Yousaf Editing Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yousaf View Post
    I will choose this at this resolution. Please comment on any issues with it.
    Soft, contrast, centering, compression, overprocessed.

Originally posted by yousaf View Post
    Does this Photo qualify as Hot ? A40-OVG This was taken in really bad weather.
    Soft/blurry, too far, contrast, compression.

Comment

• Does this edit fix any issues? Click image for larger version

Name:	JP-9K-AOD-.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	230.8 KB
ID:	1087191

Comment

Does this edit fix any issues? Click image for larger version

Name:	JP-9K-AOD-.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	230.8 KB
ID:	1087191
        Likely to be rejected for centering and dark.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Likely to be rejected for centering and dark.
          Both of these can fixed ? is it too high or too low or too right/left. No other issue? Click image for larger version  Name:	Annotation 2020-04-17 010940.png Views:	0 Size:	93.9 KB ID:	1087199

Comment

Both of these can fixed?
            Possibly.

is it too high or too low or too right/left.
            Too low.

Comment

• Backlit or not? Is this worth editing? Only cropped. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4357.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	261.7 KB
ID:	1087355

Comment

Backlit or not?
                Not quite.

Is this worth editing?
                Maybe with a less awkward crop.

Comment

Not quite.

Maybe with a less awkward crop.
                  How should it be cropped? Is this a better crop? I have never done a close crop like this before, so I need some guidance regarding it.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4351-Edit.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	1087389

Comment

How should it be cropped? Is this a better crop? I have never done a close crop like this before, so I need some guidance regarding it.
                    This angle does not work well for a tight crop. Better to leave the whole aircraft in the frame rather than cut the wings at some random point.

Comment

This angle does not work well for a tight crop. Better to leave the whole aircraft in the frame rather than cut the wings at some random point.
                      How can I check contrast from Histogram? Seahawk guide is not very clear with it.

Comment

How can I check contrast from Histogram? Seahawk guide is not very clear with it.
                        That would depend which editing program you're using. In my version of PS, it's Window -> Histogram. In ACR, it opens automatically in the top right corner.

Comment

That would depend which editing program you're using. In my version of PS, it's Window -> Histogram. In ACR, it opens automatically in the top right corner.

Name:	Annotation 2020-04-19 093217.png
Views:	90
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	1087426
                          Does this photo, if looking at histogram lacks contrast?

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Annotation 2020-04-19 093217.png Views:	0 Size:	112.1 KB ID:	1087426
                            Does this photo, if looking at histogram lacks contrast?
                            Overall, yes, as you'd want to see a more flattened distribution (lack of dark tones here), but for aviation photography relying on the histogram for contrast is not very reliable since we are much more focused on the subject (aircraft) than the whole of the image, which the histogram represents.

Comment

Overall, yes, as you'd want to see a more flattened distribution (lack of dark tones here), but for aviation photography relying on the histogram for contrast is not very reliable since we are much more focused on the subject (aircraft) than the whole of the image, which the histogram represents.
                              if we select the histogram for the aircraft only, by selecting the aircraft to a new layer and select histogram source as a current layer, it will represent a more accurate histogram for our purpose?

Name:	Annotation 2020-04-19 143041.png
Views:	83
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	1087456

Comment

if we select the histogram for the aircraft only, by selecting the aircraft to a new layer and select histogram source as a current layer, it will represent a more accurate histogram for our purpose?

Name:	Annotation 2020-04-19 143041.png
Views:	83
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	1087456
                                Should give you a better idea, yes.

Comment

Working...
                                X