pilotgolfer - Editing Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pilotgolfer - Editing Advice

I was wondering if a shot like this would work including the tower in the background. If not, I'll just keep this one in my personal collection.

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Hi Ryan,
    Composition works for me. Watch out for noise on darker areas.

Regards
    Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
      Hi Ryan,
      Composition works for me. Watch out for noise on darker areas.

Regards
      Alex
      Sounds good, thank you! It was right after a storm had passed, so the background was darker to the east. I'll give it another go.

Comment

Haven't uploaded in a while. With getting engaged in December and married a couple weeks ago, it's been crazy.
        Anyways, would these two work?
        The sun had just gone behind the clouds in the Qatar 777 and I like the reflections.
        For the wing view, I'm not sure if I'm seeing banding in the sky or not and would like another opinion.
        Thanks!
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by pilotgolfer View Post
          Haven't uploaded in a while. With getting engaged in December and married a couple weeks ago, it's been crazy.
          Anyways, would these two work?
          The sun had just gone behind the clouds in the Qatar 777 and I like the reflections.
          For the wing view, I'm not sure if I'm seeing banding in the sky or not and would like another opinion.
          Thanks!
          1. cut off, dark, obstruction
          2. borderline contrast, yes some compression visible in the sky

Comment

I was fortunate to catch these two in the same frame yesterday at DFW. Does the composition work? Also, any other tips for this one?
            Thanks!
            Attached Files

Comment

I was fortunate to catch these two in the same frame yesterday at DFW. Does the composition work? Also, any other tips for this one?
              Thanks!
              Composition borderline (380 quite heat hazed and backlit); light is a bit harsh, and white balance a bit warm as well.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                Composition borderline (380 quite heat hazed and backlit); light is a bit harsh, and white balance a bit warm as well.
                Thank you. I do have more shots from the 787 takeoff roll and will probably go with one of those. DFW around noon doesn't really help the situation, either!

Comment

Starting to sort through all my pictures and getting back into the upload game. Caught this one last spring. Afraid I was on the dark side for it. Always good to catch a sharp 737 classic, though.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Starting to sort through all my pictures and getting back into the upload game. Caught this one last spring. Afraid I was on the dark side for it. Always good to catch a sharp 737 classic, though.
                    Indeed this would not be accepted for being too dark/nearly backlit and poorly cropped.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Indeed this would not be accepted for being too dark/nearly backlit and poorly cropped.
                      Alright, thank you. Didn't quite get into the best spot for it, so I'll keep it in the personals.

Comment

I got this one rejected for dark/underexposed.

I reworked it and would this be better?
                        Thanks!
                        Attached Files

Comment

I got this one rejected for dark/underexposed.
                          I reworked it and would this be better?
                          Looks a bit better, for me anyway.

Comment

Working...
                          X