No announcement yet.

Lat1918-Editing Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

With the two photos, I know contrast was an issue but the problem I have is that if I go too light then it ruins the shot and is too light. I am hoping to get some advice on fixing these things. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Lat1918 View Post
      https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6299758

With the two photos, I know contrast was an issue but the problem I have is that if I go too light then it ruins the shot and is too light. I am hoping to get some advice on fixing these things. Thank you
      Very poor light on both; I don't think you can 'fix' them for here. Better to leave them and focus on other images.

Comment

Well, I am asking what to look for exactly when contrast is an issue. I can fix it, just is needing more than what limited answers I have seen in the rules. I just don't want to be going in circles

Comment

Well, I am asking what to look for exactly when contrast is an issue. I can fix it, just is needing more than what limited answers I have seen in the rules. I just don't want to be going in circles
          As I said, the light is simply too poor. The sky is overcast, and no direct light is falling on the aircraft. You can't 'fix' that other than by going out and shooting on a different day with better conditions. In any case, I see you've appealed, so since you're not really going to heed my advice, I'll leave you to it.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0848-N520VL.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	251.0 KB
ID:	1021708

Name:	DSC_0278-N900PC.jpg
Size:	263.0 KB
ID:	1021709
            Prescreen please

Comment

Name:	DSC_0143-N975SW.jpg
Size:	506.6 KB
ID:	1021754

Name:	DSC_0553-ZK-OKQ.jpg
Size:	581.8 KB
ID:	1021755
              Prescreen please
              Attached Files

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12986[/ATTACH]
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]12987[/ATTACH]
                Prescreen please
                I might be wrong but it seems as with your previous post, the light might be an issue here and I think these might have contrast issues as a result.

Comment

Ricky, how on earth do you expect us to help with such a ranting like yours ...
                  So, what you just said is you want me to climb over the devastation and lost houses to get better shots at SBA? I find the answers I have gotten lately very unpleasant. Just tell me I'm stupid and get it over with, don't beat around the bush with this anymore because each time I ask it seems that all I get is shoot on another day, let's see.....can't due to a natural disaster which occurred. How can one simply just say no sun, I clearly see sun on the aircraft. Sorry but the answer given seems to be quite distasteful in my opinion
                  The most important part in photography is location and light. You decided to take photos on an overcast day, that is your choice and there is nothing wrong with it. But the photos will lack light, colours and contrast. If you want better photos, wait for a sunny day with more blue sky. That's what the screener replied to you.
                  My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Name:	DSC_0255-A6-MRS.jpg
Size:	378.6 KB
ID:	1021805

Name:	DSC_0257-A6-MRS.jpg
Size:	350.1 KB
ID:	1021806

Name:	DSC_0593-N786AN.jpg
Size:	368.3 KB
ID:	1021807
                    Hoping to get these prescreened. Thanks

Comment

Sorry for the former post. I apologize for it, just was having a hard time. I would like to please have help in the prescreening of the three photographs above. Thank you

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13097[/ATTACH]
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]13098[/ATTACH]
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]13099[/ATTACH]
                        Hi

I would say:
                        Picture #1 and #2 look ok to me. But you have to chose one because they are too similar.
                        Picture #3 can profit from a little bit more contrast otherwise it should be ok too.

Itīs only my personal opinion, probably the screeners have another opinion.

Have a nice evening!
                        Best Regards from Germany,
                        Julian S.​

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13097[/ATTACH]
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]13098[/ATTACH]
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]13099[/ATTACH]
                          Not a screener but here is what I think:
                          1- Looks low in frame, maybe it's just me, definitely over-exposed on the top part of the fuselage (details lost on the tail)
                          2- over-exposed especially the top part of the fuselage (most detail lost on the tail also)
                          3- I think the crop is a little "tight" especially the right side of the picture (left wing tip) and maybe a slight contrast boost but otherwise looks good

Comment

Originally posted by Julian S. View Post
                            Hi

I would say:
                            Picture #1 and #2 look ok to me. But you have to chose one because they are too similar.
                            Picture #3 can profit from a little bit more contrast otherwise it should be ok too.

Itīs only my personal opinion, probably the screeners have another opinion.

Have a nice evening!
                            Thank you Julian!

Comment

Originally posted by Lat1918
                              Thank you but I already got it answered by someone else and if it were overexposed more details would be lost and it wouldn't show the details at all
                              OK no problem

Comment

Was wondering if this is worth an appeal or get help with where exactly it was too dark or too light. Thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X