Paul Stam - editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paul Stam View Post
    Complain? That is incorrect. I just started with the following questions: 1) What is wrong with the contrast
    2) This one was rejected for lack of contrast. I disagree. Your opinion please and how must I improve it ..
    So no complaints, but ask for help. So far had no answer.
    No answer, because you still refuse to follow our simple request

Comment

I give up. You win. Congratulations. You have shown your power as a moderator. I hope you are satisfied. It is now 11.00 p.m. here in Medemblik, so good night.

Comment

I give up. You win. Congratulations. You have shown your power as a moderator. I hope you are satisfied. It is now 11.00 p.m. here in Medemblik, so good night.
        Nobody is trying to 'win', just trying to help you understand why you're not getting what you are looking for. If you feel you don't need to follow our requests that's of course your choice, but then please understand why we feel no obligation to reply.

Comment

I had one rejected: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8094156 and one of the reasons was digital manipulation The comment van the screener was this: Sky replacement is not allowed. If you do this again you get an upload restriction

I am amazed. What's the meaning of this? I have never done that before. I don't know how to do that. I have never heard of it. And then immediately a threat. I find this very insulting, Please explain how you can replace the sky, because I have never done it. Like I said I can't at all. What a sad comment from a screener.

Comment

I had one rejected: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8094156 and one of the reasons was digital manipulation The comment van the screener was this: Sky replacement is not allowed. If you do this again you get an upload restriction

I am amazed. What's the meaning of this? I have never done that before. I don't know how to do that. I have never heard of it. And then immediately a threat. I find this very insulting, Please explain how you can replace the sky, because I have never done it. Like I said I can't at all. What a sad comment from a screener.
            An overraction from the screener. Because the quality of the image/sky is so poor, it looks like it has been manipulated. I'll mention it to the screener to be more careful before making accusations in the future.

Comment

Thank you for your answer. I am curious how you can replace the sky in a photo. How do you do that?

Comment

Thank you for your answer. I am curious how you can replace the sky in a photo. How do you do that?
                Pretty easy actually, just select the whole aircraft (i.e. isolate it from the rest of the frame), and replace the remaining part of the frame with a single color.

It took me less than 20 seconds to do with your image:

Click image for larger version

Name:	24191_1587666959.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	241.0 KB
ID:	1088543

Comment

Thank you for your explanation, although I will probably never use it.

Comment

Thank you for your explanation, although I will probably never use it.
                    That's a good thing, since it's not allowed

Comment

My question:
                      I had a photo rejected for bad info. That is it. Without further explanation. How do I find out what the bad info is?

dlowwa replies with:

Hello, as we have asked before, please read here carefully, especially #4:

https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...ning-from-crew

Your previous thread:

https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...editing-advice

This thread will be deleted shortly, thank you.

Yes I know that too, but I cannot find my previous thread. I used the search function and entered my name. And this is the result: Search Result

Search Results: 0 result in 0.0047 seconds.

So the forum doesn't know my name, how can I find my threads if I haven't checked the forum for months. I get sick of being treated like a little boy all the time. Then make the forum easier to access. Or even better answer my question, then we're done. or even better let the screener mention what the bad info is, then I don't need the whole forum. Surely it's not my fault that the forum works with such complicated rules, it's not my fault that the search button doesn't work. So thanks for the help (sarcastic) and good night. I'm done with it and will not get an answer to my question.

Comment

So the forum doesn't know my name, how can I find my threads if I haven't checked the forum for months.
                        we discussed this before, and came to a solution even you agreed worked, no?

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                        Your browser almost certainly has a function called a 'bookmark' or something where you can save this page for future use. I suggest you 'bookmark' this page so you can find it easily again in the future.
                        Thanks for your advice. I have saved this page in my browser and it works very well.

Paul
                        Does this no longer work?

I get sick of being treated like a little boy all the time.
                        Well, we can ask politely, and then try to inform, but beyond that people's willingness to listen and try to understand is beyond our control ​​

Or even better answer my question, then we're done.
                        Not sure why you think you should get special treatment, especially after you've just asked not to receive it

or even better let the screener mention what the bad info is, then I don't need the whole forum
                        The reason for the bad info is mentioned both on the page for the rejected image, and in your rejected appeal. Do you know where and how to view your rejected images?

Yes, it might be easier in the short term just to give you the answer you are looking for, but in the long term is it not much more efficient if we take the time to teach you how to answer these questions yourself, AND how to use the forum properly, so you don't need to go through this each time it happens in the future?

Comment

The reason for the bad info is mentioned both on the page for the rejected image, and in your rejected appeal. Do you know where and how to view your rejected images?

I did not appeal the photo, so I received no explanation. And by the way what is the meaning of the search button when it does not work.

Your browser almost certainly has a function called a 'bookmark' or something where you can save this page for future use. I suggest you 'bookmark' this page so you can find it easily again in the future. I did so, but after months I lost it. So why so difficult. Made the forum easier to access.

Comment

I did not appeal the photo, so I received no explanation.
                            I see only one image on your rejection list that was rejected for bad info, an RNLAF Alouette. If this is not the image you are referring to, I have no idea which one you are talking about.

Comment

This one: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8448127. What is the bad motive??

Comment

This one: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8448127. What is the bad motive??
                                Recognizable people
                                My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Working...
                                X