Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK thanks, Erwin.

Comment

Hi, I hope this is the correct forum for this topic.

I’m looking for clarification on how photos of preserved planes with fake registrations should be uploaded. Specifically, which registration should be used? There are some subtle differences that make me wonder if there’s a single rule that can be applied?

Case 1 - plane is displayed with an entirely fictitious registration that it never carried in service.

Case 2 - planes is displayed with a previous registration (not its last identity). This is most often seen with an ex-military plane which last carried a civil registration, but is displayed in military markings with it’s original (or one of several) military registrations.

Thanks for any clarification.

Comment

We try to display the last known original reg. So in case 1 that would do.

For case 2 the original mil serial is ok if displayed as such.
        “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Originally posted by ErwinS View Post
          We try to display the last known original reg. So in case 1 that would do.

For case 2 the original mil serial is ok if displayed as such.
          Thanks for the help, Erwin.

Comment

Aircraft with fake registrations I have always put in the last known registration and then explained in the comments why it has the fake registration applied. You will find that some screeners are not aware and will reject for bad info - reg.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenden S View Post
              Aircraft with fake registrations I have always put in the last known registration and then explained in the comments why it has the fake registration applied. You will find that some screeners are not aware and will reject for bad info - reg.
              Thanks!

Comment

Hi,

I had this image rejected for level while I was on holiday. Because of very unreliable internet, I was unable to appeal the rejection in time. But I would like opinions as to whether the image is level or not.

Here's the whole edited image:

Zoomed in with some rulers:
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Photoshop_8naeWd9NvC.png
Views:	145
Size:	247.7 KB
ID:	1145941

Appreciate any thoughts. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by scbriml View Post
                  Hi,

I had this image rejected for level while I was on holiday. Because of very unreliable internet, I was unable to appeal the rejection in time. But I would like opinions as to whether the image is level or not.

Here's the whole edited image:
                  Hi, please read here when you get the chance (especially #4)

It's been a few years, so I've moved your thread(s) for you, but in the future please post any new requests for advice here

The verticals in the image indicate the CW rotation is indeed needed. Hope that helps.

Comment

Hello,

Can a screener please confirm if the following crop is acceptable (photo is unedited, just cropped)? The plane is technically high in the frame, but I believe the overall composition works. Many thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SB1_9339.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	392.3 KB
ID:	1148971

Comment

Originally posted by scbriml View Post
                      Hello,

Can a screener please confirm if the following crop is acceptable (photo is unedited, just cropped)? The plane is technically high in the frame, but I believe the overall composition works. Many thanks.
                      A bit high, but you might get away with it.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

A bit high, but you might get away with it.
                        Well, I might try uploading it then.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                        X