• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by Krasin View Post
    Hello,

I usually don't do this as picture should defend itself but in this case I need to speak out.

I would appreciate if someone tell me what exacly is "overprocessed" or "postprocessed badly" in this picture?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12818[/ATTACH]
    There are editing halos visible around the aircraft.

Another example is this one.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12819[/ATTACH]

The previous version was rejected sometime around christmas (from some reason I cannot upload it here) for being overprocessed and having bad hue so I've tried once again from the raw image repeating the whole workflow. From the rejection reason I learned that I failed to improve my postprocessing (althought I don't know what was wrong with it in the first place), the hue is still bad and I managed to get this picture look too dark.
    Again, editing halos visible (this time on the tree line), and the white balance does seem a little warm.

What do you want me to do? Use the white balance for the tungsten carbide lightbulb?
    You can use whatever settings you would like, but if you hope to see your image actually accepted, as I said, a slightly cooler WB setting would likely do the trick.

The photo queue is going down and this is a good thing but are we now pursuing quantity over quality on jp.com? I think that people are coming here to see something interesting and not loads of boring stuff.
    I don't really follow your logic here..are you saying your images were rejected because they weren't boring enough? Or that we should screen more slowly so everyone has time to appreciate your interesting images more? Either way, I don't think you'll find many who will agree.

Leave a comment:

• Krasin
    started a topic Krasin - Editing Advice

Krasin - Editing Advice

Hello,

I usually don't do this as picture should defend itself but in this case I need to speak out.

I would appreciate if someone tell me what exacly is "overprocessed" or "postprocessed badly" in this picture?

Click image for larger version

Name:	94158_1515027582.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	415.2 KB
ID:	1045220

I haven't change my photo processing workflow since sometime in 2015 and this is not the only picture that got recently rejected for these reasons.

Another example is this one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	38073_1514923720.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	463.0 KB
ID:	1045221

The previous version was rejected sometime around christmas (from some reason I cannot upload it here) for being overprocessed and having bad hue so I've tried once again from the raw image repeating the whole workflow. From the rejection reason I learned that I failed to improve my postprocessing (althought I don't know what was wrong with it in the first place), the hue is still bad and I managed to get this picture look too dark. What do you want me to do? Use the white balance for the tungsten carbide lightbulb? This is how the sunset should look like.

The photo queue is going down and this is a good thing but are we now pursuing quantity over quality on jp.com? I think that people are coming here to see something interesting and not loads of boring stuff.
Working...
X