Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MarkLawrence - Editing Advice

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Thanks Dana. The blurry/heat haze was never mentioned in the other rejections, which was why I was pursuing this one to get it correctly sharpened. I guess unfortunately a waste of time.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by MarkLawrence View Post
      Thanks Dana. The blurry/heat haze was never mentioned in the other rejections, which was why I was pursuing this one to get it correctly sharpened. I guess unfortunately a waste of time.
      Just my guess as to the root cause of the issues, but might not actually be the case. You can post/share a full-res version if you'd like to know for sure.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
        Just my guess as to the root cause of the issues, but might not actually be the case. You can post/share a full-res version if you'd like to know for sure.
        Cannot attach a 20Mb .NEF file unfortunately. I have PM'd you the location of it.

        Mark

        Comment


        • Originally posted by MarkLawrence View Post
          Cannot attach a 20Mb .NEF file unfortunately. I have PM'd you the location of it.

          Mark
          Got it, and took a look. Not heat hazed, but it is really quite soft, to the point of blurriness. I'd guess that's a result of shooting at the extreme long-end of your lens (500mm) where you'll often find such softness. In the future, if you continue to find such softness at the extreme long end, maybe try to use a little bit less of the focal length (like 350-400mm or something) and crop a bit more. Better to have to crop a bit more of a sharp image than have a much softer image that doesn't need as much cropping.

          Comment


          • Makes perfect sense! Thanks for looking at it Dana!

            Comment


            • I am trying a slightly different lens/body configuration - could I please get a pre-screen on the below to get an idea of how it's working out with my editing process.....

              Click image for larger version

Name:	A321-N948JB-KFLL-09192019.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	538.2 KB
ID:	1042764 Click image for larger version

Name:	E120-N297SW-KFLL-09192019.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	521.8 KB
ID:	1042765

              Comment


              • Originally posted by MarkLawrence View Post
                I am trying a slightly different lens/body configuration - could I please get a pre-screen on the below to get an idea of how it's working out with my editing process.....

                [ATTACH=CONFIG]28628[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]28629[/ATTACH]
                Both look OK here.
                My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

                Comment


                • Thanks Geri!!

                  Comment


                  • Could a screener please advise on where the horizon should be checked on this? I have checked all the horizontals, and they seem to be fine. When I resubmitted this again after reediting, I did ask for the screener to advise what should be used if it was rejected and I didn't see any comments on the rejected image, so I'm guessing that was missed.

                    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7682453

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by MarkLawrence View Post
                      Could a screener please advise on where the horizon should be checked on this?
                      Verticals are leaning left = needs CW rotation.

                      Originally posted by MarkLawrence View Post
                      I have checked all the horizontals, and they seem to be fine.
                      Verticals before horizontals, unless it's the actual horizon.

                      Comment


                      • Thanks Dana - it has been resubmitted with the vertical used for the horizon.

                        Comment


                        • I had a couple of questions regarding this image to prescreen.

                          - The horizon - I used the white vertical immediately right of the C2 sign - is this the right one to use? There are so many verticals and horizontals in this image that give different results and I really am not sure of which one to use - please can a screener let me know which would be the correct vertical/horizontal to use if this is not the right one.
                          - Secondly - and I'm hoping not because it is a really special aircraft and scheme - is the ladder by the front landing gear obstruction?

                          Thanks

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	B752-N14102-KFLL-12032019.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	1075937

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by MarkLawrence View Post
                            I had a couple of questions regarding this image to prescreen.

                            - The horizon - I used the white vertical immediately right of the C2 sign - is this the right one to use? There are so many verticals and horizontals in this image that give different results and I really am not sure of which one to use - please can a screener let me know which would be the correct vertical/horizontal to use if this is not the right one.
                            - Secondly - and I'm hoping not because it is a really special aircraft and scheme - is the ladder by the front landing gear obstruction?

                            Thanks

                            Click image for larger version

Name:	B752-N14102-KFLL-12032019.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	1075937
                            Hi.

                            Picture looks leveled to me but in future the "safest" way is to use verticals in the center of the frame.
                            Unfortunately i would vote for obstruction here, as the obstruction could have been avoided imo, sorry.
                            Best Regards from Germany,
                            Julian S.​

                            Comment


                            • Julian

                              Thank you for the vote on the leveling. Unfortunately, this was meant to go out at the time that I shot it but due to a ground stop at it's destination, there was a 2 hour delay and that was something I could not wait around for. The ground crew obviously left the ladder there for some reason. This was not shootable in any other location so it was unfortunately unavoidable at the time. I'll just have to wait for it to come back another time.

                              Mark

                              Comment


                              • I had a question regarding this rejection: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7753266

                                I am struggling to understand the horizon unlevel. This Pilatus was on very short final for SXM and was at that angle because of multiple S approaches. How is the unlevel horizon determined on this? Also, because it is a gray colored aircraft, how do I add more contrast to this without really over-saturating the color.

                                Thanks

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X