Flying.Fonz - Editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi,

Could I have your thoughts on this one please. The light conditions and cloud shadows throughout were pretty bad so little prospect of getting anything out of it but worth having feedback for the future.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BOAC-744-Red-Arrows-web.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	364.6 KB
ID:	1041006

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by Flying.Fonz View Post
      Hi,

Could I have your thoughts on this one please. The light conditions and cloud shadows throughout were pretty bad so little prospect of getting anything out of it but worth having feedback for the future.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26534[/ATTACH]

Cheers
      Must have been a great sight, unfortunately the light seems on the wrong side of the a/c and it is also somewhat soft.

Comment

• Actually it was on the correct side but with all the clouds, most of it got blocked out. One of those days where without a ticket and lousy weather it was always going to be a challenge. Great day out and pretty cool, especially knowing how much went into preparing for it.

Comment

• Wasn't the light better on the 1st past (from light to left ) ?
          Last edited by Alex - Spot-This !; 2019-07-20, 21:03.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
            Wasn't the light better on the 1st past (from light to left ) ?
            It would have been had I had tickets to get in. Since I spent time with the planners we worked out where the tear drop turn would be, checking the wind direction and sun position for the expected time plus additional plans in case of delays.

For the 30 secs leading up to it (too far), they were lit. And seconds later the same but were obstructed.

Still, learned a lot from it.

Comment

• Quick question if I may.

I uploaded a photo as a new reg using the guidance from a previous post that mentioned there is normally a grace period (not the 48hrs from the guidelines) though I can't remember the details. I wanted to check what the ruling is as I uploaded this one but it was rejected.

Name:	BA-A351-PR-sunset-3.jpg
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	1041326

As there were no other comments, I assumed there were no other issues with the photo aside from the hot rejection. If that's not the case could I get your views on it please.

Cheers
              Last edited by Flying.Fonz; 2019-07-30, 18:46. Reason: text correction

Comment

Quick question if I may.

I uploaded a photo as a new reg using the guidance from a previous post that mentioned there is normally a grace period (not the 48hrs from the guidelines) though I can't remember the details. I wanted to check what the ruling is as I uploaded this one but it was rejected.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26909[/ATTACH]

As there were no other comments, I assumed there were no other issues with the photo aside from the hot rejection. If that's not the case could I get your views on it please.

Cheers
                Hi Invalid Hot - doesnt' look too bad.
                Nice image - Regards T
                Last edited by 777MAN; 2019-07-30, 20:33.

Comment

• Cheers Tony.

Comment

• Hi,

First foray into full sunset and night photography so I'm after your guidance.

Name:	AC-A333-sunset-takeoff-web.jpg
Size:	651.0 KB
ID:	1041551

Cheers

Comment

Hi,

First foray into full sunset and night photography so I'm after your guidance.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27176[/ATTACH]

Cheers
                      Soft, and maybe a touch dark, but otherwise should work. Gotta love the DR a high-end full-frame can provide

Comment

• True, but gotta know how to use it .

Thanks. Looking at it, it's too grainy to sharpen it without it looking weird.

Cheers

Comment

• Hi,

More sunset work from last week. How's this one?

Name:	West-738-sunset-web.jpg
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	1041698

Aircraft is purposely slightly below centre to keep the sunset.

Cheers

Comment

Hi,

More sunset work from last week. How's this one?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27348[/ATTACH]

Aircraft is purposely slightly below centre to keep the sunset.

Cheers
                            Aircraft might be too dark for some, but that's a subjective thing, and would be ok for me.

Comment

• Thanks. I guess that's the beauty of photography.

I have this one too. Any thoughts?

Name:	Corsair-A332-sunset-taxi-web.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	1041762

Separately, I have this one but couldn't find a category for it but saw that others have posted similar ones. Is it acceptable and which category should be used?

Name:	1st A350.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	858.3 KB
ID:	1041763

Cheers

Comment

I have this one too. Any thoughts?
                                Color looks off (purple cast), and maybe slight halo around the tail.

Originally posted by Flying.Fonz View Post
                                Separately, I have this one but couldn't find a category for it but saw that others have posted similar ones. Is it acceptable and which category should be used?
                                No special category needed, but the closer winglet is quite out of focus, so I personally don't think the composition works, and given you would need to use the info for the closer (OOF) winglet, don't think many others will either.

Comment

Working...
                                X