Flying.Fonz - Editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Flying.Fonz View Post

Thanks and I have no issues with the main reason for the rejection. It is clear and in fact, it would be great to hear which better crop to use.

My question was around incorrect boxes ticked and being able to see what it was once it was rejected. In this instance, I asked for help here because I'm still unsure what I should have ticked.

Its not about being worked up, its about trying to do it properly in the first place and the photographer helping where he/she can.
    This is an improvement that has already be requested, but as I said, for now, just do your best when uploading, and if there are no other issues with the image, it will be fixed for you. Otherwise, if you are unsure please ask here rather than appealing.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

This is an improvement that has already be requested, but as I said, for now, just do your best when uploading, and if there are no other issues with the image, it will be fixed for you. Otherwise, if you are unsure please ask here rather than appealing.
      That's great news and thanks for the info. As always, its greatly appreciated that you take the time to look into things and share the info.

Regarding the crop, what would you suggest?

Comment

That's great news and thanks for the info. As always, its greatly appreciated that you take the time to look into things and share the info.

Regarding the crop, what would you suggest?
        Personally, I'm not a fan of cutting any of the wing unless you're going to crop really tight to the body, but I've seen worse crops than this. Objectively, there is no cut here/don't cut here line exactly, but it was rejected by two screeners who both agreed, so I guess your best bet would to just include the whole wing.

Comment

• Thanks. That's very useful.

Cheers

Comment

• Hi,

Could I have your thoughts on these two please.

Click image for larger version

Name:	JP BA 744 G-CIVD LHR 27L sunset land 30-12-19.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	985.1 KB
ID:	1088903Click image for larger version

Name:	JP BA A388 G-XLEB LHR night hangars 01-11-19.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	1088904

Cheers

Comment

Hi,

Could I have your thoughts on these two please.

Name:	JP BA 744 G-CIVD LHR 27L sunset land 30-12-19.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	985.1 KB
ID:	1088903Click image for larger version

Name:	JP BA A388 G-XLEB LHR night hangars 01-11-19.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	1088904

Cheers
              1. soft, dirty
              2. obstructed

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

1. soft, dirty
                2. obstructed
                Thanks

Comment

• A quick question. As I was posting this photo as a Hot Photo I noticed the same one was taken at the same time and accepted. Mine was rejected and my assumption was that the other Hot Photo was posted before mine. Is this correct or is there any other info that I'm missing? I'm looking to understand more about the subtleties of Hot Photos.

Name:	JP Privilege Style 752 EC-ISY LHR 27L takeoff 08-06-20.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	738.0 KB
ID:	1091911

Cheers
                  Attached Files

Comment

A quick question. As I was posting this photo as a Hot Photo I noticed the same one was taken at the same time and accepted. Mine was rejected and my assumption was that the other Hot Photo was posted before mine. Is this correct or is there any other info that I'm missing? I'm looking to understand more about the subtleties of Hot Photos.

Cheers
                    Hi,

the other picture you are talking about was already accepted yesterday (8 June). As there are only some new stickers applied on the aircraft, we only consider the first shot hot.
                    This can also be found in the guidelines:

Hot photos for which the 48 hour guideline does not apply

In order to improve the cooperation with FlightRadar24 and have the most up to date photo available for the FlightRadar24 site the following will be accepted as hot for the first photo accepted only

3. Any change to the colour scheme (for example: removal of a special scheme, new stickers) or to the aircraft itself (Winglets, Sharklets) - Note that this is only valid for active aircraft
                    Hope this helps,
                    Jesse
                    Last edited by JesseV; 2020-06-09, 12:18.
                    https://www.jetphotos.com/photographer/87479

Comment

• Aha, perfect and thanks very much for the reference too.

Cheers

Comment

• Hi, is this slight off-centre photo acceptable? If centred, there will be too much dead space. Also, is the heat haze acceptable?

Name:	JP AC 773 C-FITU LHR 09L takeoff 01-06-20.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	1092267

Cheers

Comment

Hi, is this slight off-centre photo acceptable? If centred, there will be too much dead space. Also, is the heat haze acceptable?

Name:	JP AC 773 C-FITU LHR 09L takeoff 01-06-20.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	1092267

Cheers
                          Framing is acceptable, the heat distortion a bit too strong for my liking.
                          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post

Framing is acceptable, the heat distortion a bit too strong for my liking.
                            Thanks

Comment

• Hi,

Im working thorugh this rejection.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

and looking for advice on both reasons. Reviewing the detail of the photo, my assumption is that the first one is caused by the second one. Is this correct? and if not, what is the advice.

Secondly, the photo is equivalent to the real event so looking to understand what the issue is with 'Bad Colour'.

Many thanks

Comment

Hi,

Im working thorugh this rejection.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

and looking for advice on both reasons. Reviewing the detail of the photo, my assumption is that the first one is caused by the second one. Is this correct? and if not, what is the advice.

Secondly, the photo is equivalent to the real event so looking to understand what the issue is with 'Bad Colour'.

Many thanks
                                Color would be ok for me, though the contrast is a bit washed out and too much vignetting correction has been applied.

Comment

Working...
                                X