Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pta Aviation - Editing advice

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Hi there. This photo was rejected for being dark and underexposed. How can the screener say it's dark when that clearly isn't the case. Even both histograms show the photo to gravitate more towards the overexposed side. And even without looking at the histogram you can clearly see the photo is quite bright. I do apologise if I'm coming across as rude or confrontational. It's not my intention. I just feel the screener has contradicted him/herself with the rejection reason they have given, because it doesn't take a professional photographer to see that this photo is not dark.

    I have not mentioned the contrast reason because I am not worried about that as I can easily fix it.

    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6317175

    https://www.jetphotos.com/members/sh...1516010418.jpg

    https://www.jetphotos.com/members/sh...1516010418.jpg

    Comment


    • #17
      I have tried to improve it a little. I increased both the exposure and contrast. On the right is the rejected photo and on the left is the version I have attempted to improve.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0392-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	441.1 KB
ID:	1021884Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0392.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	412.7 KB
ID:	1021885

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Pta Aviation View Post
        I have tried to improve it a little. I increased both the exposure and contrast. On the right is the rejected photo and on the left is the version I have attempted to improve.

        [ATTACH=CONFIG]13187[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13188[/ATTACH]
        I agree underexposed was the wrong rejection reason. Contrast is a bit of an issue; the improved version looks better to me, but can't promise it would pass screening.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
          I agree underexposed was the wrong rejection reason. Contrast is a bit of an issue; the improved version looks better to me, but can't promise it would pass screening.
          Okay. Thanks for the feedback. I'll upload the improved version and see how it goes.

          Comment


          • #20
            Hi there. Here is another photo that was also rejected for dark/underexposed even though again, as both histograms clearly show, that is not the case. I have appealed this rejection and am waiting for the outcome.

            https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6307189

            https://www.jetphotos.com/members/sh...1515611874.jpg

            https://www.jetphotos.com/members/sh...1515611874.jpg

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Pta Aviation View Post
              Hi there. Here is another photo that was also rejected for dark/underexposed even though again, as both histograms clearly show, that is not the case. I have appealed this rejection and am waiting for the outcome.

              https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6307189

              https://www.jetphotos.com/members/sh...1515611874.jpg

              https://www.jetphotos.com/members/sh...1515611874.jpg
              Hey,

              I agree with the screeners decision. The Image is way too dark, what you can see in the edited picture below. (left side edited, right side your origanal)
              Click image for larger version

Name:	22759_1515611874.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	486.7 KB
ID:	1021909

              Have a nice start in the new week!
              Best Regards from Germany,
              Julian S.​

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Julian S. View Post
                Hey,

                I agree with the screeners decision. The Image is way too dark, what you can see in the edited picture below. (left side edited, right side your origanal)
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]13212[/ATTACH]

                Have a nice start in the new week!
                Okay. I see it now. Thank you for the feedback.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Hi there. Please pre-screen this photo. Thank you.

                  Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC0026.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	711.2 KB
ID:	1021974

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Pta Aviation View Post
                    Hi there. Please pre-screen this photo. Thank you.

                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]13289[/ATTACH]
                    Looks ok to me.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by B7772ADL View Post
                      Looks ok to me.
                      Thank you.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        1.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0010.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	579.8 KB
ID:	1022045 2.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0071.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	393.6 KB
ID:	1022046 3.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0200.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	597.1 KB
ID:	1022047
                        4.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0255.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	803.5 KB
ID:	1022048

                        Hi there. Please pre screen. Thank you.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Pta Aviation View Post
                          1.[ATTACH=CONFIG]13369[/ATTACH] 2.[ATTACH=CONFIG]13370[/ATTACH] 3.[ATTACH=CONFIG]13371[/ATTACH]
                          4.[ATTACH=CONFIG]13372[/ATTACH]

                          Hi there. Please pre screen. Thank you.
                          1: maybe a tad dark
                          2: OK
                          3 and 4: soft and harsh contrast
                          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
                            1: maybe a tad dark
                            2: OK
                            3 and 4: soft and harsh contrast
                            Thank you for the feedback. Could you please clarify what you mean by harsh contrast.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              I've increased the exposure a bit. Is it better?

                              Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0010-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	550.1 KB
ID:	1022061

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Pta Aviation View Post
                                I've increased the exposure a bit. Is it better?

                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]13385[/ATTACH]
                                Still borderline, but probably ok.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X