X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by bobh View Post
    Thank you. I finally had a thought to go look at some other posts, sorry I didn't think of this before, and this led me to the solution you've written above. And thanks for the very quick reply!
    So, back on track I hope, would it be possible to have some feedback on this photo please.
    Sharpening's borderline, but ok for me.

Leave a comment:

• bobh
    replied
    Thank you. I finally had a thought to go look at some other posts, sorry I didn't think of this before, and this led me to the solution you've written above. And thanks for the very quick reply!
    So, back on track I hope, would it be possible to have some feedback on this photo please.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi, I've got a new computer and am now using different version of Lightroom and Photoshop. I wanted to ask for feedback on the photo below, however I see here that the colours are off, but when I did a trial upload to the queue (not submitted to the queue) it looks fine. I don't think I changed anything in my process or saving, I saved as JPEG rather than JPEG 2000. Any idea what I might have missed?

Edit: I did a trial with selecting/not selecting Embed Color Profile: ProPhoto RGB. This does not affect what is seen when I upload to the forum, but does affect what is saved on my computer. When selected I see what I edited, but when not selected I get colours like that in the photo below. So it seems to be something with what I'm selecting when saving, is there something I should select so that photos uploaded here to the forum look as intended?
    Workspace and embedded color profile for photos should both be sRGB otherwise you will run into problems like this.

Leave a comment:

• bobh
    replied
    Hi, I've got a new computer and am now using different version of Lightroom and Photoshop. I wanted to ask for feedback on the photo below, however I see here that the colours are off, but when I did a trial upload to the queue (not submitted to the queue) it looks fine. I don't think I changed anything in my process or saving, I saved as JPEG rather than JPEG 2000. Any idea what I might have missed?

Edit: I did a trial with selecting/not selecting Embed Color Profile: ProPhoto RGB. This does not affect what is seen when I upload to the forum, but does affect what is saved on my computer. When selected I see what I edited, but when not selected I get colours like that in the photo below. So it seems to be something with what I'm selecting when saving, is there something I should select so that photos uploaded here to the forum look as intended?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi, it's been a while since I've taken photos and am a bit rusty on editing. I'd be grateful if someone could comment on the attached photo please
    Dust spot, and maybe a bit soft in places but otherwise ok for me.

Leave a comment:

• bobh
    replied
    Hi, it's been a while since I've taken photos and am a bit rusty on editing. I'd be grateful if someone could comment on the attached photo please
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    It was rejected for bad info: location. In a previous rejection I had uploaded it as Inflight China and that was rejected for bad info and stated I should use the airport. Which one is correct?
    First screener was correct. I've added it.

This one was rejected as part of the aircraft was cut off. Unfortunately the rest of the aircraft is mostly obscured by a really "well placed" display case. Any thoughts on whether I can salvage this.
    Best I can suggest is check the other accepted images of this aircraft. The most recent ones (with the display) seem to have incorporated the display to include the whole aircraft.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

The registration shown is 03-3119 which is used for a C17. Unfortunately the Hendon website shows it registered as 03-3119 while Scramble shows it as a C17.
    Scramble is usually the go-to source, so with conflicting info like that, I can't say which is correct. Multiple other sites also list a C-17 for that serial, so take that for what it is worth.

Leave a comment:

• bobh
    replied
    Hi, I've had a few rejections recently that I'd appreciate some advice on

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

It was rejected for bad info: location. In a previous rejection I had uploaded it as Inflight China and that was rejected for bad info and stated I should use the airport. Which one is correct?

This one was rejected as part of the aircraft was cut off. Unfortunately the rest of the aircraft is mostly obscured by a really "well placed" display case. Any thoughts on whether I can salvage this.

The registration shown is 03-3119 which is used for a C17. Unfortunately the Hendon website shows it registered as 03-3119 while Scramble shows it as a C17.

Thank you for any advice given

Cheers,

Bob

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi there,
    I had the photo below rejected for backlit and bad info. I am a bit confused about what info I missed or mistakenly included , if you could let me know I'd be grateful. Also, I'm not sure about it being backlit as the front fuselage does have light, although I admit the rear fuselage might be the reason.

Any help is gratefully received
    CN given was incorrect, although I agree, not quite backlit.

Leave a comment:

• bobh
    replied
    Hi there,
    I had the photo below rejected for backlit and bad info. I am a bit confused about what info I missed or mistakenly included , if you could let me know I'd be grateful. Also, I'm not sure about it being backlit as the front fuselage does have light, although I admit the rear fuselage might be the reason.

Any help is gratefully received

Leave a comment:

• pdeboer
    replied
    Hi there,
    Would it be possible to have some feedback on the attached photo. I'm still having "fun" working through contrast rejections. Many thanks
    Contrast problem on this one, the a/c partly blends in with the background and is rather dark on the underside of the fuselage

Leave a comment:

• bobh
    replied
    Hi there,
    Would it be possible to have some feedback on the attached photo. I'm still having "fun" working through contrast rejections. Many thanks

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi there,
    I uploaded some departure shots at Pudong recently and have had an awful time with "Too much or too little contrast."

The following was accepted (thank you very much)
    9M-MTM. Airbus A330-323. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

The following were rejected

Having read some forum posts, am I right in saying that the rejected photos lack contrast? Also, what would be the best way to fix them (if at all possible)?

Also, apologies to dlowwa for not following the site rules. I tried to search for my previous thread, failed and made a booboo.

As always, thank you to all the crew for doing such a great job in helping me to enjoy this hobby

Cheers,
    Bob
    Contrast is too weak on both of them. Sky looks like it was a bit hazy, so not sure how easy that would be to fix.

Leave a comment:

• bobh
    replied
    Hi there,
    I uploaded some departure shots at Pudong recently and have had an awful time with "Too much or too little contrast."

The following was accepted (thank you very much)
    9M-MTM. Airbus A330-323. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

The following were rejected

Having read some forum posts, am I right in saying that the rejected photos lack contrast? Also, what would be the best way to fix them (if at all possible)?

Also, apologies to dlowwa for not following the site rules. I tried to search for my previous thread, failed and made a booboo.

As always, thank you to all the crew for doing such a great job in helping me to enjoy this hobby

Cheers,
    Bob

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi there,
    I got the following rejected for "Bad motive." Would it be helpful if I uploaded again stating that it was the bomb bay?

Many thanks

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7807629
    I think it's pretty obvious what it is, so adding such comments probably wouldn't help much. It was just a subjective decision that such an angle/composition doesn't quite warrant acceptance.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X