777MAN - Editing Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 777MAN View Post
    Thx Dana, Ive done another edit, hopefully sorting dark/contrast. This was the last shot of the day.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15444[/ATTACH]
    Better, but still pretty good chance for a contrast rejection I think. Light just wasn't strong enough.

Comment

Appreciate a view on this one's accepability as a sun setting shot, getting towards the end of the days photography pls? T

Comment

Appreciate a view on this one's accepability as a sun setting shot, getting towards the end of the days photography pls? T

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15583[/ATTACH]
        Bit dark, but should be workable.

Comment

Hi 777MAN... AC is a bit too high in frame too.

Comment

Hi, Appreciate a second opinion on these pls? I had a 4th rejection which I can see the reason. The dark issues seem to be a an issue when I get into late afternoon light. Understand the guidelines and the need to 'push' the light for acceptance, seems that in some instances if this is done it kills the ambience.

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6551886 (Dark / Underexposed
            Undersharpened (Soft)
            Too much or too little contrast)

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6549694. (Dark / Underexposed
            Undersharpened (Soft))

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6548821 (Undersharpened (Soft))

Comment

Hello,

I'm not screener.

Your first two pictures are at sunset or sunrise. it gives a weak yellow light. Recently I also had an identical rejection. Dana or Alex told me to check "night photo".
              In all three photos, the nose is slightly soft and will require more sharpening.

Olivier

Comment

Originally posted by olandes269 View Post
                Hello,

I'm not screener.

Your first two pictures are at sunset or sunrise. it gives a weak yellow light. Recently I also had an identical rejection. Dana or Alex told me to check "night photo".
                In all three photos, the nose is slightly soft and will require more sharpening.

Olivier
                Hi, I know you mean well - I am fully aware of the night shot cat, as to nose thats typical with full on sun. Unfortunately when you respond with good intentions it possibly diverts the OP away in the queue from what is being sought i.e. a 'Screener' view point which is what I am after.

thanks -T

Comment

Hi, Appreciate a second opinion on these pls? I had a 4th rejection which I can see the reason. The dark issues seem to be a an issue when I get into late afternoon light. Understand the guidelines and the need to 'push' the light for acceptance, seems that in some instances if this is done it kills the ambience.

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6551886 (Dark / Underexposed
                  Undersharpened (Soft)
                  Too much or too little contrast)

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6549694. (Dark / Underexposed
                  Undersharpened (Soft))

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6548821 (Undersharpened (Soft))
                  First and second are a bit dark, but really just need more contrast imho. Looking at the images, I'm going to guess the originals were relatively soft (shot at distance?), and you've applied a fair amount of sharpening, but some areas are still noticeably soft - especially the titles on the first two. I actually think the last is the best, and possibly even acceptable as it is, but I'm obviously not the one who screened it

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                    First and second are a bit dark, but really just need more contrast imho. Looking at the images, I'm going to guess the originals were relatively soft (shot at distance?), and you've applied a fair amount of sharpening, but some areas are still noticeably soft - especially the titles on the first two. I actually think the last is the best, and possibly even acceptable as it is, but I'm obviously not the one who screened it
                    Thanks Dana,

All three at 400mm, going back to the originals on your comments I now see on 1 and 2 possible air quality issues. Agree on the the last, I just appealed at Dubai shot and accepted. Maybe its a mix of conditions ? I might appeal the third however, one in 24hrs is a stretch at times. thanks again for the feedback just what I was looking for T

Comment

Got 'Under sharpened' on this one. Its my usual sharpening, looking at it I think maybe the harsh sun hitting the nose cone / cockpit might be an issue and maybe some of the reg/engine lettering. TBH kinda struggling feeling its not that bad, sure another pass is possible. Is it worth an appeal, don't want to waste screening time tho. Cheers T

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

Got 'Under sharpened' on this one. Its my usual sharpening, looking at it I think maybe the harsh sun hitting the nose cone / cockpit might be an issue and maybe some of the reg/engine lettering. TBH kinda struggling feeling its not that bad, sure another pass is possible. Is it worth an appeal, don't want to waste screening time tho. Cheers T

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6588523
                        A bit soft in spots (titles, winglets), but could have gone either way had it been me.

Comment

Is this crop acceptable? Looking to showcase the engine and mount to wing with this angle.
                          T

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16589[/ATTACH]

Is this crop acceptable? Looking to showcase the engine and mount to wing with this angle.
                            T
                            Not my preferred angle, but acceptable.
                            My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Working...
                            X