Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flying.Fonz - Editing advice

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Flying.Fonz View Post
    Hi,

    I'm working on this image taken whilst it was raining. The rain is not obvious unless looked into detail giving some halos. I've seen other uploaded images with plenty of halos but I wanted to see whether these were acceptable.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	JP BA 772 G-ZZZA LHR hangars stored night 19-03-20.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	1108352

    Thanks
    There are some halos around the tail and especially wing root, but I don't think they should be too big of an issue.

    Comment


    • Thanks

      Comment


      • Hi,

        Could I have your thoughts on these two please.

        Click image for larger version  Name:	JP COPA 737 HP-1844CMP SJO 07 sunset takeoff 24-02-20.jpg Views:	0 Size:	475.9 KB ID:	1108642

        Click image for larger version

Name:	JP FX 752F N971FD SJO land 25 sunset 24-02-20.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	319.7 KB
ID:	1108650


        Thanks

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Flying.Fonz View Post
          Hi,

          Could I have your thoughts on these two please.

          Click image for larger version Name:	JP COPA 737 HP-1844CMP SJO 07 sunset takeoff 24-02-20.jpg Views:	0 Size:	475.9 KB ID:	1108642

          Click image for larger version

Name:	JP FX 752F N971FD SJO land 25 sunset 24-02-20.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	319.7 KB
ID:	1108650


          Thanks
          1. bit noisy, but the lighting works for me
          2. likely a dark/contrast rejection

          Comment


          • Thanks very much. Would this noise reduction be acceptable?

            Click image for larger version  Name:	JP COPA 737 HP-1844CMP SJO 07 sunset takeoff 24-02-20.jpg Views:	0 Size:	379.4 KB ID:	1108734

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Flying.Fonz View Post
              Thanks very much. Would this noise reduction be acceptable?

              Click image for larger version Name:	JP COPA 737 HP-1844CMP SJO 07 sunset takeoff 24-02-20.jpg Views:	0 Size:	379.4 KB ID:	1108734
              I like it. Can't promise it would escape a dark/contrast rejection, but like I said, would be ok for me.

              Comment


              • No worries at all and thanks for your insight.

                Comment


                • Hi,

                  I'm looking for some firther guidance on 'Part of aircraft cutoff' after this rejection.

                  https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8853888

                  Click image for larger version

Name:	JP VS A351 G-VRNB LHR 27L line up 22-01-21.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	1108784

                  Prior to uploading it I reviewed the guidelines, other posts and plenty of uploaded images. I saw this image

                  https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10018455

                  which I really liked so I replicated it.

                  I can understand the subjectiveness of too much/little contrast but I can't see a clear and obvious difference between the images as both demonstrate a motive. I'm interested to know what it is.

                  Thanks

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Flying.Fonz View Post
                    Hi,

                    I'm looking for some firther guidance on 'Part of aircraft cutoff' after this rejection.

                    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8853888

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	JP VS A351 G-VRNB LHR 27L line up 22-01-21.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	1108784

                    Prior to uploading it I reviewed the guidelines, other posts and plenty of uploaded images. I saw this image

                    https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10018455

                    which I really liked so I replicated it.

                    I can understand the subjectiveness of too much/little contrast but I can't see a clear and obvious difference between the images as both demonstrate a motive. I'm interested to know what it is.

                    Thanks
                    Subjective, yes, but at least there was motive for awkward crop on the image you refer to - the special scheme. Your image is too wide to be considered a close up, and if the FI had been a regular aircraft, I would argue it should have been rejected as well.

                    Comment


                    • Thanks

                      Comment


                      • Hi,

                        I had this image rejected for contrast (I think) some time ago and I'm working on it again. I've noticed quit a few contrast rejections on cloudy days recently so wanted to check if this is acceptable.

                        Click image for larger version

Name:	JP BA 772 G-YMMT LHR 09R wet takeoff 05-03-2020.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	534.3 KB
ID:	1108901

                        Thanks

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Flying.Fonz View Post
                          Hi,

                          I had this image rejected for contrast (I think) some time ago and I'm working on it again. I've noticed quit a few contrast rejections on cloudy days recently so wanted to check if this is acceptable.

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	JP BA 772 G-YMMT LHR 09R wet takeoff 05-03-2020.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	534.3 KB
ID:	1108901

                          Thanks
                          Very likely to be rejected for contrast/color/oversharpened.

                          Comment


                          • Thanks

                            Comment


                            • Hi,

                              Could I have a check on this one pease.

                              Click image for larger version

Name:	JP BA A321N G-NEOZ LHR 09L sunset land 18-09-20.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	694.3 KB
ID:	1109409

                              Thanks

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Flying.Fonz View Post
                                Hi,

                                Could I have a check on this one pease.

                                Click image for larger version

Name:	JP BA A321N G-NEOZ LHR 09L sunset land 18-09-20.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	694.3 KB
ID:	1109409

                                Thanks
                                Might be a touch dark/soft for some, but would be ok for me.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X