Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PMN View Post
    Hello Kelvin!

The watermark would indeed mean a rejection. That aside, we have accepted images with more artistic compositions in the past although I don't really think the composition here works photographically. With the sun and the aircraft both on the left of the frame there's a lot of empty space to the right and no real sense of balance to it, were the aircraft on the right with the sun on the left it would work much better. The tree line showing on the lower edge of the frame seems a little distracting as well.

I'd say this is one for the personal collection I'm afraid but thanks for trying!
    thanks! Well there is smoke on the right side of the plane, but I guess not enough to crop it this way haha, ive got more of them and will try to upload it soon to this thread for another check from your side. Thanks for your time!
    Regards,
    Kelvin Jahae

Comment

Originally posted by MSTspotter View Post
      thanks! Well there is smoke on the right side of the plane, but I guess not enough to crop it this way haha, ive got more of them and will try to upload it soon to this thread for another check from your side. Thanks for your time!
      There's smoke yep but it's quite faint, for such a composition to work you'd ideally want something fairly significant on both sides of the frame to balance it out. Even if the smoke were clearer you'd still have all the 'weight' of the composition on the left side as you have both significant parts of the image (the plane and the sun) on that side.

Using smoke trails can work though! Heres an example of mine where I've put the aircraft to one side but used the smoke trails to balance the composition, I wouldn't upload this to JP due to the processing I've done on it but I'm more talking about the actual composition.

Best Of British by Paul Nichols, on Flickr

You can use this same idea of balance in any kind of image, not just aviation. This is another one of mine, had it just had the Audi in front the composition wouldn't really have worked but in this case using the Mercedes in the background to balance it up makes the shot work much better.

Untitled by Paul Nichols, on Flickr

And the same applies here, the boat on the right is balanced by the iceberg on the left. Without the iceberg the composition would have felt very one-sided and unbalanced:

Untitled by Paul Nichols, on Flickr

Apply this idea of balance to pretty much any kind of image and you won't go far wrong.
      Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

Great shots!! I know what you mean!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9849.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	218.6 KB
ID:	1022719

Here one more, but I dont know if this crop size will be accepted on JP
        Regards,
        Kelvin Jahae

Comment

Great shots!! I know what you mean!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14174[/ATTACH]

Here one more, but I dont know if this crop size will be accepted on JP
          Better I suppose, but still a fair amount of empty space.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
            Better I suppose, but still a fair amount of empty space.
            Thanks! I will work on it
            Regards,
            Kelvin Jahae

Comment

Would this be accepted

Hello JP team!

Is this crop acceptable.?

Thanks in advance!!!

Regards Kelvin

Name:	577A7898.jpg
Size:	653.5 KB
ID:	1027826
              Regards,
              Kelvin Jahae

Comment

Hello JP team!

Is this crop acceptable.?

Thanks in advance!!!

Regards Kelvin

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15554[/ATTACH]
                Hi!

No, for me itīs not acceptable as you cutted trough engine #2.

Have a nice evening
                Best Regards from Germany,
                Julian S.​

Comment

Originally posted by Julian S. View Post
                  Hi!

No, for me itīs not acceptable as you cutted trough engine #2.

Have a nice evening
                  Thanks!! Have a nice evening aswell!!!
                  Regards,
                  Kelvin Jahae

Comment

Pre-screening

Hello

I got these two shots rejected because of too much or too little contrast

Are they acceptable now?

Is it also an idea to create a Too much contrast/ and too little contrast box for you screening? It would be easier for us if the photo as too much or too little contrast in it?

Name:	577A2207.jpg
Size:	262.5 KB
ID:	1030592Click image for larger version

Name:	98-0056.jpg
Size:	509.9 KB
ID:	1030593
                    Attached Files
                    Regards,
                    Kelvin Jahae

Comment

Hello

I got these two shots rejected because of too much or too little contrast

Are they acceptable now?

Is it also an idea to create a Too much contrast/ and too little contrast box for you screening? It would be easier for us if the photo as too much or too little contrast in it?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18942[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18943[/ATTACH]
                      In the future, please continue to use the prescreening thread you already have open. It creates more work for us if we need to clean up all of your posts into one thread.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                        In the future, please continue to use the prescreening thread you already have open. It creates more work for us if we need to clean up all of your posts into one thread.
                        Sorry!! I didnt know about my own thread, I will do!
                        Regards,
                        Kelvin Jahae

Comment

Working...
                        X