1. soft, dirty
    2. obstructed
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by Flying.Fonz View Post
    Hi,

Could I have your thoughts on these two please.

Click image for larger version

Name:	JP BA 744 G-CIVD LHR 27L sunset land 30-12-19.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	985.1 KB
ID:	1088903Click image for larger version

Name:	JP BA A388 G-XLEB LHR night hangars 01-11-19.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	1088904

Cheers
    1. soft, dirty
    2. obstructed

Leave a comment:

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    Hi,

Could I have your thoughts on these two please.

Name:	JP BA 744 G-CIVD LHR 27L sunset land 30-12-19.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	985.1 KB
ID:	1088903Click image for larger version

Name:	JP BA A388 G-XLEB LHR night hangars 01-11-19.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	1088904

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    Thanks. That's very useful.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

That's great news and thanks for the info. As always, its greatly appreciated that you take the time to look into things and share the info.

Regarding the crop, what would you suggest?
    Personally, I'm not a fan of cutting any of the wing unless you're going to crop really tight to the body, but I've seen worse crops than this. Objectively, there is no cut here/don't cut here line exactly, but it was rejected by two screeners who both agreed, so I guess your best bet would to just include the whole wing.

Leave a comment:

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

This is an improvement that has already be requested, but as I said, for now, just do your best when uploading, and if there are no other issues with the image, it will be fixed for you. Otherwise, if you are unsure please ask here rather than appealing.
    That's great news and thanks for the info. As always, its greatly appreciated that you take the time to look into things and share the info.

Regarding the crop, what would you suggest?

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

Thanks and I have no issues with the main reason for the rejection. It is clear and in fact, it would be great to hear which better crop to use.

My question was around incorrect boxes ticked and being able to see what it was once it was rejected. In this instance, I asked for help here because I'm still unsure what I should have ticked.

Its not about being worked up, its about trying to do it properly in the first place and the photographer helping where he/she can.
    This is an improvement that has already be requested, but as I said, for now, just do your best when uploading, and if there are no other issues with the image, it will be fixed for you. Otherwise, if you are unsure please ask here rather than appealing.

Leave a comment:

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Feedback for photographer: an image will never be rejected for category alone, so make your best effort (or leave a message if you are unsure) and we will correct any issues. I personally fix 20-30 images a day for category that would otherwise could have been rejected. Your image was rejected for the poor crop, not category alone. If the missing category (in this case Night Shot) has been the only issue, it would have been added for you. No need to get worked up over not understanding a category rejection; either ask here for help, or just do your best when uploading and we will fix it for you if there no other issues.
    Thanks and I have no issues with the main reason for the rejection. It is clear and in fact, it would be great to hear which better crop to use.

My question was around incorrect boxes ticked and being able to see what it was once it was rejected. In this instance, I asked for help here because I'm still unsure what I should have ticked.

Its not about being worked up, its about trying to do it properly in the first place and the photographer helping where he/she can.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi,

I had this rejection

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8100500

but since there is no way to know what the 'category wrong or missing' is and the screener did not include it in the rejection, I have no idea which tick box was incorrect. Any chance of shedding light on this one please.

Feedback for screener: If you reject for something as trivial as this, provide info on which category is missing since we can't see the categories once the photo is rejected. Otherwise, all you're going to get is another likely rejection and wasted time -not what you need when you're screening 15,000+ photos.

Cheers
    Feedback for photographer: an image will never be rejected for category alone, so make your best effort (or leave a message if you are unsure) and we will correct any issues. I personally fix 20-30 images a day for category that would otherwise could have been rejected. Your image was rejected for the poor crop, not category alone. If the missing category (in this case Night Shot) has been the only issue, it would have been added for you. No need to get worked up over not understanding a category rejection; either ask here for help, or just do your best when uploading and we will fix it for you if there no other issues.

Leave a comment:

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    Hi,

I had this rejection

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8100500

but since there is no way to know what the 'category wrong or missing' is and the screener did not include it in the rejection, I have no idea which tick box was incorrect. Any chance of shedding light on this one please.

Feedback for screener: If you reject for something as trivial as this, provide info on which category is missing since we can't see the categories once the photo is rejected. Otherwise, all you're going to get is another likely rejection and wasted time -not what you need when you're screening 15,000+ photos.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi,

I tried to add a new reg to the DB but twice its gone to the back of the queue. I added a comment in the Hot Photo both times. Seems odd as normally that works, so, wondering if there is something else I need to do.

Thanks
    Any comments in the Hot Photo section should automatically send it to the front of the queue. What is the reg.?

Leave a comment:

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    Hi,

I tried to add a new reg to the DB but twice its gone to the back of the queue. I added a comment in the Hot Photo both times. Seems odd as normally that works, so, wondering if there is something else I need to do.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    Thanks. Just wondered as there are plenty of moon shots or interesting weather with small aircraft silhouettes.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Is something like this acceptable?

Name:	Sunset A380.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	934.0 KB
ID:	1079163
    Not for here.