Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bobh - Editing advice

Hi there,
    I would like to upload the attached as the JAL 737 in the foreground, but am worried that it might be too small to justify. If that is the case, would it be allowed under something like ramp shot?
    Many thanks,
    BobClick image for larger version

Name:	JA321J_20171126_PVG.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	1045159

Originally posted by bobh View Post
    Hi there,
    I would like to upload the attached as the JAL 737 in the foreground, but am worried that it might be too small to justify. If that is the case, would it be allowed under something like ramp shot?
    Many thanks,
    Bob[ATTACH=CONFIG]11626[/ATTACH]
    Even if it's not the best angle for the 737, I think the picture has a chance.

Alex

Comment

Hi there,
      Does anyone have advice please on how best to frame the following rejection
      JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Unfortunately the JAL 737 above was also rejected for the same reason.
      Any advice gratefully received.
      Cheers,
      Bob

Comment

Hi there,
        Does anyone have advice please on how best to frame the following rejection
        JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Unfortunately the JAL 737 above was also rejected for the same reason.
        Any advice gratefully received.
        Cheers,
        Bob
        Needs to be higher in the frame. There is some empty space above the tail that could be used. It may not be to your personal taste, but JP has a tradition of trying to get the fuselage as close to the center of the frame as possible.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. For these closer crops it is the positioning of the tail that has caused me some problems and hopefully now I'll have a better idea of what's required. Much appreciated

Comment

Sorry..... Placed some comments into the hot photo section by accident and never noticed. Very sorry to the poor screener who had to work through that mistake. Many apologies

Comment

Hi there,
              I've tried a few wing shots recently and the attached one below was rejected for bad motive (if we ignore for now the artefacts rejection). It looks like there's not much that can be done with this one, but does anyone have any advice for future shots?

I also had another one rejected due to part of the aircraft being cut off. This was because there is a plastic screen and frame directly in front of the aircraft protecting it from being touched. Is it worth appealing and explaining this?

Comment

Hi there,
                I've tried a few wing shots recently and the attached one below was rejected for bad motive (if we ignore for now the artefacts rejection). It looks like there's not much that can be done with this one, but does anyone have any advice for future shots?

I also had another one rejected due to part of the aircraft being cut off. This was because there is a plastic screen and frame directly in front of the aircraft protecting it from being touched. Is it worth appealing and explaining this?

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6383472
                Hi Bob,

I was one of the screeners who screened your wing view. Unfortunately it doesn't really show much of the wing, in fact when I opened the image I had to take a few seconds to really make sense of what it was. A good way of thinking about wing views is to try make it clear as soon as you open the image it's a view from a plane window and the best way of doing that is to try shoot down the length of the wing, or at least include more of the wing rather than shooting directly over it.

On the museum shot, I've been to MOSI a few times and while I love the museum it's not the easiest place to get clear shots of the aircraft (although that's not unusual for museums). The only thing I can recommend with that one is a tighter crop to try make it a little less cluttered. If you have enough resolution in your original shot maybe try a crop like this:

I can't guarantee that will be accepted but it's worth trying.
                Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

Hi Paul,
                  Thank you very much for the quick reply. I understand what you mean about the wing shot, it's unfortunate (for photography) that I had an exit row with an extremely small window to shoot through and that was the best I could get. As for the MOSI shot, I'll try the tighter crop.
                  I notice that you're from the Bradford area, I grew up in Yeadon and spent many years at LBA waiting for movements.
                  Again, thanks for the quick reply and advice.

Bob

Comment

Hi there,
                    Could someone please comment on the attached photo please. I've cleaned my sensor recently and think it's ok, but have some doubt about the area in the top left corner. Any comments gratefully received.

Click image for larger version

Name:	B-2005_20180331_PVG.jpg
Size:	599.6 KB
ID:	1023250

Comment

Hi there,
                      Could someone please comment on the attached photo please. I've cleaned my sensor recently and think it's ok, but have some doubt about the area in the top left corner. Any comments gratefully received.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14872[/ATTACH]
                      There does appear to be something there, though can't say if it's a faint dust spot, or just pixelation in the sky. If it's not visible without equalizing, it shouldn't be an issue.

Comment

Could I please get some pre-screening advice on these two shots please. They were taken through glass in the terminal and it's not something I've had much success with before. Thank you for any advice given

Name:	B-16339_20180325_TSA.jpg
Size:	834.4 KB
ID:	1028441

Name:	B-1948_20180325_TSA.jpg
Size:	970.0 KB
ID:	1028442

Comment

Could I please get some pre-screening advice on these two shots please. They were taken through glass in the terminal and it's not something I've had much success with before. Thank you for any advice given

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16314[/ATTACH]
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]16315[/ATTACH]
                          Should be ok, don't see any issues with colour/reflections.

Comment

Thanks very much, I've put them into the queue.

I have some question regarding these two rejections please

1) Is it perhaps a little too high in the frame?

2) Any advice on a better crop that might make this one acceptable?

I like the shots with these closer crops, but appear to not be so good at it myself!

As always, super job you are all doing and many thanks

Bob

Comment

Thanks very much, I've put them into the queue.

I have some question regarding these two rejections please

1) Is it perhaps a little too high in the frame?

2) Any advice on a better crop that might make this one acceptable?

I like the shots with these closer crops, but appear to not be so good at it myself!

As always, super job you are all doing and many thanks

Bob
                              1. ..yeah not sure on that one. centering looks acceptable, and nothing is cut off. might be worth an appeal.
                              2. this one I do agree with, very awkward crop on the left. don't think you can give it that 3/4 crop from this angle, and 1/2 crops like this rarely work at any angle.

Comment

Working...
                              X