Great. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by Flying.Fonz View Post
    Great, thanks.

Would something like this work?

Thanks
    Blurry, somewhat dark, and the horizon looks a bit off. Latter two probably fixable, the former probably not.

Leave a comment:

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    Great, thanks.

Would something like this work?

Click image for larger version

Name:	JP Azerbaijan 788 VP-BBS LHR 27R sunset approach 29-07-23.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	331.3 KB
ID:	1167159

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi,

I've recently seen several night images that have:

- High ISO (>8000)
    - Low shutter speed (1/50)

Generally, even if somehow you manage to get a stable enough image at that shutter speed, the ISO is such that you just can't get a sharp enough, low-noise, high-quality image. You can see they are a little blurred and noisy. I'm trying to understand what needs to be done to process these images so they are of sufficient quality to be accepted.

Many thanks
    It is tricky, and I can tell you far more of such images get rejected than accepted. The best advice I can give it start with the largest file size possible so that you can shrink it down to hide most (if not all) of the flaws. Going from 7000+ pix to 1200 (or fewer) will do quite a lot to hide any quality issues.

Other than that, finding the right balance of ISO vs. shutter speed it personal preference, though you at least have a chance to 'fix' a noisy image, while a blurry image can't really have anything done to improve it.

Leave a comment:

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    Hi,

I've recently seen several night images that have:

- High ISO (>8000)
    - Low shutter speed (1/50)

Generally, even if somehow you manage to get a stable enough image at that shutter speed, the ISO is such that you just can't get a sharp enough, low-noise, high-quality image. You can see they are a little blurred and noisy. I'm trying to understand what needs to be done to process these images so they are of sufficient quality to be accepted.

Many thanks

Leave a comment:

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    That's what I thought, but there was no difference when I compared it with the accepted ones. I'll use a lower res.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi,

I was reviewing this rejection, and I couldn't really see the blurr/soft reason, especially when compared with the images from the same set that were accepted.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Name:	JP SAS A32N EI-SIH LHR 27L sunset approach 19-02-23.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	677.0 KB
ID:	1166133

Thoughts? I was just going to re-upload it but 1600 or maybe 1280.

Cheers
    A bit soft (not really blurry) towards the edges of the frame (winglets both sides basically). Should be able to hide that at a lower resolution.

Leave a comment:

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    Hi,

I was reviewing this rejection, and I couldn't really see the blurr/soft reason, especially when compared with the images from the same set that were accepted.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Name:	JP SAS A32N EI-SIH LHR 27L sunset approach 19-02-23.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	677.0 KB
ID:	1166133

Thoughts? I was just going to re-upload it but 1600 or maybe 1280.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    It's bizarre as I checked the colourspace and reviewed many other images with the same settings -I never had it before. It seems to have removed the cyan that livens up the green.

As always, thanks for your thoughts.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi,

I worked on this image, and it looks flat when I uploaded it to the queue. It looks vibrant on my screen (calibrated), and the settings are the same as those for all my other images. I'm not sure why there's such a big difference I've never had before.

Is this image acceptable as it is?
    Any idea what is causing it to look flat?
    Yes, maybe a touch flat but would be ok for me. Usually (differing) colour spaces can cause issues with different appearances after uploading, but this one is sRGB, so shouldn't be that.

Leave a comment:

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    Hi,

I worked on this image, and it looks flat when I uploaded it to the queue. It looks vibrant on my screen (calibrated), and the settings are the same as those for all my other images. I'm not sure why there's such a big difference I've never had before.

Is this image acceptable as it is?
    Any idea what is causing it to look flat?

Name:	JP Frontier A321N N603FR SAN 27 approach 25-10-22.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	1165766

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi,

I was working on this previous rejection -I can't remember why, but I think it was too bright. I've corrected it, but I noticed that while the image looks fine, there is a lighter ring around the centre. If you can see it, is it a problem? Is there anything else that could cause problems?
    Dark/harsh contrast, borderline overprocessed.

Leave a comment:

• Flying.Fonz
    replied
    Hi,

I was working on this previous rejection -I can't remember why, but I think it was too bright. I've corrected it, but I noticed that while the image looks fine, there is a lighter ring around the centre. If you can see it, is it a problem? Is there anything else that could cause problems?

Name:	JP EZY A321N G-UZMD LGW 08R approach 22-11-21.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	898.4 KB
ID:	1164691

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi,

These two got rejected recently (1st contrast and 2nd white blown out). I've corrected that and wondering what your observations are.
    I can those possible issues, but they would be good enough for me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X