X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
    Would probably make an exception for that if the scheme has indeed been updated.
    The colour scheme is the same but has the England Rugby team and # decals on the fuselage which is why I wondered if it might be considered.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by Flying.Fonz View Post
    Hi,

Is this acceptable, in particular the 'aircraft cut' and does it qualify for hot news (England Rugby team aircraft painted waiting to bring the team back from Japan)?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29605[/ATTACH]

Thanks
    Would probably make an exception for that if the scheme has indeed been updated.

Leave a comment:

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    Hi,

Is this acceptable, in particular the 'aircraft cut' and does it qualify for hot news (England Rugby team aircraft painted waiting to bring the team back from Japan)?

Click image for larger version

Name:	BA-7773-Sweet-Chariot-G-STBC-LHR-night-tow.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	1043575

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi,

Is this acceptable seeing as there are plenty of images on JP of old aircraft with obstructions around the undercarriage?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29501[/ATTACH]

Thanks
    Yeah, looks unavoidable.

Leave a comment:

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    Hi,

Is this acceptable seeing as there are plenty of images on JP of old aircraft with obstructions around the undercarriage?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Aviacsa-731-XA-TVN-TGZ-storage.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.85 MB
ID:	1043498

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    Perfect. Thanks Alex.

Leave a comment:

• Alex - Spot-This !
    replied
    no, size have to be the same

Cheers
    Alex

Leave a comment:

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    Improve old image

Hi,

Can I upload an improved version of an old image but with a higher resolution i.e. 1920px instead of 1280px?

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
    No worries. Just keep trying, keep uploading. What's the worst which could happen? A photo could be rejected, so what?
    Sure, no worries and thanks for the heads up. Its the main reason why my images have improved over the last year.

Leave a comment:

• LX-A343
    replied
    Ok, thanks.
    No worries. Just keep trying, keep uploading. What's the worst which could happen? A photo could be rejected, so what?

Leave a comment:

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    Ok, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• LX-A343
    replied
    Sure. These two were rejected for being backlit even though they weren't so on the first upload (I'm aware there are other issues)
    JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

These were accepted and were taken minutes apart from the ones above.
    A fiery sunset for this departure [1920px]. F-HCAT. Airbus A330-243. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

A stunning sunset that just got better after a very dull day. Apparently at this time of the year, these are regular occurences. A big thanks to the local airport watch for their time and insight. [1920px]. C-GWSA. Boeing 737-8CT. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I reviewed the upload guidelines a number of times and I reviewed a number of photos contributed by other members prior to uploading
    All of them borderline shots, some even screened by the same screeners. On the positive side the photos show a great sunset, on the negative side, the aircraft are poorly lit, the photos are not silhouette shots. I would have rejected the first 2 as well.

It's an area, where guidelines are hard to define and probably would ruin more of the photography essence. Also, by looking at the db, you will get an idea, what has been accepted in the past, but to get the whole picture, you would also have to see, what is rejected, which you obviously can't.

Leave a comment:

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
    Backlight per se is smething to avoid in photography. However, there are instances, where backlight can add a lot to a photo. In such cases, as stated in the upload guidelines, we might accept the photo. Maybe you want to show some examples, where you don't agree with the screening decision.
    Sure. These two were rejected for being backlit even though they weren't so on the first upload (I'm aware there are other issues)

These were accepted and were taken minutes apart from the ones above.
    A fiery sunset for this departure [1920px]. F-HCAT. Airbus A330-243. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

A stunning sunset that just got better after a very dull day. Apparently at this time of the year, these are regular occurences. A big thanks to the local airport watch for their time and insight. [1920px]. C-GWSA. Boeing 737-8CT. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I reviewed the upload guidelines a number of times and I reviewed a number of photos contributed by other members prior to uploading

Leave a comment:

• LX-A343
    replied
    I'm a little confused. Sunset images are often backlit for a reason as widely demonstrated by those images that are accepted. The assumption is that once an image is rejected and one of those rejection comments is not 'backlit', how does being 'backlit' suddenly become a rejection reason (especially when it is key to the composition) when the original issues are resolved and the image is resubmitted.
    Backlight per se is smething to avoid in photography. However, there are instances, where backlight can add a lot to a photo. In such cases, as stated in the upload guidelines, we might accept the photo. Maybe you want to show some examples, where you don't agree with the screening decision.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X