Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Fitzpatrick (Akerosid) - Editing advice

Good evening everyone:

I would like advice on this Qatari 787, rejected for bad hue, colour etc ...

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

What is the problem here? It was early morning light and the contrast seems fine. What adjustment should be made here?

Originally posted by akerosid View Post
    Good evening everyone:

I would like advice on this Qatari 787, rejected for bad hue, colour etc ...

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

What is the problem here? It was early morning light and the contrast seems fine. What adjustment should be made here?
    Just my opinion and stand for correction but I personally think it is a bit over saturated. Still a brilliant and exceptional photo in my opinion!
    Have a great day ahead
    Last edited by Matthew Rodgers; 2017-11-12, 18:48. Reason: Backspaced something by accideant

Comment

Good evening John,

Thank you for using the forum for advice.

The photo had been wrongly rejected. My apologies, the photo has now been accepted.
      For perfection it could use a tad more red tint (less green). In case you want to fine-tune it, use the resubmit option from the photo page.

Thanks for your understanding.
      Simon De Rudder
      JetPhotos Management Team

Comment

Hello everyone!

Two to ask about here:

1. This first one, I can understand one objection. Clearly, the wrong reg. But the category wrong or missing? I'm assuming dusk/night lighting, but before I assume and pick the wrong one, can you confirm?

2. This second one, I'll deal with the sharpness issue, but the bad hue/colour? Seems ok to me, but what have I done to mess it up (or what can I do to correct it?!)

Comment

Hello everyone!

Two to ask about here:

1. This first one, I can understand one objection. Clearly, the wrong reg. But the category wrong or missing? I'm assuming dusk/night lighting, but before I assume and pick the wrong one, can you confirm?

2. This second one, I'll deal with the sharpness issue, but the bad hue/colour? Seems ok to me, but what have I done to mess it up (or what can I do to correct it?!)

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6214730
          First one should indeed be 'night shot'. Second one has a very slight green cast, but I wouldn't have rejected it for color. The softness is an issue, but if you can address that, I don't see why it shouldn't be accepted.

Comment

Good morning!

I've had a few rejections recently due to sharpness, of which the following is one:

My efforts at sharpening tend to be like using a sledgehammer to crack a nut, so I think I need a little guidance!

What would you suggest would be the best percentage/radius to use here to address this one?

Comment

Horizon unlevel - what's the reference point?

Hello, I've had the attached photo rejected; the "not centred" thing I can deal with, but the "horizon unlevel" issue is confusing me a little. I had used the poles in the background as the reference point. What do you look for when you are determining the levelness of the horizon?

Comment

I don’t see anything from the vertical references that would indicate the horizon is significantly off. Recentering it a bit higher in the frame should be enough.

I’ve moved your post here to your previous thread, but please keep your posts to your own thread in the future.

Comment

I had the following two rejections. I suspect that the "categories wrong or missing" refers to the fact that it was sunrise and I should have ticked the "night shot" box. If not, please let me know and I'll tick the appropriate box.

Here are the two rejects:

If it is, as I suspect, due to night lighting, can you please say what the deciding factor is - anything from dusk to dawn. I've had a few occasions, where I have ticked this and photos have been rejected because of it (and it was dawn or dusk!) - and a few accepted where it wasn't ticked at all. Some guidance would be much appreciated!

Comment

These are the same photo.

Also, there does not appear to be a serial number. The aircraft has a serial #5441. It could be that, or it could be the lack of a “night shot” tick, or both. I don’t have any inside information to help you further than that.

Comment

I had the following two rejections. I suspect that the "categories wrong or missing" refers to the fact that it was sunrise and I should have ticked the "night shot" box. If not, please let me know and I'll tick the appropriate box.

If it is, as I suspect, due to night lighting, can you please say what the deciding factor is - anything from dusk to dawn. I've had a few occasions, where I have ticked this and photos have been rejected because of it (and it was dawn or dusk!) - and a few accepted where it wasn't ticked at all. Some guidance would be much appreciated!
                      Yes, should have been Night Shot, but had that been the only issue, it would have been fixed for you. As we do not reject for bad categories alone.

You can read about categories here:

Also, in the future, please post all of your screening/editing questions in the same thread.

Comment

Got this one rejected for sharpness (which I can fix) - and dust spots, which I can't, because I can't see them. Can you tell me where you are seeing them. Camera cleaned recently, so there shouldn't be any.

Comment

If you look at the top, not only does it say dust spots, but also 'Dirty Scan' When you use the 'Check for dust' Tool, you can see that it is a dirty scan.

Comment

It's probably that black spot in the sky (which could be a bird). If you're re-editing the shot I'd treat it as a dust spot.

Comment

I got this one rejected for "undersharpened/soft", which is fine (I will correct), but also for "categories wrong or missing". I'm not quite sure what category/ies should be ticked for this. It's a maritime patrol, not a cargo, aircraft and a Casa 235 can hardly be a small prop. Can any screener confirm?

Comment

Working...
                              X