Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balders
    replied
    Thanks for the feedback I will do so in the future.

Leave a comment:

• pdeboer
    replied
    Originally posted by Balders View Post
    Advice needed about a rejection for "Bad Motive" the picture in question clearly shows a car number plate.

What I would like to know is it acceptable to remove the number in post processing or is this considered digital manipulation?

Also do I need to remove other photos already accepted into the data base?

Many thanks in advance for your help.
    blurring is allowed, you can read that in the upload guidelines under section 3.4.3 Motive

Leave a comment:

• Balders
    replied
    Advice needed about a rejection for "Bad Motive" the picture in question clearly shows a car number plate.

What I would like to know is it acceptable to remove the number in post processing or is this considered digital manipulation?

Also do I need to remove other photos already accepted into the data base?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Leave a comment:

• Balders
    replied
    Many thanks I read something like that in an old thread but just wanted tone sure!

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi Screeners, I have had a Hot Photo rejected (for my haste) more than anything!! how long do I need to wait until I can resubmit after correction!
    Thanks for your time.
    You can resubmit as soon and as often as you'd like, until (unless) your slots are blocked

Leave a comment:

• Balders
    replied
    Hi Screeners, I have had a Hot Photo rejected (for my haste) more than anything!! how long do I need to wait until I can resubmit after correction!
    Thanks for your time.

Leave a comment:

• Balders
    replied
    Ok thanks for the advice I will put it in the reject bin!!

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi Screeners on advice yesterday from dlowwa I have added more contrast to this photo, would this be ok now!! Many thanks in advance.
    Not sure more contrast is going to make much of a difference. The lack of direct light is really the problem, and not something that can be solved with editing.

Leave a comment:

• Balders
    replied
    Hi Screeners on advice yesterday from dlowwa I have added more contrast to this photo, would this be ok now!! Many thanks in advance.Click image for larger version

Name:	B-1085-AIR-CHINA-16.11.19.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	263.4 KB
ID:	1074884

Leave a comment:

• Balders
    replied
    Great thanks for the quick reply.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi Screeners, Please could I have the attached prescreened, Thanks for any advice in advance.
    1. dark, contrast
    2. ok
    3. contrast
    4-5 ok

Leave a comment:

• Balders
    replied
    Hi Screeners, Please could I have the attached prescreened, Thanks for any advice in advance.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	A7-BCY-QATAR-16.11.19.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	1074821Click image for larger version

Name:	B-LRK-CATHAY-PACIFIC-16.11.19.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	225.1 KB
ID:	1074817
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Balders
    replied
    Thanks for the feed back.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi Screeners I had these two rejected today #1 for over sharpness #2 for soft!! Having had this problem before and asked for advice to identifying over sharpness (see post #116 above) I cannot see any great halos in the equalising tool for the A350, #2 is said to be soft but when I increased the sharpness I had Halos appear!! how fine is the line between too much & too little sharpness? are either worth an appeal.
    Thanks for your time.

(1)https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7623048
    (2)https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7623052
    The halos being referred to before have nothing to do with sharpness. They're usually a secondary effect of boosting shadows or reducing highlights.

As for your two rejected images, an appeal would not be worth it; the second, while borderline, is a bit soft. The first however, is terribly oversharpened. Most of the straight edges are not smooth, but in fact extremely jagged. This rejection was absolutely correct.

Leave a comment:

• Balders
    replied
    Hi Screeners I had these two rejected today #1 for over sharpness #2 for soft!! Having had this problem before and asked for advice to identifying over sharpness (see post #116 above) I cannot see any great halos in the equalising tool for the A350, #2 is said to be soft but when I increased the sharpness I had Halos appear!! how fine is the line between too much & too little sharpness? are either worth an appeal.
    Thanks for your time.

(1)https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7623048
    (2)https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7623052

Leave a comment:

Working...
X