MarkLawrence - Editing Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MarkLawrence View Post
    May I question this rejection this as to dark and the histogram seems to be underexposed. Screener comments?

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Not really dark, I agree..but the contrast is washed out, so maybe switch 'Dark' for 'Contrast'.

Comment

Trying one more frame in the sequence - may I please get pre-screening on this. Click image for larger version

Name:	B744-VP-BYK-KFLL-06072022-02.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	415.5 KB
ID:	1138476
      still a cool shot!

Comment

• I have a new camera and tried a shot from it today and got the too much/too little contrast error (I know about the genre - I forgot to change that one). Is it too much or too little or could it be that it is a little too bright and that is throwing off the contrast.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Thanks

Comment

• And as a follow up, is this any better?

Click image for larger version

Name:	G-IV-XA-JEY-KFLL-0822202202.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	807.8 KB
ID:	1143681

Comment

And as a follow up, is this any better?
            Better, yes, but still lacking contrast, and noticeably soft/heat hazed.

Comment

• Something that has been bugging me for a little while - I have recently gone through a few "Overprocessed" rejection and this morning, I re-edited a couple of them then then submitted them to the queue. To note: the one I am showing here has been subsequently removed from the queue to I can show and get opinions . I edited the image in Photoshop (image named PhotoShop Equalized) and then uploaded it (JP Equalized) and there is an immediate quite dramatic different between the two equalized images. So, my questions are 1.why is there such a difference between the two, and then 2. Would the image as uploaded (3rd image) be acceptable? Click image for larger version

Name:	N605JB - Photoshop Equalize.png
Views:	121
Size:	185.4 KB
ID:	1144404Click image for larger version

Name:	N605JB- JP Check for Dust.png
Views:	87
Size:	229.6 KB
ID:	1144405Click image for larger version

Name:	A320-N605JB-KFLL-08172022.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	596.0 KB
ID:	1144406

Comment

Something that has been bugging me for a little while - I have recently gone through a few "Overprocessed" rejection and this morning, I re-edited a couple of them then then submitted them to the queue. To note: the one I am showing here has been subsequently removed from the queue to I can show and get opinions . I edited the image in Photoshop (image named PhotoShop Equalized) and then uploaded it (JP Equalized) and there is an immediate quite dramatic different between the two equalized images. So, my questions are 1.why is there such a difference between the two, and then 2. Would the image as uploaded (3rd image) be acceptable?
                Not sure exactly what's going on there.. is that circle-effect present in the raw file?

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-09-03 at 4.12.49 PM.png
Views:	101
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	1144414 Dana - yes - for some reason - my D3 sometimes throws this anomaly at me- same as vertical lines on the sensor - no idea why - here is an equalized screen shot of the next image in the sequence - nothing applied - raw image.
                  Last edited by MarkLawrence; 2022-09-03, 20:14.

Comment

Dana - yes - for some reason - my D3 sometimes throws this anomaly at me- same as vertical lines on the sensor - no idea why - here is an equalized screen shot of the next image in the sequence - nothing applied - raw image.
                    Oh.. it looks maybe like vignetting correction after-effects? The corners have been brightened, but the center remains a bit darker. My best guess as to what's happening.

Comment

• I guess I was trying to balance the vignetting that was evident and not having a rejection - I will try again - thanks Dana.

Comment

• Could a screener please pre-screen this? Not sure of the crop is too close - trying to show the special scheme part.

Click image for larger version

Name:	B738-N3746H-KFLL-09212022-02.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	691.5 KB
ID:	1145739

Comment

Could a screener please pre-screen this? Not sure of the crop is too close - trying to show the special scheme part.
                          Crop works for me, though I suspect softness would be an issue.

Comment

• Thanks Dana - will work on that.

Comment

• Could a screener please comment on this rejection. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10499302

When using the horizon tool, yes, the two light poles at the left of the image lean left, but verticals and horizontals of the hangar as well as the tall pole in the middle are what I used for the horizon, and those seem to be in alignment with the grid. Also the contrast, looking at the histogram, it seems balanced on each side. The silver color of the aircraft seems to mess with the contrast visually, but I'm not sure if there is too little, too much or if it is just close.

Thanks

Comment

Could a screener please comment on this rejection. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10499302

When using the horizon tool, yes, the two light poles at the left of the image lean left, but verticals and horizontals of the hangar as well as the tall pole in the middle are what I used for the horizon, and those seem to be in alignment with the grid. Also the contrast, looking at the histogram, it seems balanced on each side. The silver color of the aircraft seems to mess with the contrast visually, but I'm not sure if there is too little, too much or if it is just close.

Thanks
                                There are a few verticals that are leaning left (other than poles), so I'm guessing that's what was looked at.

Comment

Working...
                                X