, and aircraft a bit soft. Otherwise ok for me.
    Thanks a lot Dana,

I've queued an (in my eyes) improved version of the China Cargo

I've also reworked the EK 777F, but as I'm still unsure about its quality I would again like a prescreen on it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_9913-2-2.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	426.9 KB
ID:	1110274 At least softness is a big potential issue on this one. Especially upper part of the aircraft.

I also have a second question.
    I've had this reject today https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8913570
    Sorry for maybe annoying here, but i still find it difficult to manage sharpness/too soft sometimes.
    On this reject I don't really see what is exactly too soft as I'm seeing almost all the hard lines.
    Maybe the LH-side on the aircraft is the issue.
    Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance and regards.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Now i would like a prescreen for these two photos.
    Contrast is fine, color looks a touch oversaturated, and aircraft a bit soft. Otherwise ok for me.

Leave a comment:

• wkd001
    replied

1. looks like branches might actually be over main gear, in which case yes obstruction. Contrast also a bit harsh.
    2. borderline dark/contrast, yes; if I had to guess I would say probably a rejection.
    Thanks Dana, I even found (after intense search) two branches blocking the RH main gear, which brings me the conclusion to NOT use them for JP.

Now i would like a prescreen for these two photos.

Name:	DSC_9901-2.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	506.7 KB
ID:	1109757Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_9913-2.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	493.6 KB
ID:	1109758 Both were taken on a clear winter day, with snow refelcting on the belly of the aircrafts.
    As this was pretty new for me to photograph, I am not sure if I had edited the correctly.
    Biggest potential issues for me are contrast, processing, color and maybe exposure.
    If I missed something, I would like to know as well.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

Thank you Dana, luckily it got accepted.

Now I would like a prescreen on two photos Which I'm unsure about.

Name:	DSC_9555-2-2.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	502.6 KB
ID:	1109260 Biggest potential issues for me here are contrast, exposure/glare and also sharpening .Also I'm unsure if the bush is not too distracting. (it should not be obstructing the aircraft).

Name:	DSC_9673.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	364.1 KB
ID:	1109261 Biggst potential issue here is dark/contrast. Some gloomy late afternoon light on the back of the aircraft. The potential better angles(due to light) were even worse IMHO, so I selected this one

If there is anything I've missed I would like to know as well.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards
    1. looks like branches might actually be over main gear, in which case yes obstruction. Contrast also a bit harsh.
    2. borderline dark/contrast, yes; if I had to guess I would say probably a rejection.

Leave a comment:

• wkd001
    replied

Better, but still borderline.
    Thank you Dana, luckily it got accepted.

Now I would like a prescreen on two photos Which I'm unsure about.

Name:	DSC_9555-2-2.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	502.6 KB
ID:	1109260 Biggest potential issues for me here are contrast, exposure/glare and also sharpening .Also I'm unsure if the bush is not too distracting. (it should not be obstructing the aircraft).

Name:	DSC_9673.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	364.1 KB
ID:	1109261 Biggst potential issue here is dark/contrast. Some gloomy late afternoon light on the back of the aircraft. The potential better angles(due to light) were even worse IMHO, so I selected this one

If there is anything I've missed I would like to know as well.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

Thanks Dana,

I've brightened up the shadows now. Is this any bette? Are there no overprocessing features visible right now?
    Is there anything else I've missed now?
    Thanks in advance.

Name:	DSC_9292-2-2.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	457.9 KB
ID:	1107602Regards
    Better, but still borderline.

Leave a comment:

• wkd001
    replied

Contrast is too strong.
    Thanks Dana,

I've brightened up the shadows now. Is this any bette? Are there no overprocessing features visible right now?
    Is there anything else I've missed now?
    Thanks in advance.

Name:	DSC_9292-2-2.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	457.9 KB
ID:	1107602Regards

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

On the other hand,
    This one got rejected yesterday https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8797842 for contrast and I don't know which way to go with exactly.
    Could it be too much for harsh shadows or too weak for weak fuseelage/underexposure

Any guidance would be appreciated as I didn't get comments on the email on this one.

Thanks in advance!

Regards
    Contrast is too strong.

Leave a comment:

• wkd001
    replied

1. borderline soft
    2. ok for me
    Thanks a lot Dana,

Reworked the first before uploading and I'm thankful both got accepted.

On the other hand,
    This one got rejected yesterday https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8797842 for contrast and I don't know which way to go with exactly.
    Could it be too much for harsh shadows or too weak for weak fuseelage/underexposure

Any guidance would be appreciated as I didn't get comments on the email on this one.

Thanks in advance!

Regards

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

Thanks for that Dana,

Now I would like a prescreen on two other photos I'm unsure about

Name:	DSC_9333.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	515.4 KB
ID:	1106887 Biggest potential issue here for me is contrast (ofcourse). Maybe also sharpening and horizon,

Name:	DSC_9344-2.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	534.8 KB
ID:	1106888 Is a composition like this acceptable? if so are there any issues with at least sharpening and horizon? People are unrecognizable, so that shouldn't be an issue. I can just use the aircraft data right?. I think it's not an overview. It was taken next to a spotting location at AMS.

Thanks in advance
    1. borderline soft
    2. ok for me

Leave a comment:

• wkd001
    replied

Second one a bit soft, otherwise ok for me.
    Thanks for that Dana,

Now I would like a prescreen on two other photos I'm unsure about

Name:	DSC_9333.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	515.4 KB
ID:	1106887 Biggest potential issue here for me is contrast (ofcourse). Maybe also sharpening and horizon,

Name:	DSC_9344-2.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	534.8 KB
ID:	1106888 Is a composition like this acceptable? if so are there any issues with at least sharpening and horizon? People are unrecognizable, so that shouldn't be an issue. I can just use the aircraft data right?. I think it's not an overview. It was taken next to a spotting location at AMS.

Thanks in advance

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hello,

I would like a prescreen on these two photos

Name:	DSC_9016-2.JPG
Views:	129
Size:	527.1 KB
ID:	1106324 Biggest potential issues for me here are the most the probably weak contrast. Maybe sharpness ,horizon and exposure also.

Name:	DSC_9199.JPG
Size:	474.8 KB
ID:	1106325 Biggest issues for me here are the sharpness, horizon and the color. Please note here that this one was taken a half an hour before sunset and it was a day with sun, fog and a rainshower also passed some time before taking this shot.

If I might have missed something I would like to know as well.

Thanks in Advance!
    Second one a bit soft, otherwise ok for me.

Leave a comment:

• wkd001
    replied
    Hello,

I would like a prescreen on these two photos

Name:	DSC_9016-2.JPG
Views:	129
Size:	527.1 KB
ID:	1106324 Biggest potential issues for me here are the most the probably weak contrast. Maybe sharpness ,horizon and exposure also.

Name:	DSC_9199.JPG
Size:	474.8 KB
ID:	1106325 Biggest issues for me here are the sharpness, horizon and the color. Please note here that this one was taken a half an hour before sunset and it was a day with sun, fog and a rainshower also passed some time before taking this shot.

If I might have missed something I would like to know as well.

Thanks in Advance!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X