Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    Thanks for your thoughts. What about these?

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_39390.jpg Views:	3 Size:	308.5 KB ID:	1112745 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_39391.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	326.1 KB
ID:	1112746

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by Flying.Fonz View Post
    Hi,

I've tried something different. Are these improved and worth uploading?

Click image for larger version

Name:	JP SQ Cargo 744F 9V-SFI LHR 27R approach sunset 25-03-21.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	772.1 KB
ID:	1112724Click image for larger version

Name:	JP EK A388 A6-EVH LHR 27R approach underside sunset 25-03-21.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	707.6 KB
ID:	1112725

Thanks
    Don't think I've seen the first before, so can't really say if it's 'improved'.

Both images are soft in spots, and somewhat dark. Both would also benefit at being uploaded at a lower resolution to hide such flaws.

Leave a comment:

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    Hi,

I've tried something different. Are these improved and worth uploading?

Name:	JP SQ Cargo 744F 9V-SFI LHR 27R approach sunset 25-03-21.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	772.1 KB
ID:	1112724Click image for larger version

Name:	JP EK A388 A6-EVH LHR 27R approach underside sunset 25-03-21.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	707.6 KB
ID:	1112725

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    Thought so too. Pity, it's not better quality as it could have been a great one.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi,

In this image, I've tried to recover the sharpness as there are sections that were slightly out of focus or soft. I'd like to see what you think of the image.

Click image for larger version Name:	JP EK A388 A6-EVH LHR 27R approach underside sunset 25-03-21.jpg Views:	0 Size:	545.6 KB ID:	1112661

Thanks
    Borderline for me. Indeed soft toward the edges, but not terribly so. Might have a chance as-is, but not necessarily a great one.

Leave a comment:

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    Hi,

In this image, I've tried to recover the sharpness as there are sections that were slightly out of focus or soft. I'd like to see what you think of the image.

Click image for larger version  Name:	JP EK A388 A6-EVH LHR 27R approach underside sunset 25-03-21.jpg Views:	0 Size:	545.6 KB ID:	1112661

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    That's interesting, I didn't use much NR, but there was a lot of rain in the background, which I think in combination might account for its softness. Thanks guys, and especially Pam, for that pointer

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Thanks guys. I’ll check your suggestions. I wondered if it was the rain that caused the smeared out and softness. I also wanted to check if it is acceptable to submit images whilst it is raining -so long as it doesn’t detract from the subject.
    Rain is a non-factor in this image, imho. I think Pam was referring to the background, which is indeed lacking any fine detail, often the after effect of too much NR.

Leave a comment:

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    Thanks guys. I’ll check your suggestions. I wondered if it was the rain that caused the smeared out and softness. I also wanted to check if it is acceptable to submit images whilst it is raining -so long as it doesn’t detract from the subject.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi,

I worked on this image which I took whilst it was raining. I wanted to check if it is acceptable.

Name:	JP Turkish A321N TC-LSA DUS pushback 17-08-20.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	1112176

Thanks
    Exposure is fine, but horizon is off, and borderline contrast.

Leave a comment:

• pdeboer
    replied
    Hi,

I worked on this image which I took whilst it was raining. I wanted to check if it is acceptable.

Thanks
    Looks somewhat dark and soft. Did you use noise reduction? It looks soft and somewhat smeared out, could be an effect of too much noise reduction.

Leave a comment:

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    Hi,

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    As always, thanks for your comments.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Thanks very much. That is perfect and just what I needed. The sky had a wild look to it with some serious dark and bright areas all over.

I'll see if there are any tweaks I can make. Would you suggest entering a comment for the screener?
    Wouldn't hurt, but comments from photographer are just one factor and might not be the deciding one.

Leave a comment:

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    Thanks very much. That is perfect and just what I needed. The sky had a wild look to it with some serious dark and bright areas all over.

I'll see if there are any tweaks I can make. Would you suggest entering a comment for the screener?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X