StefBrat - Editing and Screening advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StefBrat View Post
    Would need advice on which one to upload and if it goes for airport or ramp? Its a photo of Jasper airfield which has these few planes "based" and a gravel strip a few hundred meters long.

Mainly looking for the right motive and which category. Rest is finetuning on photo editing.
    Ramp is probably the most appropriate. Airport Overview category applies. As for motive, this is JetPhotos, not AirportSignagePhotos, so I'll leave it to you to choose the best.

Comment

I uploaded and was rejected after appealing only because the difference of "untitled" and "unknown". The comment was that the last only has to be used when the owner is unknown. So please tell me the owner...
      I don't see the sense of rejection and then reupload again just for a word. Its no wonder the queue is so long when rejection for a word. And then reupload and screen as hot and so on.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!
      View my Spottingpictures on Jetphotos.net here

Comment

I uploaded and was rejected after appealing only because the difference of "untitled" and "unknown". The comment was that the last only has to be used when the owner is unknown. So please tell me the owner...
        Appeal has already been made, and comment left so nothing to add.

I don't see the sense of rejection and then reupload again just for a word. Its no wonder the queue is so long when rejection for a word. And then reupload and screen as hot and so on.
        We generally don't touch any info on the screening page as there is far too high a chance that any change we make may end up unintentionally corrupting the DB.

Even so, rejecting the image rather than taking the time to correct it will, over the long run, take take much less time as the photographer can then learn how to correctly upload the image(s) in the future, and the crew won't need to spend time correcting bad info in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
          Appeal has already been made, and comment left so nothing to add.
          So you are not answering any questions? Good intention...also on my question about the regulations.

Tell me now the different between untitled and unknown? These helicopter is not painted or something else. Its white and has a kind of "selling registry" or so. That would mean it's unknown. The "screener" said unknown applies if the operator is totally unknown. So what is the operator? If you seems to have better database ideas then tell me the correct one and I can reupload.
          According to the rules unknown applies if there is no way to find the correct airline. That is the case.
          By the way I checked some more information and there is nearly nothing. It had a Canadian registry but this was deleted in 2015 and when I took the photo in 07/2019 the FAA also canceled the registration already a month earlier. So it is unknown...

Also the photo was taken close a storage and scrapping area with some old planes and newer ones waiting for their dead. Maybe its already scrapped or stored or whatever. Or they sold the parts as the helicopter seems build in 1997 which is a bit old.

For untitled there is no description and "rule" in the guide but for it means aircrafts for scrapping or long term storage which having name and logos removed but basic coloursheme still applied. And maybe the old registry. Thats for me untitled.

Comment

So you are not answering any questions? Good intention...
            So you are not reading and/or deciding to ignore our requests? Good intentions

https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...ning-from-crew

"A couple of general requests: if you get a rejection you don't agree with, better to come here and get advice before appealing, not after. There is not much incentive to help those who disregard advice or appeal before asking for it."

Tell me now the different between untitled and unknown? These helicopter is not painted or something else. Its white and has a kind of "selling registry" or so. That would mean it's unknown. The "screener" said unknown applies if the operator is totally unknown. So what is the operator? If you seems to have better database ideas then tell me the correct one and I can reupload.
            According to the rules unknown applies if there is no way to find the correct airline. That is the case.
            By the way I checked some more information and there is nearly nothing. It had a Canadian registry but this was deleted in 2015 and when I took the photo in 07/2019 the FAA also canceled the registration already a month earlier. So it is unknown...

Also the photo was taken close a storage and scrapping area with some old planes and newer ones waiting for their dead. Maybe its already scrapped or stored or whatever. Or they sold the parts as the helicopter seems build in 1997 which is a bit old.

For untitled there is no description and "rule" in the guide but for it means aircrafts for scrapping or long term storage which having name and logos removed but basic coloursheme still applied. And maybe the old registry. Thats for me untitled.
            Think you might want to post those specific questions in a different forum, this one is for digital photo processing.

