Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tian's - Editing Advice

Hey JP-Team,

I'd like to get these 5 pictures prescreened.

best regards,
    Tian

Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-01-16 D-AIMF Tian Lan.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	517.6 KB
ID:	1045247Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-01-16 N543JN Tian Lan.jpg
Size:	519.1 KB
ID:	1045251Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-01-16 G-CKAG Tian Lan.jpg
Size:	430.7 KB
ID:	1045248Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-01-16 HL8046 Tian Lan.jpg
Size:	483.7 KB
ID:	1045249Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-01-16 JA865J Tian Lan.jpg
Size:	495.5 KB
ID:	1045250

Originally posted by Tian View Post
    Hey JP-Team,

I'd like to get these 5 pictures prescreened.

best regards,
    Tian

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13259[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13263[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13260[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13261[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13262[/ATTACH]
    First would be rejected for dark/contrast; the rest look ok.

Comment

Good evening dlowwa,

many thanks for your response. I've increased the brightness of the first pictures. Does it look better now?

Name:	2018-01-16 D-AIMF Tian Lan-2.jpg
Size:	470.8 KB
ID:	1021950

Comment

Here are another 5 pictures waiting for prescreening.

It would be great, if you can provide me some hints how to process them better.
        They are all taken with difficult background/weather conditions and I got one picture (1st) already rejected.

regards,
        Tian

by the way: Can I refer to this forum topic when submitting an images in the "to the screener" field?

Name:	2018-01-11 B-LRR Tian Lan-1.jpg
Size:	441.4 KB
ID:	1021951Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-01-11 D-AZUA Tian Lan-1.jpg
Size:	413.2 KB
ID:	1021952Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-01-11 TC-CPN Tian Lan-1.jpg
Size:	948.5 KB
ID:	1021953Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-01-17 A6-EUB Tian Lan-1.jpg
Size:	438.5 KB
ID:	1021954Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-01-21 B-2475 Tian Lan-1.jpg
Size:	368.4 KB
ID:	1021955

Comment

Good evening dlowwa,

many thanks for your response. I've increased the brightness of the first pictures. Does it look better now?
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]13264[/ATTACH]
          Still borderline for contrast.

They are all taken with difficult background/weather conditions and I got one picture (1st) already rejected.
          While you are welcome to post seeking other opinions, screeners generally won't comment on more than 5 images every day.

by the way: Can I refer to this forum topic when submitting an images in the "to the screener" field?
          You can refer to it, but it won't affect the screening of your images. If someone else screens your images and happens to disagree with the opinions given in the forum, that's just how it goes.

Comment

Good evening dlowwa and JP-Team,

it would be great if you can throw an eye on the recently uploaded pictures.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
              First would be rejected for dark/contrast; the rest look ok.
              Agree with the same.

Comment

regards,
                Tian

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13265[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13266[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13267[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13268[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13269[/ATTACH]
                They all look ok. Maybe contrast with no.3

These pre-screening threads are only a guide for you and don't represent a full photo screening as we don't have our screening tools available here. It's only a visual glance. There maybe issues we can't see or haven't noticed when it comes to the formal screening so it's best not to say "X screener says it is ok in the pre-screening thread".

Comment

Hey B7772ADL,

thanks for your response!
                  I've a question regarding the 1st picture (Cathay Pacific), which i got rejected here.
                  It seems that the picture have "too much or too little contrast" - how can i fix the images? I personally think that the images does have too much contrast - can you confirm this?

best,
                  Tian

Comment

Hey B7772ADL,

thanks for your response!
                    I've a question regarding the 1st picture (Cathay Pacific), which i got rejected here.
                    It seems that the picture have "too much or too little contrast" - how can i fix the images? I personally think that the images does have too much contrast - can you confirm this?

best,
                    Tian
                    Hey Tian, we know us from the FRA-Spotter-Forum (same as here, Julian S.). Nice Pictures there BTW.

The Picture which is rejected have too little contrast. If you have a look at the histogram, you can see a gap on the right side what means that the highlights are too dark - the result is "too little contrast". Same with a gap on the left side, what means that the shadows are too bright.
                    I have edited your picture to show you how it should be acceptable. (Left Side edited, Right Side your Original)

Name:	86814_1516064461.jpg
Size:	540.4 KB
ID:	1022022
                    If you can see, the fuselage is now brighter. I have only adjusted the levels as follow.

Name:	Unbenannt.jpg
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	1022023

I hope this will help you have a nice weekend and always Happy Spottings!
                    Best Regards from Germany,
                    Julian S.​

Comment

Hey Julian,

thanks for your help!
                      That's exactly the information i'm looking for. As you can imagine, it's quite unsatisfying getting pictures rejected, you thought they don't have any serious issues.
                      I'm going to re-edit them again when getting back home next week and try resubmit them.

I'm currently in Cologne/Düsseldorf over the weekend trying to get some rare pictures here.

Have a nice weekend!

Grüße in die Heimat!

best,
                      Tian

Comment

Good evening JP-Crew,

i'd like get your opinion of these pictures I recently took.
                        Not sure wether to submit them or not.

Thanks in advance!

regards,
                        Tian

Comment

Good evening JP-Crew,

Thanks in advance!

regards,
                          Tian
                          Unfortunately the contrast is much too low on these. You may be able to fix them with a better edit, but I wouldn't promise they could be made acceptable.

Comment

Good evening JP-Crew,

Thanks in advance!

regards,
                            Tian
                            Hey Tian,

Your photos look very interesting, but unfortunately they have problems with too little contrast. You have to increase the contrast by adjusting the levels.
                            I have done this for you in the following examples to show you how it should look like. (left side edited, right side your original)

Name:	2018-02-16 B-2028 Tian Lan-1.jpg
Size:	978.7 KB
ID:	1022461Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-02-16 A6-EEJ Tian Lan-1.jpg
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	1022462Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-02-16 B-2475 Tian Lan-1.jpg
Size:	1,002.0 KB
ID:	1022463Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-02-16 D-ABYO Tian Lan-1.jpg
Size:	1,005.5 KB
ID:	1022464
                            Furthermore i don´t know if you are allowed to upload pictures in 1920px, but you can easily control that on your add photos page under point 2 in the General Submission Guidelines.
                            Probably you must resize them and post them again, because we can only give concrete advices in upload size.

Hope we will hear from you soon! Greetings to Frankfurt
                            Last edited by Julian S.; 2018-02-17, 21:55.
                            Best Regards from Germany,
                            Julian S.​

Comment

Hey guys,

thanks for your fast response especially to Julian for your time and work editing my pictures!
                              I decided not to submit them as I got a bunch of other pictures which were ready to upload.
                              Regarding the image size I've forgotten to decrease the file images, my fault. Will try to send an request for higher resolution as soon as possible

By the way: Gratulation for becoming a JP-Crew-Member, Julian!

regards,
                              Tian

Comment

Working...
                              X