Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pkautzsch
    replied
    Thank you for the helpul input I added a tad more contrast and put it in the queue. Wait and see.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by pkautzsch View Post
    Alright, started over from scratch, ie. RAW, I really hope this is salvageable. Dana & other crew, If you feel this should be in another thread, please say so, not sure myself if this still is "pre-screening" or rather "help me tweak my photo".

Different white balance to begin with.
    No sharpening at all and still the numbers on the gear door looked a bit edgy. Slight Gaussian blur added there .

Better?
    Slightly improved, but still borderline at best, but if you don't mind the potential rejection, worth a shot.

Leave a comment:

• pkautzsch
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	N718BA_IMG_6718_neu_mehr_kontrast.jpg Views:	0 Size:	410.5 KB ID:	1147044 Alright, started over from scratch, ie. RAW, I really hope this is salvageable. Dana & other crew, If you feel this should be in another thread, please say so, not sure myself if this still is "pre-screening" or rather "help me tweak my photo".

Different white balance to begin with.
    No sharpening at all and still the numbers on the gear door looked a bit edgy. Slight Gaussian blur added there .

Better?

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Well, thank you for the honest comments so far. Once pointed out it's so obvious, but sometimes it's easy to get lost in editing, huh. So here we try again. Better?
    Poor contrast and heavy oversharpening/compression.

Leave a comment:

• pkautzsch
    replied
    Well, thank you for the honest comments so far. Once pointed out it's so obvious, but sometimes it's easy to get lost in editing, huh. So here we try again. Better?

Click image for larger version

Name:	N718BA_IMG_6718_n1.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	412.2 KB
ID:	1146939

Leave a comment:

• JuklicekCZ
    replied
    I would also add, that the first one looks heavily oversharpened.

Leave a comment:

• dmvAviation
    replied
    I'd say out of the two you should upload the first one, but there are a couple things you should fix first. First off, it's got way too much contrast on it. Second, it's a bit dark but I think it should be somewhat okay once you lower the contrast.

Then again I'm not a professional screener or anything so take this advice with a bit of salt until someone who actually knows what they're doing replies.

Leave a comment:

• pkautzsch
    replied
    Something slightly special here. Need a bit of help deciding which of these to upload.
    I know they are similar (same sequence, same day), so will upload only one.
    Weather wasn't exactly great, but hey, you're not always there when one of these is coming.
    Things I'm not sure about:
    - Contrast
    - dark or not
    - white balance
    - and crop with the second picture

Thanks for all input

Name:	N718BA_IMG_6718.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	423.6 KB
ID:	1146832

Name:	N718BA_7D_P8836.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	371.2 KB
ID:	1146833

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    How about these:

1. Crop through gear door - ok?

2. faint light, does it work wrt exposure and contrast?
    1. crop ok
    2. almost certainly a contrast rejection

Leave a comment:

• pkautzsch
    replied
    How about these:

1. Crop through gear door - ok?
    Click image for larger version  Name:	9V-SMC_7D_P6192.jpg Views:	0 Size:	489.8 KB ID:	1132350

2. faint light, does it work wrt exposure and contrast?

Click image for larger version  Name:	LX-LQA_7D_P6255.jpg Views:	0 Size:	558.5 KB ID:	1132351

Thx in advance

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

Sorry about the wrong thread, thought that categories belonged to screening (and pre-screening) as well, will post in the proper thread next time. And thank you for the input. Seems it's on all the fleet's port side, so not special then.

Here's a crop question that should obviously be in the right place here
    Wondering if I should crop closer to the vertical fin (looks more balanced), but then crop right through the extended flap ("part of aircraft cut off"?). Might also need more sharpening?
    Sharpening should be ok; crop also ok for me though I know some don't like the stabilizer to be cut like that.

Leave a comment:

• pkautzsch
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Do you have an image processing question? If not, next time please post in the appropriate forum.

If the sticker is on this aircraft only, then yes Special.
    Sorry about the wrong thread, thought that categories belonged to screening (and pre-screening) as well, will post in the proper thread next time. And thank you for the input. Seems it's on all the fleet's port side, so not special then.

Here's a crop question that should obviously be in the right place here
    Wondering if I should crop closer to the vertical fin (looks more balanced), but then crop right through the extended flap ("part of aircraft cut off"?). Might also need more sharpening?

Name:	A7-ALQ_7D_P0012.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	507.0 KB
ID:	1129634

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    A "Category" question, does the sticker under windows 4/5 justify "Special Scheme"? Search returns a few "special scheme" hits and lots of "not special", so that might already be the answer. Thank you for the time anyway
    Do you have an image processing question? If not, next time please post in the appropriate forum.

If the sticker is on this aircraft only, then yes Special.

Leave a comment:

• pkautzsch
    replied
    A "Category" question, does the sticker under windows 4/5 justify "Special Scheme"? Search returns a few "special scheme" hits and lots of "not special", so that might already be the answer. Thank you for the time anyway

Name:	I-ADJY_IMG_5409.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	597.8 KB
ID:	1129572

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Here's a little off-center framing question, want to include the EK in the background. Would this work? Thank you
    I think the EK is a little too distant/blurry to justify the centering.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X