Majky737 - Editing Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MarkLawrence View Post

Dana - a question - I am guessing from raw/dng to 16-bit TIFF right?
    Yes, RAW -> 16-bit TIFF -> editing -> downsizing (usually 1600pix for me) -> convert to 8-bit -> save as jpeg -> upload.

As I said, a bit cumbersome, so only done on certain images. Otherwise, much simpler RAW -> 8-bit jpeg -> editing -> downsize -> upload.

It's the 16-bit vs. 8-bit that makes the difference.

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10676481 -> subtle shift in brightness in the sky, so started with a 16-bit TIFF

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10652851 -> uniform color/brightness in sky, so straight to jpeg

Comment

• Perfect!! Thank you Dana!!

Comment

• Hello,

thank you all for explanation and discussion. Unfortunately, rejected photos were shot direct to jpg, so I guess nothing I can do with them. I have made one more edit of ATR attached below, but I expect it is not better as rejected one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	HA-KAN_III.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	665.3 KB
ID:	1145218

Thank you.

M.

Comment

• Originally posted by Majky737 View Post
          Hello,

thank you all for explanation and discussion. Unfortunately, rejected photos were shot direct to jpg, so I guess nothing I can do with them. I have made one more edit of ATR attached below, but I expect it is not better as rejected one.
          There is some blotchiness/compression visible, yes.

Comment

• Hi,

I have received this reject for Noise/grain:

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

In what areas of photo is noise visible? Will selective noise reduction help in this case?

Comment

Hi,

I have received this reject for Noise/grain:

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

In what areas of photo is noise visible? Will selective noise reduction help in this case?
              Borderline for me, but enough for a rejection for the two screeners who screened it. Not much chance of a successful appeal.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Borderline for me, but enough for a rejection for the two screeners who screened it. Not much chance of a successful appeal.
                I think that it is ok, as intentions of this question were to find noise areas, reprocess and queue again.

However, I think problem was related to sky area, so I have applied some more noise reduction filter there. Can you prescreen new edit attached below?

Thank you.

Name:	EC-MFE_VI.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	612.2 KB
ID:	1146081

Comment

I think that it is ok, as intentions of this question were to find noise areas, reprocess and queue again.

However, I think problem was related to sky area, so I have applied some more noise reduction filter there. Can you prescreen new edit attached below?
                  Sorry, I think I meant to post that reply in a different thread..though I think it mostly applies here. Wouldn't have been a rejection for me, but I can kind of see why it might have been for someone else. Newer version slightly soft, but also ok for me.

Comment

• Hello screeners,

today I have received photo reject due undersharpened and noise HERE

I have added some extra sharpening and some noise reduction as well. Can you give me hint if there is any improvement visible on new edit and if it is maybe acceptable as - is now?

Thank you for your time.
                    Marian

Name:	P4-EYE_II.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	431.6 KB
ID:	1159409

Comment

Hello screeners,

today I have received photo reject due undersharpened and noise HERE

I have added some extra sharpening and some noise reduction as well. Can you give me hint if there is any improvement visible on new edit and if it is maybe acceptable as - is now?
                      Still lots of soft areas. Not sure the quality is there to make this workable.

Comment

• Hello,

I have received this reject:

I made another edit of another image from same photos batch hoping to resolve compression issue.

Is the new edit acceptable in therms of compression, colors and contrast?

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards
                        Marian

Name:	N711CL_II.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	696.8 KB
ID:	1161507

Comment

Hello,

I have received this reject:

I made another edit of another image from same photos batch hoping to resolve compression issue.

Is the new edit acceptable in therms of compression, colors and contrast?
                          Rejected (and new) image was fine for me in terms of color, but both show some heat haze.

Comment

• Hello jetPhotos crew,

can you help me to determine if attached photo should be rejected for backlit or not? I am somehow unable to say if tail is on it's own shadow or not.

Thank you for your comments.
                            Marian

Name:	B-17881.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	768.1 KB
ID:	1161855

Comment

Hello jetPhotos crew,

can you help me to determine if attached photo should be rejected for backlit or not? I am somehow unable to say if tail is on it's own shadow or not.
                              Close, but not quite backlit.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Close, but not quite backlit.
                                Thank you. In your opinion, does it have chance to be accepted as is or are there any issues to fix I should focus on?

Comment

Working...
                                X