Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Balders - Prescreening required please.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hi all
    I am trying to upload a pic of a Vans RV-6, this particular aircraft didn't show up on auto fill! so i tried to fill manually but had no luck with that, as there are many of this type on the D/B I thought there may be a special area for Kit Planes, I have looked at the upload guidelines but could not see any reference to this!
    Clearly I am missing something here so any help would be most welcome.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Balders View Post
      Hi all
      I am trying to upload a pic of a Vans RV-6, this particular aircraft didn't show up on auto fill! so i tried to fill manually but had no luck with that, as there are many of this type on the D/B I thought there may be a special area for Kit Planes, I have looked at the upload guidelines but could not see any reference to this!
      Clearly I am missing something here so any help would be most welcome.
      Aircraft -> Homebuilt Aircraft -> Vans -> Vans RV-6

      Comment


      • dlowwa many thanks for your help again!!

        Comment


        • Hi Screeners, I had this pic rejected today for (1) "Oversharpen" Having had problems with soft pics I have increased my sharpness overall (trying to avoid halos as I thought I had done here!).
          (2) "Bad Colour" I never do colour adjustments after having this problem in the past, So I am a bit lost with this one. (3) "Contrast" I increased the contrast on advice from a screener when I put it in for prescreen the other four pic's were accepted.
          Many thanks for your advice in advance.

          https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7541334

          Hi dlowwa

          I used a new thread because I couldn't copy a link to the rejection in the quick reply. So I read this.
          How do I attach a file to a post?
          To attach a file to your post, you need to be using the main 'New Post' or 'New Thread' page and not 'Quick Reply'.
          Very sorry for any inconvenience.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Balders View Post
            Hi Screeners, I had this pic rejected today for (1) "Oversharpen" Having had problems with soft pics I have increased my sharpness overall (trying to avoid halos as I thought I had done here!).
            (2) "Bad Colour" I never do colour adjustments after having this problem in the past, So I am a bit lost with this one. (3) "Contrast" I increased the contrast on advice from a screener when I put it in for prescreen the other four pic's were accepted.
            Many thanks for your advice in advance.

            https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7541334
            Image is oversharpened, and the exaggerated blue cast is likely being made worse by the contrast being a little too strong. Should be fixable with suitable adjustments I think.

            Comment


            • Thanks for the reply and the advice!!

              Comment


              • Hi screeners, I would like some advice on these two rejection please. (1)https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7576242
                (2) https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7576246

                Is the Blur in these photos massive or minimal as I cant really see it!! is it fixable. And how can I adjust the Bad Processing in the second photo.

                Thanks in advance for your help here.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Balders View Post
                  Hi screeners, I would like some advice on these two rejection please. (1)https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7576242
                  (2) https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7576246

                  Is the Blur in these photos massive or minimal as I cant really see it!! is it fixable. And how can I adjust the Bad Processing in the second photo.

                  Thanks in advance for your help here.
                  I don't think, the blurriness can be fixed in these two photos. Regarding the over processing, without knowing your editing steps it's hard to tell you how to avoid the halos.
                  My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

                  Comment


                  • Thanks for getting back, Could you point me to were the halos are as I am struggling a bit on my monitor!!

                    I only add Sharpness and contrast as a rule as I have had problems going over the top in the past! if you know what i mean.

                    Comment


                    • Hi could some please change the location of Photo ID 9449705 to EGLL from EGKK.

                      Many thanks for your help.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Balders View Post
                        Thanks for getting back, Could you point me to were the halos are as I am struggling a bit on my monitor!!

                        I only add Sharpness and contrast as a rule as I have had problems going over the top in the past! if you know what i mean.
                        Open https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7576246 in your editor and equalize the photo. You will suddenly see the halos. It looks to me as if you used some auto-adjusting features (auto-contrast, shadow/highlight, ....).
                        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

                        Comment


                        • Thanks LA-A343
                          I have re-edited some of my pic's in the screening que on your suggestion.

                          Thanks again

                          One other note I am trying to get a location change on ID 9449705 from EGKK To EGLL, I have tried it in my profile but not had much luck!!

                          Comment


                          • Hi Screeners I had these two rejected today #1 for over sharpness #2 for soft!! Having had this problem before and asked for advice to identifying over sharpness (see post #116 above) I cannot see any great halos in the equalising tool for the A350, #2 is said to be soft but when I increased the sharpness I had Halos appear!! how fine is the line between too much & too little sharpness? are either worth an appeal.
                            Thanks for your time.

                            (1)https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7623048
                            (2)https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7623052

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Balders View Post
                              Hi Screeners I had these two rejected today #1 for over sharpness #2 for soft!! Having had this problem before and asked for advice to identifying over sharpness (see post #116 above) I cannot see any great halos in the equalising tool for the A350, #2 is said to be soft but when I increased the sharpness I had Halos appear!! how fine is the line between too much & too little sharpness? are either worth an appeal.
                              Thanks for your time.

                              (1)https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7623048
                              (2)https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7623052
                              The halos being referred to before have nothing to do with sharpness. They're usually a secondary effect of boosting shadows or reducing highlights.

                              As for your two rejected images, an appeal would not be worth it; the second, while borderline, is a bit soft. The first however, is terribly oversharpened. Most of the straight edges are not smooth, but in fact extremely jagged. This rejection was absolutely correct.

                              Comment


                              • Thanks for the feed back.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X