Comment

So you are not reading and/or deciding to ignore our requests? Good intentions

https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...ning-from-crew
              Last time I had opened a new thread it was linked into here with a similar problem. But then I open a new topic no problem. But its I nice I have arguments and also stated them a bit simply in the appeal and it seems no one cares.

Or I should ask for the definition of unknown and maybe the dictionary and others are wrong what that word means. Seems unknown has many meanings I maybe do not know.

Good thing: While I'm writing here it's all working time for me good thing to work in government

Comment

Last time I had opened a new thread it was linked into here with a similar problem. But then I open a new topic no problem. But its I nice I have arguments and also stated them a bit simply in the appeal and it seems no one cares.

Or I should ask for the definition of unknown and maybe the dictionary and others are wrong what that word means. Seems unknown has many meanings I maybe do not know.

Good thing: While I'm writing here it's all working time for me good thing to work in government
                I was trying to hint that's not my area of expertise

Really, you'll get a better answer than I'm able to provide by asking the crew responsible for editing the data on the DB, and they are very unlikely to reply to such a question here.

Comment

I was trying to hint that's not my area of expertise
                  ErwinS answered something like "wasn't it answered before" or something like that. I know posted again in another thread. Seems a goof way to post in several threads to get an answer. I'm sure there will be also no answer...

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

-> used identical settings for sharpening and no noise reduction and also same for lightning settings as it came good out of RAW camera. So no need to tweak that much on that photo. Except basic things like we all do in lightroom. Maybe tail is a bit too dark at the rudder

Comment

-> used identical settings for sharpening and no noise reduction and also same for lightning settings as it came good out of RAW camera. So no need to tweak that much on that photo. Except basic things like we all do in lightroom. Maybe tail is a bit too dark at the rudder
                    Editing halos are visible.

Comment

• JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I can see in the photo the REG is slightly less sharper then the nose. But I looked into it with LR and 100% zoom and there it looked not that bad, also the focus points are good set. I also think its may caused by the engine blast. But the rest looks good with tires and engines and DHL titles.
                      Will this drone be rejected because of obstructing? No other way is possible as it belongs to a company area and I only got clearence if not entering the "flowers", grass and stones.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5084.JPG
Views:	183
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	1102112

Comment

• Originally posted by StefBrat View Post
                        https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8556491

I can see in the photo the REG is slightly less sharper then the nose. But I looked into it with LR and 100% zoom and there it looked not that bad, also the focus points are good set. I also think its may caused by the engine blast. But the rest looks good with tires and engines and DHL titles.
                        Will this drone be rejected because of obstructing? No other way is possible as it belongs to a company area and I only got clearence if not entering the "flowers", grass and stones.

Name:	IMG_5084.JPG
Views:	183
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	1102112
                        Hello,

im currently not seeing it on my screening screen, but here on the mac some parts like the lettering and tail appear to be soft.

Obstruction for the drone should no be a very big issue for me, as its preserved and probably no other possibility to get a full unobstructed shot.

Stay Safe!
                        Best Regards from Germany,
                        Julian S.​

Comment

• JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

It's a reupload after contrast rejection and now added a bunch of contrast within LR but once again rejection. Weather was dull and not the best...

Comment

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8561975Weather was dull and not the best...
                            That pretty much sums it up.

Comment

• Whats meant here? I think the screener refers to the license plates but there was no comment or something else. I blurred the plate, the one at the SUV was indeed good readable on the normal photo and the rest maybe a bit. So I edited this to get in line with the rules.

____
                              Would this be considered as backlight?

Name:	IMG_5015.JPG
Views:	181
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	1103221

Comment

Whats meant here? I think the screener refers to the license plates but there was no comment or something else. I blurred the plate, the one at the SUV was indeed good readable on the normal photo and the rest maybe a bit. So I edited this to get in line with the rules.
                                You are correct, I will fix this for you.

Would this be considered as backlight?

Name:	IMG_5015.JPG
Views:	181
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	1103221
                                Would be for me; if not then poor contrast.

Comment

Working...
                                X