Majky737 - Editing Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello,

I want to ask for pre-screening of attached photo, especially concerning about contrast/exposure.

Click image for larger version

Name:	4K-AZ04.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	703.3 KB
ID:	1100028

Thank you
    Marian

Comment

• Originally posted by Majky737 View Post
      Hello,

I want to ask for pre-screening of attached photo, especially concerning about contrast/exposure.

Name:	4K-AZ04.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	703.3 KB
ID:	1100028

Thank you
      Marian
      Maybe a touch dark, but would be ok for me.

Comment

• Hi,

today, there was a special opportunity to catch Il-76 on my home airport. As the weather forecast was fine, I decided to go. However, weather was not so fine after all - cloudy overcast day. I know JP will most likely not accept photos taken in bad weather for poor contrast, however I wanted to ask if attached photo has any chances, as this kind of airplane was somehow special. I wanted to take photo in front of moutains to reduce poor grey sky, but tail stabilizer was too high.

Thank you for your time.

Marian

Name:	UR-BXQ.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	603.9 KB
ID:	1100836

Comment

Hi,

today, there was a special opportunity to catch Il-76 on my home airport. As the weather forecast was fine, I decided to go. However, weather was not so fine after all - cloudy overcast day. I know JP will most likely not accept photos taken in bad weather for poor contrast, however I wanted to ask if attached photo has any chances, as this kind of airplane was somehow special. I wanted to take photo in front of moutains to reduce poor grey sky, but tail stabilizer was too high.

Thank you for your time.

Marian

Name:	UR-BXQ.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	603.9 KB
ID:	1100836
          Contrast is indeed quite poor; an image of this with the updated livery has already been accepted, but be aware we are usually a bit more lenient for first images, so yours might get a little more scrutiny.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Contrast is indeed quite poor; an image of this with the updated livery has already been accepted, but be aware we are usually a bit more lenient for first images, so yours might get a little more scrutiny.
            Yes I know it. So I will keep it for personal collection, thanks for you time.

Comment

• Hello,

yesterday, there was a special visitor on my home airport. I took some photos during his evening departure, however have some doubts which to upload.

Name:	AN_1.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	649.4 KB
ID:	1101165

This was taken during take off roll. As I like this angle more, it is obvious that sun was behing cloud so contrast is not great. Question is, if you think it is fixable with better contrast edit.

Name:	AN_2.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	755.1 KB
ID:	1101166
              This was taken during taxi, when I think light was better and hopefully contrast is fine on this one, however, angle was not that good.

So my question is - does it worth to spend some effort on #1, or better to go on with #2?

Thank you for your feedback.

Marian

Comment

Hello,

yesterday, there was a special visitor on my home airport. I took some photos during his evening departure, however have some doubts which to upload.

Name:	AN_1.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	649.4 KB
ID:	1101165

This was taken during take off roll. As I like this angle more, it is obvious that sun was behing cloud so contrast is not great. Question is, if you think it is fixable with better contrast edit.

Name:	AN_2.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	755.1 KB
ID:	1101166
                This was taken during taxi, when I think light was better and hopefully contrast is fine on this one, however, angle was not that good.

So my question is - does it worth to spend some effort on #1, or better to go on with #2?

Thank you for your feedback.

Marian
                Both have issues with contrast and softness, though the light is a bit better on the second.

Comment

Both have issues with contrast and softness, though the light is a bit better on the second.
                  Thank you. I have adjusted contrast and added some extra sharpening to the second.

Name:	AN_2_I.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	807.0 KB
ID:	1101203

Comment

• Hello,

I have some difficultys with the attached photo. To make long story short:

- is the contrast on photo good enought to be accepted, or should I try to adjust it more?
                    - is the motive acceptable, as pilot is visible on the photo?

Thank you
                    Marian

Name:	OM-KLM.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	915.2 KB
ID:	1102218

Comment

Hello,

I have some difficultys with the attached photo. To make long story short:

- is the contrast on photo good enought to be accepted, or should I try to adjust it more?
                      - is the motive acceptable, as pilot is visible on the photo?

Thank you
                      Marian

Name:	OM-KLM.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	915.2 KB
ID:	1102218
                      Contrast and motive are fine. Sharpness will be an issue.

Comment

• Hi,

I have added some extra sharpening to the previous image, however, has been rejected for soft. So now I have adjusted it more. Can you tell me if the sharpening is ok now? Thank you

Marian

Name:	OM-KLM_II.jpg
Size:	1,004.7 KB
ID:	1102913

Comment

Hi,

I have added some extra sharpening to the previous image, however, has been rejected for soft. So now I have adjusted it more. Can you tell me if the sharpening is ok now? Thank you

Marian

Name:	OM-KLM_II.jpg
Size:	1,004.7 KB
ID:	1102913
                          Still soft maybe even somewhat blurry.

Comment

• Hello,

today I have received this reject:
                            JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

So I adjusted histogram via curves, hoping to resolve contrast and exposure problem. I kindly ask to prescreen attached photo, if it is acceptable. Thank you.

Marian

Name:	0110_I.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	605.9 KB
ID:	1108014

Comment

Hello,

today I have received this reject:
                              JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

So I adjusted histogram via curves, hoping to resolve contrast and exposure problem. I kindly ask to prescreen attached photo, if it is acceptable. Thank you.

Marian

Name:	0110_I.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	605.9 KB
ID:	1108014
                              Slightly better, though contrast is still a bit too harsh.

Comment

Slightly better, though contrast is still a bit too harsh.
                                Thank you. I made one more version, could you check if contrast is better (not too harsh and not too low) on new edit?

Thank you.

Name:	0110_II.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	624.0 KB
ID:	1108029

Comment

Working...
                                X