Pta Aviation - Editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pta Aviation - Editing advice

Hi there. I shot this pic while under shadow caused by cloud cover. I increased the exposure and contrast to try and give it a more natural look. I know the current edit probably won't be acceptable. So I just wanted to know if there is any way I can make it more acceptable to upload to the site. Thank you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC0280-2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	805.7 KB
ID:	1045150

Originally posted by Pta Aviation View Post
    Hi there. I shot this pic while under shadow caused by cloud cover. I increased the exposure and contrast to try and give it a more natural look. I know the current edit probably won't be acceptable. So I just wanted to know if there is any way I can make it more acceptable to upload to the site.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11406[/ATTACH]
    Don't think so, contrast is far too poor.

Comment

Okay. Thank you.

Comment

Hi there. I just recently had these two photos rejected with the reasons being that I uploaded similar photos. I just wanted to what exactly that means. Thank you.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

Hi there. I just recently had these two photos rejected with the reasons being that I uploaded similar photos. I just wanted to what exactly that means. Thank you.

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6195498
          Hey

Picture 1 (https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6194143) is too similar with this one: https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8725074
          Picture 2 (https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6195498) is too similar with this one: https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8725011

That means that you are showing the same side of the same aircraft on the same day and airport. If you have a better photo of the different/opposite side, you can upload it and it shouldn´t rejected due to "similar".

Quote from the Guidelines written by Alex:
          2.6 Similar

Means that you have a similar photo already in the database. Please upload only your best photos, try to be creative. Similar refers to:
          - a photo taken from the same sequence the same day e. landing, taxiing, ramp parking or take off
          or
          - same registration, similar angle or composition or same background taken on different dates.
          - Close up views and full or partial views of an a/c taken at the same angle, are generally considered similar.

If a new upload is of a significantly better quality, we may consider accepting it.

We will only accept a certain number of cockpit or window shots taken in the same aircraft (normally no more than two).
          You can find the whole Guidelines here.

I hope that this will help you, have a nice evening.
          Best Regards from Germany,
          Julian S.​

Comment

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6195498

Name:	59356_1510342163.jpg
Size:	787.6 KB
ID:	1020398Click image for larger version

Name:	54427_1507063076.jpg
Size:	687.9 KB
ID:	1020399

Same side/sequence, same day = similar. Pretty clear.

Comment

Hi there. Just wanted to know if composition wise is this photo acceptable? Thank you.

Name:	_DSC0167.jpg
Size:	710.4 KB
ID:	1020482

Comment

Hi there. Just wanted to know if composition wise is this photo acceptable? Thank you.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11588[/ATTACH]
                Composition ok, quality not ok.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                  Composition ok, quality not ok.
                  Thank you. Quality as in colour or sharpness?

Comment

I have had this photo rejected for the second time for categories wrong or missing. I ticked small prop which I thought was the correct category for this aircraft. I don't understand.

Comment

Thank you. Quality as in colour or sharpness?
                      Color, contrast.

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6207477

I have had this photo rejected for the second time for categories wrong or missing. I ticked small prop which I thought was the correct category for this aircraft. I don't understand.
                      Small Prop is only for up to 10-seats.

Comment

I've adjusted the colour and contrast. Is it better?

Name:	_DSC0167-1.jpg
Size:	711.0 KB
ID:	1020730

Name:	_DSC0139-2.jpg
Size:	660.7 KB
ID:	1020731

Can you also please pre-screen this pic. Thank you.

Comment

I've adjusted the colour and contrast. Is it better?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11868[/ATTACH]
                          Still low contrast and blue tint.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11869[/ATTACH]

Can you also please pre-screen this pic. Thank you.
                          Contrast, horizon, and appears to be backlit.

Comment

Hi there. I've been getting quite a lot of contrast rejections lately, which I have a bit of an issue with because I quite simply do not see any difference contrast wise between the photos that have been getting rejected lately and the ones that have been accepted in the past and recent past. Here is just one example.

ZS-TOW. Gates Learjet 35A. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

The top pic is one that was accepted and the bottom one was rejected due to too much or too little contrast (I also don't understand why you can't specify whether it's too much or too little contrast). In my view when I look at the two photos I don't see much difference in the contrast. Not only do I believe the second photo was wrongfully rejected but I strongly believe my appeal on its rejection was also wrongfully rejected. I really do not see anything wrong with that photo.
                            Last edited by Pta Aviation; 2017-12-25, 07:02. Reason: grammar and spelling correction

Comment

Hi there. I've been getting quite a lot of contrast rejections lately, which I have a bit of an issue with because I quite simply do not see any difference contrast wise between the photos that have been getting rejected lately and the ones that have been accepted in the past and recent past. Here is just one example.

ZS-TOW. Gates Learjet 35A. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

The top pic is one that was accepted and the bottom one was rejected due to too much or too little contrast (I also don't understand why you can't specify whether it's too much or too little contrast). In my view when I look at the two photos I don't see much difference in the contrast. Not only do I believe the second photo was wrongfully rejected but I strongly believe my appeal on its rejection was also wrongfully rejected. I really do not see anything wrong with that photo.
                              On the rejected picture you can notice a gap on the right side of the histogram which shows a lack of light tones, a very easy fix.

Regards and Merry Xmas

Alex

Comment

Working...
                              X