• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by Flying.Fonz View Post
    Hi,

I have a number of scanned photos and after reading the guidelines I wanted to check if they meet the necessary standard. This is one of them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	JP Cougar 722 Adv G-OPMN MAN 08-2020.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	405.5 KB
ID:	1103505

Thanks
    Would depend on the age/rarity. Without that information, I couldn't really give you a good estimate of your chances.

Leave a comment:

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    Hi,

I have a number of scanned photos and after reading the guidelines I wanted to check if they meet the necessary standard. This is one of them.

Name:	JP Cougar 722 Adv G-OPMN MAN 08-2020.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	405.5 KB
ID:	1103505

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    Many thanks.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi,

I had this rejection for Horizon.

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8591463

I spent time working on getting it level as it depends on which vertical line is used. I can see it could be slightly out in both directions depending on which line you use so any pointers would be appreciated.

Cheers
    Trick of the eye I think. Looks like it's leaning left, but I think verticals are ok. I'd give you 50/50 chance on appeal, though it's obviously ok for me.

Leave a comment:

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    Hi,

I had this rejection for Horizon.

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8591463

I spent time working on getting it level as it depends on which vertical line is used. I can see it could be slightly out in both directions depending on which line you use so any pointers would be appreciated.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    Thanks very much.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi,

Could I have your thoughts on this please.

Name:	JP BA A32N G-TTNI LHR taxi 772 G-YMMS parked 11-10-20.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	1101469

I've tried to upload simlar photos to this one where I placed the middle of both aircraft in the centre of the image but were rejected for 'Aircraft not centred'. With that in mind I tried various versions of this one, including centreing the A320 but the image looks odd and top heavy. I settled on placing the centre of the image in between both aircraft. Just wondering what suggestion you would make.

Thanks
    Background aircraft is prominent (close/in focus) enough that such centering to avoid cropping its tail seems justified. In other words, works for me.

Leave a comment:

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    Hi,

Could I have your thoughts on this please.

Name:	JP BA A32N G-TTNI LHR taxi 772 G-YMMS parked 11-10-20.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	1101469

I've tried to upload simlar photos to this one where I placed the middle of both aircraft in the centre of the image but were rejected for 'Aircraft not centred'. With that in mind I tried various versions of this one, including centreing the A320 but the image looks odd and top heavy. I settled on placing the centre of the image in between both aircraft. Just wondering what suggestion you would make.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...es-new-version

1.3 Image Formats

Photos can be uploaded with an aspect ratio between 4:3 and 3:2, or at an aspect ratio of 16:9.
    Great. I'll use that. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    What cropping ratio should it be as the one I used is based on the same as the one we discussed previously.
    https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...es-new-version

1.3 Image Formats

Photos can be uploaded with an aspect ratio between 4:3 and 3:2, or at an aspect ratio of 16:9.

Leave a comment:

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    What cropping ratio should it be as the one I used is based on the same as the one we discussed previously.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

I was thinking about your suggestion and revisited a previous image. I wanted to see whether this would be appropriate to upload.

Name:	JP Eva 773 B-16706 LHR 09L land sunset 20-09-19.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	456.1 KB
ID:	1101214
    It would be rejected for cropping/ratio, but other than that it looks nice to me.

Leave a comment:

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

If it were me, I'd actually have gone with a portrait orientation rather than landscape to cut out the junk in the foreground:

Name:	image_35066.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	602.8 KB
ID:	1099878
    I was thinking about your suggestion and revisited a previous image. I wanted to see whether this would be appropriate to upload.

Name:	JP Eva 773 B-16706 LHR 09L land sunset 20-09-19.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	456.1 KB
ID:	1101214

Leave a comment:

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi,

Wat 'Categories wrong or missing' apply here as I don't have access to them?

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8528054

Thanks
    Night Shot.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X