• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by Flying.Fonz View Post
    Hi,

Your thoughts on this rejection please.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

The intent was to show a pre entry into service of a brand new aircraft, in a similar way as this other one of mine as well as other equivalent ones online.

Retro BOAC on a hangar input [1920 px]. G-BYGC. Boeing 747-436. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I submitted an appeal but I didn’t hear back.

I’d like to understand why one is a rejection but the other one isn’t as they have the same obstruction.

Thanks
    If you've already appealed, I won't comment.

Leave a comment:

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    Hi,

Your thoughts on this rejection please.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

The intent was to show a pre entry into service of a brand new aircraft, in a similar way as this other one of mine as well as other equivalent ones online.

Retro BOAC on a hangar input [1920 px]. G-BYGC. Boeing 747-436. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I submitted an appeal but I didn’t hear back.

I’d like to understand why one is a rejection but the other one isn’t as they have the same obstruction.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    Ah, I wondered about that but hadn’t made the connection. Makes sense and I’ll work on it.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    I can’t appeal it as the centreing remains an issue. But when I resubmit the corrected version, do I simply make a statement that it is not backlit in order to avoid that readong bring incorrectly applied again?

Thanks
    You could leave a comment sure, but I think the screener who rejected it for backlit probably had an issue with the contrast, but mistook it for being backlit. As such, I couldn't guarantee the outcome.

Leave a comment:

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    I can’t appeal it as the centreing remains an issue. But when I resubmit the corrected version, do I simply make a statement that it is not backlit in order to avoid that readong bring incorrectly applied again?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi,

some advice please on this rejection.

Regarding the centreing, I suspect the it is meant vertically as it is laterally centred.

Im not sure how the photo is backlit but happy to hear why it is. The sun at that time of the day can only be and is high on the left and shining on the fuselage and the clouds. The shadows show that too.

Thanks
    Can't say that it's backlit, but it is too high in the frame.

Leave a comment:

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    Hi,

some advice please on this rejection.

Regarding the centreing, I suspect the it is meant vertically as it is laterally centred.

Im not sure how the photo is backlit but happy to hear why it is. The sun at that time of the day can only be and is high on the left and shining on the fuselage and the clouds. The shadows show that too.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi,

Im working thorugh this rejection.

and looking for advice on both reasons. Reviewing the detail of the photo, my assumption is that the first one is caused by the second one. Is this correct? and if not, what is the advice.

Secondly, the photo is equivalent to the real event so looking to understand what the issue is with 'Bad Colour'.

Many thanks
    Color would be ok for me, though the contrast is a bit washed out and too much vignetting correction has been applied.

Leave a comment:

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    Hi,

Im working thorugh this rejection.

and looking for advice on both reasons. Reviewing the detail of the photo, my assumption is that the first one is caused by the second one. Is this correct? and if not, what is the advice.

Secondly, the photo is equivalent to the real event so looking to understand what the issue is with 'Bad Colour'.

Many thanks

Leave a comment:

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post

Framing is acceptable, the heat distortion a bit too strong for my liking.
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• LX-A343
    replied
    Hi, is this slight off-centre photo acceptable? If centred, there will be too much dead space. Also, is the heat haze acceptable?

Click image for larger version

Name:	JP AC 773 C-FITU LHR 09L takeoff 01-06-20.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	1092267

Cheers
    Framing is acceptable, the heat distortion a bit too strong for my liking.

Leave a comment:

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    Hi, is this slight off-centre photo acceptable? If centred, there will be too much dead space. Also, is the heat haze acceptable?

Name:	JP AC 773 C-FITU LHR 09L takeoff 01-06-20.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	1092267

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    Aha, perfect and thanks very much for the reference too.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• JesseV
    replied
    A quick question. As I was posting this photo as a Hot Photo I noticed the same one was taken at the same time and accepted. Mine was rejected and my assumption was that the other Hot Photo was posted before mine. Is this correct or is there any other info that I'm missing? I'm looking to understand more about the subtleties of Hot Photos.

Cheers
    Hi,

the other picture you are talking about was already accepted yesterday (8 June). As there are only some new stickers applied on the aircraft, we only consider the first shot hot.
    This can also be found in the guidelines:

Hot photos for which the 48 hour guideline does not apply

In order to improve the cooperation with FlightRadar24 and have the most up to date photo available for the FlightRadar24 site the following will be accepted as hot for the first photo accepted only

3. Any change to the colour scheme (for example: removal of a special scheme, new stickers) or to the aircraft itself (Winglets, Sharklets) - Note that this is only valid for active aircraft
    Hope this helps,
    Jesse
    Last edited by JesseV; 2020-06-09, 12:18.

Leave a comment:

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    A quick question. As I was posting this photo as a Hot Photo I noticed the same one was taken at the same time and accepted. Mine was rejected and my assumption was that the other Hot Photo was posted before mine. Is this correct or is there any other info that I'm missing? I'm looking to understand more about the subtleties of Hot Photos.

Name:	JP Privilege Style 752 EC-ISY LHR 27L takeoff 08-06-20.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	738.0 KB
ID:	1091911

Cheers
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X