Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ILLICh - Editing Advice

Hello.

Is it acceptable to upload this kind of pictures to database?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4280.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	630.0 KB
ID:	1045122

I know is not cropped right, but as for me bunch of birds around take-off airplane looks interesting.
    Thanks for your time.
    My_photos. Enjoy!

Originally posted by ILLICh View Post
    Hello.

Is it acceptable to upload this kind of pictures to database?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11060[/ATTACH]

I know is not cropped right, but as for me bunch of birds around take-off airplane looks interesting.
    Thanks for your time.
    This would unfortunately be rejected for multiple reasons, including centering, contrast, and horizon.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
      This would unfortunately be rejected for multiple reasons, including centering, contrast, and horizon.
      dlowwa, thank you a lot for an answer. i agree with next reasons: centering and contrast (there was exactly my question above) but disagree with unleveled horizon because of an answer from main topic:
      As a rule of thumb: Make sure, verticals in the centre of the photo are level.
      Just want to understend for future.

Thanks again.
      My_photos. Enjoy!

Comment

Just want to understend for future.

Thanks again.
        Hoi

That means that when you shoot with wideangle lenses (i would say less than 35mm) the verticals on the edges lean to the right or left due to the distortion of the lens.
        Search for "wide angle distortion", "barrel distortion" or "pincushion distortion" in the internet for more clarity.

I hope that will help you a bit, have a nice evening!
        Best Regards from Germany,
        Julian S.​

Comment

Originally posted by Julian S. View Post
          Hoi

That means that when you shoot with wideangle lenses (i would say less than 35mm) the verticals on the edges lean to the right or left due to the distortion of the lens.
          Search for "wide angle distortion", "barrel distortion" or "pincushion distortion" in the internet for more clarity.

I hope that will help you a bit, have a nice evening!
          Hi Julian!

i clearly understand meanings of "wide angle distortion", "barrel distortion" or "pincushion distortion". Thanks for your care my friend!

As you can see is no any distortion on my picture. Left and right side have straight vertical. Does it mean i have to level photo by runway?

I like your photos. You do it very well!
          My_photos. Enjoy!

Comment

Hi Julian!

i clearly understand meanings of "wide angle distortion", "barrel distortion" or "pincushion distortion". Thanks for your care my friend!

As you can see is no any distortion on my picture. Left and right side have straight vertical. Does it mean i have to level photo by runway?
            I would say try to use the verticals of the buildings on the right for leveling.

Thanks a lot mate, im happy to hear that! Your photos are great too - keep up that good work!
            Best wishes to Ukraine
            Best Regards from Germany,
            Julian S.​

Comment

Hi Julian!

Verticals appear to be leaning slightly left, but may not be enough to cause a rejection. You're allowed to disagree

Comment

hello JP crew.

is it acceptable for uploading? wish to try. like this picture a lot.

thank you!

Name:	IMG_6731-2.jpg
Size:	550.6 KB
ID:	1022627
                My_photos. Enjoy!

Comment

hello JP crew.

is it acceptable for uploading? wish to try. like this picture a lot.

thank you!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14075[/ATTACH]
                  Image is soft, and you'll need to crop a bit tighter on the right side.

Comment

Name:	IMG_5795-2.jpg
Size:	743.7 KB
ID:	1031202
                    Hello everyone. Does it possible to upload this pic to database? Thanks a lot!
                    My_photos. Enjoy!

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19666[/ATTACH]
                      Hello everyone. Does it possible to upload this pic to database? Thanks a lot!
                      No, this is too dark & noisy.

Comment

Working...
                      X