Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flying.Fonz - Editing advice

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

    About..?
    Comments about the Thomas Cook image.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Flying.Fonz View Post

      Comments about the Thomas Cook image.
      Seeing as how it is already in the queue, I do not.

      Comment


      • No worries. Thanks

        Comment


        • Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

          Possible/probable issues with contrast, processing, and centering.
          Hi,

          I worked on your comments and wanted to see what you think of this one.

          Click image for larger version

Name:	JP UA 789 N29975 LHR 27L sunrise approach 20-02-21.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	833.9 KB
ID:	1113369

          Thanks

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Flying.Fonz View Post
            Thanks. Do you have any other thoughts?
            I do now, seeing as the one you decided to submit to the queue had the offending vegetation cloned out. This is obviously not allowed. I've rejected the image, and placed a warning on your account. Please be aware that any future instance of images submitted with such manipulation will result in a loss of upload slots and/or a ban.

            Comment


            • Ah, sorry. I believed your suggestion would be acceptable hence why I enquired. It might have been useful to raise it here, and then I would have acted upon it immediately. Unfortunately, those of us who mean well and intend to bring value to the site are the ones who take this seriously and are most disappointed when the punishment comes through. Thanks for pointing it out in any case.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Flying.Fonz View Post
                Ah, sorry. I believed your suggestion would be acceptable hence why I enquired.
                To which suggestion are you referring? Nowhere did I suggest you should manipulate the image in such a manner.

                Originally posted by Flying.Fonz View Post
                It might have been useful to raise it here, and then I would have acted upon it immediately. Unfortunately, those of us who mean well and intend to bring value to the site are the ones who take this seriously and are most disappointed when the punishment comes through.
                So you are implying you weren't aware manipulating images in such a manner is forbidden? To be clear, it's literally the very first item of the upload guidelines:

                https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...S-New-version=

                1.1.1 Upload only unaltered images

                Cloning anything in or out of a photo will mean that the photo will be rejected and you are running the risk of your upload privileges being withdrawn or limited for some time. Manipulating a photo is something we will never tolerate. We reserve ourselves the right to remove manipulated photos from the database. All that we allow to be cloned out are artefacts in the picture that look like sensor dust spots.

                Any manipulation of a photo will not be tolerated and might result in a ban if repeated.

                Comment


                • I am aware, but I thought the way you explained suggested that the minor change might be acceptable. My apologies if I misunderstood. I genuinely believed that was the case and is, therefore, an error on my part. A far cry from someone intending to abuse the system by deliberately doing this, which is the reason for the strong and punitive guidance.

                  With due respect, I joined for the pleasure of the hobby to bring value, support the site, and improve my skills while upholding the guidelines.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Flying.Fonz View Post
                    I am aware, but I thought the way you explained suggested that the minor change might be acceptable. My apologies if I misunderstood. I genuinely believed that was the case and is, therefore, an error on my part. A far cry from someone intending to abuse the system by deliberately doing this, which is the reason for the strong and punitive guidance.

                    With due respect, I joined for the pleasure of the hobby to bring value, support the site, and improve my skills while upholding the guidelines.
                    Not to belabour the point, but you say you were aware of the guidelines, but when caught breaking perhaps the most important of those guidelines you then feel disappointed? If you meant disappointed in yourself, fair enough, but I see no justification in feeling disappointed with the site or screening process, since you have been treated in the same manner as anyone else breaking the rules in this way: simply a polite warning that should something similar happen again, further consequences would result.

                    Comment


                    • I was disappointed in myself for following up on a comment and then not following up on the query I made and then not following up with you on your subsequent comment that it was already uploaded.

                      I'm not after breaking the rules or making exceptions, you know that's not the way I work. What made me raise my eyebrows was that if you saw it, took the time to comment that it was uploaded but didn't mention anything about the error.

                      Regardless of the current situation and mentioned many times, I value your regular guidance, especially when I’m wrong.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Flying.Fonz View Post
                        I was disappointed in myself for following up on a comment and then not following up on the query I made and then not following up with you on your subsequent comment that it was already uploaded.

                        I'm not after breaking the rules or making exceptions, you know that's not the way I work. What made me raise my eyebrows was that if you saw it, took the time to comment that it was uploaded but didn't mention anything about the error.

                        Regardless of the current situation and mentioned many times, I value your regular guidance, especially when I’m wrong.
                        To be honest, the first time I checked, I did so only to see if it was in the queue as I usually do with most prescreening requests (I only see a thumbnail at that point). I noticed it was still in there when checking to see if the UA silhouette shot was also queued, and wondered why as I had mentioned it would likely be rejected - so took a closer look (i.e. actually opened the full size image). This is when I finally noticed what you had done.

                        Admitting a mistake was made (and then not repeating it) is all we can really ask, so I'm happy to leave it at that.

                        Originally posted by Flying.Fonz View Post
                        I worked on your comments and wanted to see what you think of this one.

                        Click image for larger version

Name:	JP UA 789 N29975 LHR 27L sunrise approach 20-02-21.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	833.9 KB
ID:	1113369
                        A bit noisy, and some light haloing going on. Other than that, ok for me.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

                          To be honest, the first time I checked, I did so only to see if it was in the queue as I usually do with most prescreening requests (I only see a thumbnail at that point). I noticed it was still in there when checking to see if the UA silhouette shot was also queued, and wondered why as I had mentioned it would likely be rejected - so took a closer look (i.e. actually opened the full size image). This is when I finally noticed what you had done.

                          Admitting a mistake was made (and then not repeating it) is all we can really ask, so I'm happy to leave it at that.



                          A bit noisy, and some light haloing going on. Other than that, ok for me.
                          We'll leave it at that then.

                          Thanks. In general, how would you distinguish between light haloing and natural cloud effects? The majority of the time, it is obvious but in this instance, I had a look at the original image and there are unfortunately natural brighter sky areas around parts of the aircraft.

                          Cheers

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Flying.Fonz View Post

                            We'll leave it at that then.

                            Thanks. In general, how would you distinguish between light haloing and natural cloud effects? The majority of the time, it is obvious but in this instance, I had a look at the original image and there are unfortunately natural brighter sky areas around parts of the aircraft.

                            Cheers
                            Generally if it follows the the outline/shape of the aircraft itself its either a result of editing, or an extremely rare/unlucky cloud formation. If the latter, using a different frame taken only a few seconds earlier/later should solve the issue.

                            Comment


                            • Cool, thanks.

                              Comment


                              • Hi,

                                This was rejected for 'Bad Info' but I can't see what the info is so I don't know what was wrong. Do you know what the issue was?

                                https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=9025801

                                Thanks

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X