Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yousaf Editing Advice

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post

    Still backlit and will always be backlit. Check the shadows on the aircraft.
    for the photo to be backlit, light(in this case sun) should be in front of the camera and behind the subject. In this case, it was behind the camera and behind the subject. Light on the flaps confirms this.
    Here is clear example of backlit https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...899#post794899

    This is from the other end of the runway, definitely back-lit
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3112.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	1084373

    Comment


    • Originally posted by yousaf View Post

      for the photo to be backlit, light(in this case sun) should be in front of the camera and behind the subject. In this case, it was behind the camera and behind the subject. Light on the flaps confirms this.
      Here is clear example of backlit https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...899#post794899

      This is from the other end of the runway, definitely back-lit
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3112.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	1084373
      Explain the shadows on the tail. I for one won't comment anymore on this photo. You have asked for screener's thoughts on your photo, you got it. Now it's up to you to decide what to do with the photo.
      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

      Comment


      • Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post

        Explain the shadows on the tail. I for one won't comment anymore on this photo. You have asked for screener's thoughts on your photo, you got it. Now it's up to you to decide what to do with the photo.
        I went through the rules, I am no longer contesting that photo. Anyway, I shot this while shooting the sunset, hopefully, it doesn't have any issues.

        5.1 Backlit

        As a general rule: Don't take pictures with the sun in your eyes, shooting against the sun puts the visible half of the aircraft in shadow which means we can't see it to its advantage.
        As a rule of thumb: if the tail casts a shadow on the fuselage, the photo is most likely to be rejected for backlit.

        An exception to this is when the photographer is creating a silhouette sunset/sunrise type of shot.

        Examples of not acceptable photos
        https://cdn.jetphotos.com/custom/022-Backlit.jpg
        https://cdn.jetphotos.com/custom/023-Backlit.jpg
        https://cdn.jetphotos.com/custom/024-Backlit.jpg
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3259.jpg Views:	0 Size:	344.7 KB ID:	1084431

        Comment


        • Originally posted by yousaf View Post

          I went through the rules, I am no longer contesting that photo. Anyway, I shot this while shooting the sunset, hopefully, it doesn't have any issues.

          Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_3259.jpg Views:	0 Size:	344.7 KB ID:	1084431
          Ok for a silhouette shot, but soft and needs a tighter crop.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

            Ok for a silhouette shot, but soft and needs a tighter crop.
            Fixed enough? I was conservative with editing

            Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3259-fix.jpg Views:	0 Size:	450.7 KB ID:	1084478

            Comment


            • Originally posted by yousaf View Post

              Fixed enough? I was conservative with editing

              Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_3259-fix.jpg Views:	0 Size:	450.7 KB ID:	1084478
              Looks too soft, mainly towards the nose.
              My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

              Comment


              • improved sharpness, not aggressively though.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3259-3h.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	457.6 KB
ID:	1084533

                Comment


                • not fixed enough ?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by yousaf View Post
                    not fixed enough ?
                    Likely a rejection for soft.

                    Comment


                    • any improvement? at times when all international flights are cancelled. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3259-4H.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	643.9 KB
ID:	1084799

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by yousaf View Post
                        any improvement? at times when all international flights are cancelled. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3259-4H.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	643.9 KB
ID:	1084799
                        Soft.

                        Comment


                        • Hopefully, this frame will work Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3258-HP.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	1.90 MB
ID:	1084922

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by yousaf View Post
                            Hopefully, this frame will work Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3258-HP.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	1.90 MB
ID:	1084922
                            Soft, and VERY noisy. Not going to comment on this photo any more.

                            Comment


                            • Any issue with sharpness or contrast? Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3068.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	302.1 KB
ID:	1085303

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by yousaf View Post
                                Any issue with sharpness or contrast? Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3068.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	302.1 KB
ID:	1085303
                                Yes with both. Image is backlit, and thus not fixable.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X