Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bjorn1979 - Editing advice

Need some help with this reject guys :

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Tried to lower the dark tones but that really ruines the picture. Adding more contrast just makes it darker.

Thank you

Originally posted by Bjorn1979 View Post
    Need some help with this reject guys :

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Tried to lower the dark tones but that really ruines the picture. Adding more contrast just makes it darker.

Thank you
    Yeah, the light is pretty harsh, so not sure there's much you can do to make it more acceptable for here. I can already see noise in the shadows where you've tried to brighten it some.

Comment

Any chance we could see the original? Careful Curves adjustments usually work infinitely better than overall contrast adjustments on shots with harsh light like this so it might be worth a go!
      Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1447bewerkt.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	1020414

Thanks Paul. This is the original file. It's a raw file which i saved to jpeg so i could upload it here.

Comment

I think this is possibly saveable. These tweaks:

Give this result:

As it is it may be rejected for the contrast being too harsh, but bear in mind it's been edited from an 8 bit JPEG so the file has been pulled around much more than would be ideal. With the finer control and more information available when editing RAW files I think it might be possible to get an acceptable edit.

Feel free to drop me a PM if you'd like me to see what I can pull from the RAW file.

My images on Flickr

Comment

Thank you Paul. Gonna try to edit the raw file with the settings you just gave.

Comment

Hi Bjorn,

Really sorry about the delay in replying! I've had a play with the RAW file, again I can't guarantee this will be accepted but personally I'd give it an accept vote based on the overall quality. These adjustments:

...Along with +30 on noise reduction in ACR and applying Smart Sharpen at 170% with a radius of 0.3 (done after resizing to 1920 wide) gave this result:

It might be worth using those settings as a starting point and seeing if you can improve on them, this was only a quick edit so it may be possible to improve the results with a bit more time.

My images on Flickr

Comment

Thank you very much for trying Paul . I will take the settings you gave and see how it's works out on my screen.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4770bewerkt.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	1020543

Is this one okay guys ?

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11663[/ATTACH]

Is this one okay guys ?
                    A bit dark/low contrast.

Comment

Thank you !

Comment

Guys,

Here something i would like to discuss about the new upload guidelines and then specific the part about similar rejections. I know the new rule is that it's only allowed to have one picture from a landing sequence at the same day in the database. Will there be any exception when the another picture from the same sequence with also a different angle shows something less or looks different than the picture which is allready in the database ?

For example :
                        I got this picture rejected for similar : https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6198247
                        I think the reason for rejection refers to this picture which allready is the database and from the same sequence : https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8119604

Only the picture which is rejected now doesn't show any vapour/vortex and is just regular.

I understand when both have the same color/light and nothing extra there will be a rejection.

Thank you.

Comment

Guys,

Here something i would like to discuss about the new upload guidelines and then specific the part about similar rejections. I know the new rule is that it's only allowed to have one picture from a landing sequence at the same day in the database. Will there be any exception when the another picture from the same sequence with also a different angle shows something less or looks different than the picture which is allready in the database ?

For example :
                          I got this picture rejected for similar : https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6198247
                          I think the reason for rejection refers to this picture which allready is the database and from the same sequence : https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8119604

Only the picture which is rejected now doesn't show any vapour/vortex and is just regular.

I understand when both have the same color/light and nothing extra there will be a rejection.

Thank you.
                          As it is applies now, same side/sequence, same day = similar. Different angle, color, light, vapour are irrelevant, and no, exceptions are not applied. As such, your image was correctly rejected.

Comment

Guys,

Today i got this picture rejected :

It was rejected for being similar and dark/underexposed. For the dark/underexposed part okay. Not fully agree but okay with some changes it's acceptable.
                            According to similar : It was taken from the other side of the aircraft than the side which i allready have a picture of in the database. It's more than 45 degrees difference in angle so similar is not the case here.

Comment

Guys,

Today i got this picture rejected :

It was rejected for being similar and dark/underexposed. For the dark/underexposed part okay. Not fully agree but okay with some changes it's acceptable.
                              According to similar : It was taken from the other side of the aircraft than the side which i allready have a picture of in the database. It's more than 45 degrees difference in angle so similar is not the case here.
                              If you are referring to photo 8562474, then yes you are correct, it is not similar. Perhaps the screener selected the wrong rejection reason by mistake.

Just to be clear, however, the 45 degree rule no longer applies, so please don't use it in the future when deciding which images to upload.

Comment

Working...
                              X