No announcement yet.

MarkLawrence - Editing Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejected image: background verticals are all leaning a bit right, and they're usually more reliable. It was selected as Military. The accepted images were also selected as such, but were fixed for you.

Prescreening: Looks somewhat blurry towards the edges, and crop is borderline.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Rejected image: background verticals are all leaning a bit right, and they're usually more reliable. It was selected as Military. The accepted images were also selected as such, but were fixed for you.
      Wow.. thanks Dana .. I haven't submitted military in ages compared to commercial .. I'll make sure ..

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkLawrence View Post

Wow.. thanks Dana .. I haven't submitted military in ages compared to commercial .. I'll make sure ..
        Sometimes the system (upload page) defaults to military without you changing it. I've caught it a couple of times on my own uploads.

Comment

• AARRRGGGGHHHHHHHH.. 15 rejections .. because the location bug that changed the location from what I submitted to the first location in the Florida drop down .. sorry .. very frustrated especially after correcting them all at one point and 15 days in the queue.
          Last edited by MarkLawrence; 2023-02-03, 19:19.

Comment

• I am trying a new technique - may I ask for prescreening on this image please .
            Click image for larger version

Name:	F-22-01-4025-KFLL-04272023.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	534.7 KB
ID:	1159464

Comment

I am trying a new technique - may I ask for prescreening on this image please .
              A bit dark, otherwise ok for me.

Comment

• Thanks Dana!

Comment

• I have a question with regards to the horizon on both of these rejections. I have aligned with the verticals on the buildings per the screen shots. Can a screener please let me know where I should be aligning on for these?

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Name:	DALQuery.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	503.8 KB
ID:	1161605

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Name:	WNQuery.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	522.0 KB
ID:	1161606

Thanks!!

Comment

I have a question with regards to the horizon on both of these rejections. I have aligned with the verticals on the buildings per the screen shots. Can a screener please let me know where I should be aligning on for these?
                    I can't really tell on the first so would have been ok for me, but the second definitely needs CW rotation. Even the pole you circled is leaning left.

Comment

• Thanks Dana - I have appealed the Delta and will re-work the Southwest.

Comment

• Is this backlit even though tail is lit up? Also, softness? Dark? Click image for larger version  Name:	A223-N3112J-KFLL-09012023-02.jpg Views:	0 Size:	390.9 KB ID:	1168654

Comment

Is this backlit even though tail is lit up? Also, softness? Dark?
                          Not quite backlit, but blurry and weak contrast.

Comment

• Thanks Dana - will look for another in the series.

Comment

• Can a screener please advise regarding centering on this image. With the way the aircraft is situated, if I centered the top and bottom of the fuselage as normal, then wings, etc. would be cut off. When on the ground like this, how is centering best done, because I have quite a few similar to this in the sense of placement. Also, is the sharpening enough and do the obstructions still count from above?

Thanks!

Name:	A339-N409DX-KLAX-09072023.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	948.3 KB
ID:	1169245

Comment

Can a screener please advise regarding centering on this image. With the way the aircraft is situated, if I centered the top and bottom of the fuselage as normal, then wings, etc. would be cut off. When on the ground like this, how is centering best done, because I have quite a few similar to this in the sense of placement. Also, is the sharpening enough and do the obstructions still count from above?
                                Vertical centering fine, but a little extra space on right. Sharpening ok for me. A2G obstruction from stairs/jet bridge usually ok, but catering truck seems more avoidable.

Comment

Working...
                                X