DirtyCrow - editing Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DirtyCrow - editing Advice

The Weather was not the best this day, i did my best to get it right but i am still unsure if they are good enough for jp.com.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_5233.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	660.3 KB
ID:	1045165Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_5176.jpg
Size:	685.5 KB
ID:	1045166

Name:	DSC_5224.jpg
Size:	734.2 KB
ID:	1045167Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_5171.jpg
Size:	637.0 KB
ID:	1045168

Originally posted by DirtyCrow View Post
    The Weather was not the best this day, i did my best to get it right but i am still unsure if they are good enough for jp.com.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11802[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11803[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]11804[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11805[/ATTACH]
    These images have the following issues:

1. borderline contrast
    2. contrast
    3. contrast
    4. horizon (needs CW)

Comment

I reworked the one with the A380 in background with more contrast. Is it better now?

Name:	DSC_5233.jpg
Size:	784.8 KB
ID:	1020745

Comment

I reworked the one with the A380 in background with more contrast. Is it better now?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11884[/ATTACH]
        Much better

Comment

Top, thank you.

Comment

Now i need advice what to do.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I understand the "centered" issue, but not the other two. I can see no vignetting, it was just a cloudy day and if i look at the yellow lines for "Horizon" one of the lines is directly on one of the red-white posts. Ok, maybe it is rotated for 0,05 degrees, but isnt thad a bit hard judged?

Comment

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I understand the "centered" issue, but not the other two. I can see no vignetting, it was just a cloudy day and if i look at the yellow lines for "Horizon" one of the lines is directly on one of the red-white posts. Ok, maybe it is rotated for 0,05 degrees, but isnt thad a bit hard judged?
              Hey

If you equalize the picture, you can see strong halos around the wheels and the engines.To avoid that, let the clarity and "tiefen"/"lichter" (i don't know the correct english words for those) at "0" (in Lightroom).
              In my opinion it's leaning slightly to the right. But im not a screener so you can wait for a professional opinion.

Have a great weekend!
              Best Regards from Germany,
              Julian S.​

Comment

The right side is much darker than the rest of the frame, thus the vignetting rejection. The verticals are all leaning right, thus the horizon rejection. It needs far more than 0.05 degrees rotation, I'd say something closer to 1.0 degrees is needed.

Originally posted by Julian S. View Post
                Hey

If you equalize the picture, you can see strong halos around the wheels and the engines.To avoid that, let the clarity and "tiefen"/"lichter" (i don't know the correct english words for those) at "0" (in Lightroom).
                Halos are not an issue with this image. If they had been, it would have been an 'overprocessing' rejection, so please ignore this advice.
                Last edited by dlowwa; 2017-12-09, 19:00.

Comment

Do you think it is a way to fix it getting a exposure gradient in? Or would it be overprocessing?

Comment

Do you think it is a way to fix it getting a exposure gradient in? Or would it be overprocessing?
                    I would first want to figure out what caused it before attempting to fix it. Were you shooting through a fence, or did you have the aperture set very wide?

Comment

No, i shot over the fence at f7.1. It was a very cloudy day, so the light conditions were not the same at every spot.

Comment

No, i shot over the fence at f7.1. It was a very cloudy day, so the light conditions were not the same at every spot.
                        I suppose it might just be how the light is hitting the clouds, but it does look very much like what happens when part of a fence (or lens hood) gets in the frame. Rather than trying to edit it out, I'd look for another frame where the effect is less pronounced.

Comment

I tried a bit here and there, but nothing worked really well, so i use another picture of the same sequence which should be better. Thanks for your help.

Name:	DSC_5150.jpg
Size:	651.8 KB
ID:	1020799

Comment

I tried a bit here and there, but nothing worked really well, so i use another picture of the same sequence which should be better. Thanks for your help.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11946[/ATTACH]
                            I don't see any vignetting, but the contrast is poor, and it will need CW rotation.

Comment

Reworked both, now ready for upload?

Name:	DSC_5150.jpg
Size:	727.3 KB
ID:	1020812

Comment

Working...
                              X