Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bobh - Editing advice

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Hi there,
    I took this shot in a museum in Beijing and am slightly worried about the obstructions, would these be an issue in it being accepted?
    Many thanks,
    Bob
    Click image for larger version

Name:	232_20180621_PEKCAM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	760.0 KB
ID:	1028764

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by bobh View Post
      Hi there,
      I took this shot in a museum in Beijing and am slightly worried about the obstructions, would these be an issue in it being accepted?
      Many thanks,
      Bob
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]16703[/ATTACH]
      Permanent unavoidable obstructions on preserved aircraft are generally acceptable. It's the times when the obstructions are avoidable, either by finding a better angle, or simply waiting that rejections are likely to result.

      Comment


      • #18
        Hi there,
        I got the following rejected for cut off or underexposed. Could I ask for advice on better crops and maybe a confirmation that they are underexposed. As always, many thanks to the team.
        Bob

        https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6679185
        https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6679519
        https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6681133

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by bobh View Post
          Hi there,
          I got the following rejected for cut off or underexposed. Could I ask for advice on better crops and maybe a confirmation that they are underexposed. As always, many thanks to the team.
          Bob

          https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6679185
          https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6679519
          https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6681133
          First two look ok to me; I think it the tiny bit of obstruction on the first that's making it look like a poor crop, but the second might even warrant an appeal. Third just needs a little brightening, though the contrast is a bit harsh on all three.

          Comment


          • #20
            Hi there, would it be possible to have some advice on the attached photo. Many thanks for all feedback

            Click image for larger version

Name:	G-YMMJ_20180727_PVG.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	709.7 KB
ID:	1029265

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by bobh View Post
              Hi there, would it be possible to have some advice on the attached photo. Many thanks for all feedback

              [ATTACH=CONFIG]17294[/ATTACH]
              A bit dark, otherwise no major issues.

              Comment


              • #22
                Hi there,
                Thanks for advice, in another thread, about night photography at Haneda. Could I ask for some advice on the following photo

                Click image for larger version

Name:	JA717A_20181003_HND.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	938.5 KB
ID:	1030808

                Also the following was rejected for bad info, could I get a pointer as to what was wrong

                https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6846052

                Many thanks,

                Bob

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by bobh View Post
                  Hi there,
                  Thanks for advice, in another thread, about night photography at Haneda. Could I ask for some advice on the following photo

                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]19216[/ATTACH]
                  Maybe a touch soft, but probably ok as is.

                  Originally posted by bobh View Post
                  Also the following was rejected for bad info, could I get a pointer as to what was wrong

                  https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6846052
                  Didn't screen it, but it was rejected for bad reg., assuming because there was no reg. given.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Thanks very much for the feedback, it is appreciated.
                    For the rejected photo, it is a replica and to the best of my knowledge it has no registration so I left the registration empty. Could I have missed something with the guidelines?

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by bobh View Post
                      Thanks very much for the feedback, it is appreciated.
                      For the rejected photo, it is a replica and to the best of my knowledge it has no registration so I left the registration empty. Could I have missed something with the guidelines?
                      Ok, maybe leave a note for the screener next explaining it's a replica so there is no reg/serial.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Thanks for the advice Dana, much appreciated.

                        I've had a few photos rejected from Narita due to horizon unlevel and am a little confused where it went wrong. For the example below I used the vertical side of the building in the background. Was this a bad idea/ did I not quite get it right. As always, any advice gratefully received

                        https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6853072

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by bobh View Post
                          Thanks for the advice Dana, much appreciated.

                          I've had a few photos rejected from Narita due to horizon unlevel and am a little confused where it went wrong. For the example below I used the vertical side of the building in the background. Was this a bad idea/ did I not quite get it right. As always, any advice gratefully received

                          https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6853072
                          Verticals look acceptable to me. Maybe a touch CCW needed, but can't say for certain, so wouldn't have been a rejection for me.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                            Verticals look acceptable to me. Maybe a touch CCW needed, but can't say for certain, so wouldn't have been a rejection for me.
                            Thank you very much, I'll re-edit. What did you use as the vertical? I'm guessing that fences are not the most reliable

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by bobh View Post
                              Thank you very much, I'll re-edit. What did you use as the vertical? I'm guessing that fences are not the most reliable
                              Fence looks fine, but those towers in the background look like they're leaning a touch to the right. Again, not really noticeable enough for me to make it a rejection, so your call.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Never even thought of looking at them, genius! Thank you

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X