Yousaf Editing Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Without more information on the frame, I couldn't tell you.
    There was issue with height of the frame, I had to re-edit to a larger size. Now, this is 1200 x 675frame.

Comment

• Originally posted by yousaf View Post

There was issue with height of the frame, I had to re-edit to a larger size. Now, this is 1200 x 675frame.
      Frame = aircraft, i.e. serial/cn/reg/bu. number, etc..

Comment

Frame = aircraft, i.e. serial/cn/reg/bu. number, etc..
        Couldn't find its Serial number.
        The sources I have found are

Construction Number: Unknown

Model Cessna 310K

Operator: Saqr al-Jazira Aviation Museum
        Picture of Cessna 310K taken at Riyadh - King Khaled International (RUH / OERK), Saudi Arabia by Steve Cos on ABPic

The twin-engined six-seats Cessna 310K reg. 131, operated by RSAF.
        http://luftwaffeas.blogspot.com/2012...rabia.html?m=1
        131 Cessna 310K

It has only taken me three years to finally get around to visiting this small but very interesting museum which is located in the North east corner of the Riyadh Air Base, off the Eastern ring road. The museum is open (Sunday - Thursday) 08:00 - 12:0…

Comment

Couldn't find its Serial number.
          The sources I have found are

Picture of Cessna 310K taken at Riyadh - King Khaled International (RUH / OERK), Saudi Arabia by Steve Cos on ABPic

http://luftwaffeas.blogspot.com/2012...rabia.html?m=1

https://forum.scramble.nl/viewtopic.php?p=917886
          Scramble is reliable, use 131 as the registration and Cessna 310K as type.

Comment

• Is there any issue with this file? Any issue with Jpg artefacts, sharpness or contrast? Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8444-Edit.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	578.7 KB
ID:	1089122

Comment

Is there any issue with this file? Any issue with Jpg artefacts, sharpness or contrast? Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8444-Edit.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	578.7 KB
ID:	1089122
              Softness and lack of contrast would certainly be issues, and perhaps color and yes compression as well.

Comment

Softness and lack of contrast would certainly be issues, and perhaps color and yes compression as well.
                • how do I deal with compression? These setting I used previously for saving in PS. For this photo, I had unchecked progressive too. Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2020-05-09 112322.png
Views:	84
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	1089144
                • This is an HDR image, so I thought, dealing with contrast shouldn't be an issue, all the data is there you just have to adjust the curves, isn't it?
                • Softness can be fixed by sharpness the aircraft a lit bit more?

Comment

[LIST][*]how do I deal with compression? These setting I used previously for saving in PS. For this photo, I had unchecked progressive too. Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2020-05-09 112322.png
Views:	84
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	1089144
                  That image is much too small to be able to tell you anything.

Originally posted by yousaf View Post
                  This is an HDR image, so I thought, dealing with contrast shouldn't be an issue, all the data is there you just have to adjust the curves, isn't it?
                  Don't do HDR. Not only is it actually not allowed, but usually ends up with a contrast/processing rejection.

Comment

• QUOTE=dlowwa;n1089181]

Don't do HDR. Not only is it actually not allowed, but usually ends up with a contrast/processing rejection.[/QUOTE]

There was an issue with the upload, had to use a third party service. Hopefully, it is clear now.

Comment

QUOTE=dlowwa;n1089181]

Don't do HDR. Not only is it actually not allowed, but usually ends up with a contrast/processing rejection.
                      There was an issue with the upload, had to use a third party service. Hopefully, it is clear now.
                      [/QUOTE]

Don't see anything specific in the settings that would cause concern, though the output file size is a bit smaller (198k) than I would expect for a 1200pix image. Not sure if that's because the 'save for web' function compresses it more than normal save function does, but in any case, maybe try just the latter and see if the size is any larger?

In any case, 'compression' as a rejection reason has other causes not related to save settings, so best if you provide an example of where you're seeing the problem.

Comment

Don't see anything specific in the settings that would cause concern, though the output file size is a bit smaller (198k) than I would expect for a 1200pix image. Not sure if that's because the 'save for web' function compresses it more than normal save function does, but in any case, maybe try just the latter and see if the size is any larger?

In any case, 'compression' as a rejection reason has other causes not related to save settings, so best if you provide an example of where you're seeing the problem.[/QUOTE]

Same photo.
                        I tried saving using normal save as, but there was an issue with white balance.

This is version, I uploaded and which was rejected here https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8108525
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4145-cli-312.jpg Views:	0 Size:	165.0 KB ID:	1089231

This is with save as, no other settings were changed. Only this was saved at 1200px
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4145-Edit-2-NJA-1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	231.6 KB ID:	1089232

Comment

Same photo.
                          I tried saving using normal save as, but there was an issue with white balance.
                          The compression effect is visible on both. In that case, probably related to your processing rather than save settings.

Comment

The compression effect is visible on both. In that case, probably related to your processing rather than save settings.
                            Can you point out the areas which have compression effects? I didn't do anything out of ordinary with these images.

Comment

Can you point out the areas which have compression effects? I didn't do anything out of ordinary with these images.
                              Sky is blocky/blotchy. Usually the effect of processing (noise reduction, etc..)

Comment

Sky is blocky/blotchy. Usually the effect of processing (noise reduction, etc..)
                                Shot at ISO100, noise reduction done with Dfine2, which was obviously minimum.

Comment

Working...
                                X