Matt737 - Editing Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt737 - Editing Advice

Hi! I would like some feedback on this pic. I took it a few weeks ago, and it turned out pretty nice, at least to me . Any feedback is appreciated, thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	4FDBA3B5-BAE0-4369-B77F-97BEC19F70E1.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	285.4 KB
ID:	1045134

Originally posted by matt737 View Post
    Hi! I would like some feedback on this pic. I took it a few weeks ago, and it turned out pretty nice, at least to me . Any feedback is appreciated, thanks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11233[/ATTACH]
    Hi, firstly I moved your post into the other forum where all the Editing Advice threads are.

As for this photo, it's quite soft and it appears to have heat distortion in places. There also appears to be some compression artefacts, mainly in the sky top right. Maybe also some brightening up as it appears a little under-exposed too.

Comment

Name:	8C7534EE-CE85-4C96-812B-25743C647601.jpeg
Size:	165.0 KB
ID:	1020234
      How do y'all think the FR NEO will do? Then I also have a WN MAX that I was wondering about. The aircraft is centered horizontally, but not vertically, will it be accepted with some lighting edits?

Name:	2F78F650-8C75-40E2-9C72-688AA6A2E72F.jpg
Size:	1.63 MB
ID:	1020236

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11289[/ATTACH]
        How do y'all think the FR NEO will do? Then I also have a WN MAX that I was wondering about. The aircraft is centered horizontally, but not vertically, will it be accepted with some lighting edits?
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]11291[/ATTACH]
        Both would be rejected for:

1. soft/blurry
        2. obstruction, glare/reflection, soft, compression, noise, horizon, composition/center, quality

It would probably be a good idea if you read through the upload guidelines, and then perhaps took a look at some already accepted images to compare to the images you are hoping to submit. You might see that that unfortunately such images (second one specifically) are nowhere near the standards necessary to be accepted.

Comment

Hi again! I have read over the guidelines, and checked off all the standards needed to be accepted. Will these photos be accepted into the database?

Name:	Miami Air 737-800 N748MA.jpg
Size:	318.1 KB
ID:	1020451

Name:	United a320 N446UA.jpg
Size:	417.5 KB
ID:	1020452

Comment

And also, this photo was rejected for being soft, and for their being image manipulation. Can someone educate me on what image manipulation is?
            JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

Hi again! I have read over the guidelines, and checked off all the standards needed to be accepted. Will these photos be accepted into the database?
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]11554[/ATTACH]
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]11555[/ATTACH]
              Quality looks acceptable on both for me.

And also, this photo was rejected for being soft, and for their being image manipulation. Can someone educate me on what image manipulation is?
              https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6198539
              Screener left a note about the aspect/ratio, but I can't really see the issue, so maybe for this one it's safe to ignore that rejection reason.

Comment

So then it is just undersharpened? I'm almost certain this image was either 16:9 or 3:2 when editing.

Comment

So then it is just undersharpened? I'm almost certain this image was either 16:9 or 3:2 when editing.
                  Very soft, yes, looks like due to heat haze which would mean it's probably not fixable. Also a bit dark/flat, but that's a moot point with the haze/softness.

Comment

I saved your image to my computer and equalized it in PS. Correct me if i'm wrong but the sky has a lot of compression artefacts.

Comment

Ok you are talkin about the Star Alliance 738 right? I think I see some weird stuff in the top right corner, if that's what you are talking about. Thank you!

Comment

Hi again JP community! I was wondering how this may preform in the queue.

1.Click image for larger version

Name:	United Express ERJ-175 N86334.jpg
Size:	328.6 KB
ID:	1020484

Comment

Hi again JP community! I was wondering how this may preform in the queue.

1.[ATTACH=CONFIG]11590[/ATTACH]
                          Looks ok to me

Regards
                          Alex

Comment

Are these acceptable?
                            1.Click image for larger version

Name:	Southwest 737 MAX 8 N8716B.jpg
Size:	379.1 KB
ID:	1020499
                            2.Click image for larger version