Clear All

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by Flying.Fonz View Post
    Understandable. Would the chocks be a problem too?
    Shouldn't be an issue.

Leave a comment:

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    Understandable. Would the chocks be a problem too?

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi,

I'm working on this image and wondered if it can be published here (blurred activity and obstructions)?
    Debatable since the obstruction is part of the scene. Would be ok for me, but can't say the same for others.

Leave a comment:

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    Hi,

I'm working on this image and wondered if it can be published here (blurred activity and obstructions)?

Click image for larger version

Name:	AF Sample image.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	1125321

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    Originally posted by Lehondre Photos View Post

Change 'viewqueued' to 'viewreject' in the link
    Aha, excellent.Thanks very much.

Leave a comment:

• Lehondre Photos
    replied
    Hi,

This was rejected for 'Bad Info' but I can't see what the info is so I don't know what was wrong. Do you know what the issue was?

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Thanks

Change 'viewqueued' to 'viewreject' in the link

Leave a comment:

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    Hi,

This was rejected for 'Bad Info' but I can't see what the info is so I don't know what was wrong. Do you know what the issue was?

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    Cool, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

We'll leave it at that then.

Thanks. In general, how would you distinguish between light haloing and natural cloud effects? The majority of the time, it is obvious but in this instance, I had a look at the original image and there are unfortunately natural brighter sky areas around parts of the aircraft.

Cheers
    Generally if it follows the the outline/shape of the aircraft itself its either a result of editing, or an extremely rare/unlucky cloud formation. If the latter, using a different frame taken only a few seconds earlier/later should solve the issue.

Leave a comment:

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

To be honest, the first time I checked, I did so only to see if it was in the queue as I usually do with most prescreening requests (I only see a thumbnail at that point). I noticed it was still in there when checking to see if the UA silhouette shot was also queued, and wondered why as I had mentioned it would likely be rejected - so took a closer look (i.e. actually opened the full size image). This is when I finally noticed what you had done.

Admitting a mistake was made (and then not repeating it) is all we can really ask, so I'm happy to leave it at that.

A bit noisy, and some light haloing going on. Other than that, ok for me.
    We'll leave it at that then.

Thanks. In general, how would you distinguish between light haloing and natural cloud effects? The majority of the time, it is obvious but in this instance, I had a look at the original image and there are unfortunately natural brighter sky areas around parts of the aircraft.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    I was disappointed in myself for following up on a comment and then not following up on the query I made and then not following up with you on your subsequent comment that it was already uploaded.

I'm not after breaking the rules or making exceptions, you know that's not the way I work. What made me raise my eyebrows was that if you saw it, took the time to comment that it was uploaded but didn't mention anything about the error.

Regardless of the current situation and mentioned many times, I value your regular guidance, especially when I’m wrong.
    To be honest, the first time I checked, I did so only to see if it was in the queue as I usually do with most prescreening requests (I only see a thumbnail at that point). I noticed it was still in there when checking to see if the UA silhouette shot was also queued, and wondered why as I had mentioned it would likely be rejected - so took a closer look (i.e. actually opened the full size image). This is when I finally noticed what you had done.

Admitting a mistake was made (and then not repeating it) is all we can really ask, so I'm happy to leave it at that.

I worked on your comments and wanted to see what you think of this one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	JP UA 789 N29975 LHR 27L sunrise approach 20-02-21.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	833.9 KB
ID:	1113369
    A bit noisy, and some light haloing going on. Other than that, ok for me.

Leave a comment:

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    I was disappointed in myself for following up on a comment and then not following up on the query I made and then not following up with you on your subsequent comment that it was already uploaded.

I'm not after breaking the rules or making exceptions, you know that's not the way I work. What made me raise my eyebrows was that if you saw it, took the time to comment that it was uploaded but didn't mention anything about the error.

Regardless of the current situation and mentioned many times, I value your regular guidance, especially when I’m wrong.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    I am aware, but I thought the way you explained suggested that the minor change might be acceptable. My apologies if I misunderstood. I genuinely believed that was the case and is, therefore, an error on my part. A far cry from someone intending to abuse the system by deliberately doing this, which is the reason for the strong and punitive guidance.

With due respect, I joined for the pleasure of the hobby to bring value, support the site, and improve my skills while upholding the guidelines.
    Not to belabour the point, but you say you were aware of the guidelines, but when caught breaking perhaps the most important of those guidelines you then feel disappointed? If you meant disappointed in yourself, fair enough, but I see no justification in feeling disappointed with the site or screening process, since you have been treated in the same manner as anyone else breaking the rules in this way: simply a polite warning that should something similar happen again, further consequences would result.

Leave a comment:

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    I am aware, but I thought the way you explained suggested that the minor change might be acceptable. My apologies if I misunderstood. I genuinely believed that was the case and is, therefore, an error on my part. A far cry from someone intending to abuse the system by deliberately doing this, which is the reason for the strong and punitive guidance.

With due respect, I joined for the pleasure of the hobby to bring value, support the site, and improve my skills while upholding the guidelines.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X