Name:	IMG_4770bewerkt.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	1020543

Is this one okay guys ?

Leave a comment:

• Bjorn1979
    replied
    Thank you very much for trying Paul . I will take the settings you gave and see how it's works out on my screen.

Leave a comment:

• PMN
    replied
    Hi Bjorn,

Really sorry about the delay in replying! I've had a play with the RAW file, again I can't guarantee this will be accepted but personally I'd give it an accept vote based on the overall quality. These adjustments:

...Along with +30 on noise reduction in ACR and applying Smart Sharpen at 170% with a radius of 0.3 (done after resizing to 1920 wide) gave this result:

It might be worth using those settings as a starting point and seeing if you can improve on them, this was only a quick edit so it may be possible to improve the results with a bit more time.

Leave a comment:

• Bjorn1979
    replied
    Thank you Paul. Gonna try to edit the raw file with the settings you just gave.

Leave a comment:

• PMN
    replied
    I think this is possibly saveable. These tweaks:

Give this result:

As it is it may be rejected for the contrast being too harsh, but bear in mind it's been edited from an 8 bit JPEG so the file has been pulled around much more than would be ideal. With the finer control and more information available when editing RAW files I think it might be possible to get an acceptable edit.

Feel free to drop me a PM if you'd like me to see what I can pull from the RAW file.

Leave a comment:

• Bjorn1979
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1447bewerkt.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	1020414

Thanks Paul. This is the original file. It's a raw file which i saved to jpeg so i could upload it here.

Leave a comment:

• PMN
    replied
    Any chance we could see the original? Careful Curves adjustments usually work infinitely better than overall contrast adjustments on shots with harsh light like this so it might be worth a go!

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by Bjorn1979 View Post
    Need some help with this reject guys :

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Tried to lower the dark tones but that really ruines the picture. Adding more contrast just makes it darker.

Thank you
    Yeah, the light is pretty harsh, so not sure there's much you can do to make it more acceptable for here. I can already see noise in the shadows where you've tried to brighten it some.

Leave a comment:

• Bjorn1979
    started a topic Bjorn1979 - Editing advice

Bjorn1979 - Editing advice

Need some help with this reject guys :

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Tried to lower the dark tones but that really ruines the picture. Adding more contrast just makes it darker.

Thank you
Working...
X