Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LimaFox Spotter - editing advice

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by LimaFox Spotter View Post
    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6573974

    Hello team, I have a question regarding this rejection. I have seen pictures with this kind of cut, and recently two of my pictures have been rejected for that kind of cut, so I don't get it. Wich parameters should I use to this kind of cut.

    Thanks,
    For this kind of crop, I think it also depends the angle from the aircraft (IMHO based on my accepted and rejected photos) to get a balanced photo. In this case cut in the wing sort out some components from the wing and do not get a accepted view.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	JP1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	464.5 KB
ID:	1028212

    Better wait comments from the crew.

    Regards,

    Vinicius

    Comment


    • #32
      Hello LimaFox and hello Vinicius,

      if I can afford, also avoid cutting on the porthole, I had a rejection for that.

      Olivier

      Comment


      • #33
        Lima,
        ¿Cómo vas?

        In general the Parameters I think are: don't cut components. In this case wing components and porthole. The angle is tricky, but an option is to cut just leaving the wheel out. But it will leave it too tight.

        Also, yes, there are framings similar to this one, but the most common I have seen is the AC at for example, a 35-45 angle, leaving the wing full in the frame.

        I keep an album as reference as framing is challenging sometimes.
        https://www.jetphotos.com/album/8049

        I hope this helps.
        cq

        Click image for larger version

Name:	JP1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	187.7 KB
ID:	1028213

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by LimaFox Spotter View Post
          https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6573974

          Hello team, I have a question regarding this rejection. I have seen pictures with this kind of cut, and recently two of my pictures have been rejected for that kind of cut, so I don't get it. Wich parameters should I use to this kind of cut.

          Thanks,
          Hi,

          It´s difficult to say "cut there and it will be acceptable". It´s mostly depends on how balanced is the picture. In your case, there is too much aircraft visible for a 90° close up. Better is to cut behind the titles or between the letters, like in this examples:
          Behind titles:
          https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8912425
          https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8374843
          https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8385032
          https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8385034
          Between letters:
          https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8753474

          It´s also possible to cut behind a door...:
          https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8297242
          https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8449778
          ...or behind the engine:
          https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8294985

          There are much more examples, but as said above: The Important thing is, that the picture is balanced.

          For your picture i would say a cut between titles and engine.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	88600_1526354270.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	258.4 KB
ID:	1028228

          Hope this helps a bit.
          Have a nice day.
          Best Regards from Germany,
          Julian S.​

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by vcruvinel View Post
            For this kind of crop, I think it also depends the angle from the aircraft (IMHO based on my accepted and rejected photos) to get a balanced photo. In this case cut in the wing sort out some components from the wing and do not get a accepted view.

            [ATTACH=CONFIG]16049[/ATTACH]

            Better wait comments from the crew.

            Regards,

            Vinicius
            Thanks Vinicius!

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by crisquijano View Post
              Lima,
              ¿Cómo vas?

              In general the Parameters I think are: don't cut components. In this case wing components and porthole. The angle is tricky, but an option is to cut just leaving the wheel out. But it will leave it too tight.

              Also, yes, there are framings similar to this one, but the most common I have seen is the AC at for example, a 35-45 angle, leaving the wing full in the frame.

              I keep an album as reference as framing is challenging sometimes.
              https://www.jetphotos.com/album/8049

              I hope this helps.
              cq

              [ATTACH=CONFIG]16050[/ATTACH]
              Gracias Cristian! Voy a chequear el álbum! Pura vida!

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Julian S. View Post
                Hi,

                It´s difficult to say "cut there and it will be acceptable". It´s mostly depends on how balanced is the picture. In your case, there is too much aircraft visible for a 90° close up. Better is to cut behind the titles or between the letters, like in this examples:
                Behind titles:
                https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8912425
                https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8374843
                https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8385032
                https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8385034
                Between letters:
                https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8753474

                It´s also possible to cut behind a door...:
                https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8297242
                https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8449778
                ...or behind the engine:
                https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8294985

                There are much more examples, but as said above: The Important thing is, that the picture is balanced.

                For your picture i would say a cut between titles and engine.
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]16067[/ATTACH]

                Hope this helps a bit.
                Have a nice day.
                Thanks a lot! Great info!

                Comment


                • #38
                  https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6577965
                  Hi team, I got this photo with"too much or too little contrast", I think it is too much. But I want to confirm that. Can you help me please. Thanks

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Hello Lima,

                    I'm not screener but I think he lacks contrast.
                    It's normal, there is no sun and the background is cloudy. It may be difficult to recover.

                    See you soon

                    Olivier

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by LimaFox Spotter View Post
                      https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6577965
                      Hi team, I got this photo with"too much or too little contrast", I think it is too much. But I want to confirm that. Can you help me please. Thanks
                      Too little contrast, but given the poor light, this is probably not fixable.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by olandes269 View Post
                        Hello Lima,

                        I'm not screener but I think he lacks contrast.
                        It's normal, there is no sun and the background is cloudy. It may be difficult to recover.

                        See you soon

                        Olivier
                        Thanks! Greetings

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                          Too little contrast, but given the poor light, this is probably not fixable.
                          That's a shame! But thanks!

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Hello team, I made a mistake while uploading this picture with the location. The correct location is MROC Juan Santamaría international airport. I tried to fix it but it hasn't changed. Any help?
                            Thanks



                            https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8967184

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by LimaFox Spotter View Post
                              Hello team, I made a mistake while uploading this picture with the location. The correct location is MROC Juan Santamaría international airport. I tried to fix it but it hasn't changed. Any help?
                              Thanks



                              https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8967184
                              Patience is the key. All corrections must be reviewed manually. Your correction has not has its turn yet.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                                Patience is the key. All corrections must be reviewed manually. Your correction has not has its turn yet.
                                Oh, i didnt knew that. Sorry. Thank you very much.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X