Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brand New to Jetphotos and first picture rejected?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand New to Jetphotos and first picture rejected?

Hello as I just stated I am Brand new to JetPhotos, signed up today. So as soon as I finished registration I uploaded my first photo(Airbus A380)... I had to resize it and everything, but like 5 minutes later ( even tough it said there was 8,000 in front queue) my picture was rejected I just wanted to know if anyone could explain for what reason it might have been rejected...it's a high quality photo that I had to size down...colors are good. I just want to be clarified for future reference

thank you to all!
    Attached Files

At first, Welcome to Jetphotos!

I had to resize it and everything, but like 5 minutes later ( even tough it said there was 8,000 in front queue) my picture was rejected
    Probably you have entered a character (space character counts as character too here!) in the "Hot Photo" field. The Photo will get screened before the others in the queue. If it is the first picture in database you can enter there for example "First Photo in Database" or something else (the reason why it is hot).
    If it´s not hot, the picture will get screened too, but you´ll receive a "Invalid Hot" rejection. Only as a small information.

I just wanted to know if anyone could explain for what reason it might have been rejected...it's a high quality photo that I had to size down...colors are good. I just want to be clarified for future reference

thank you to all!
    Your picture have a couple of issues. The biggest issue, which kills every photo, is Backlit - so, try to take photos with the sun in your back!
    But i think it have issues with Contrast, Colour, Centering, Noise, Soft/Blurry and JPG-Compression Artefacts too.
    In my opinion, the best way to start and save your upload slots is, to read the Guidelines (which you can find here: https://forums.jetphotos.com/showthr...ES-New-version) and to show some tutorials on youtube. Those are very helpful. Especially the Tutorial from Mohammed Zaheer helped me a lot. (This Videos can you find here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0mpFOHOXJU / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgPcE9S3MpQ)

I hope this helped you a bit. If you have answers, feel free to ask here in the forum, i´m sure there are a lot more users who will help you.
    Best Regards from Germany,
    Julian S.​

Comment

Originally posted by Julian S. View Post
      Probably you have entered a character (space character counts as character too here!) in the "Hot Photo" field. The Photo will get screened before the others in the queue. If it is the first picture in database you can enter there for example "First Photo in Database" or something else (the reason why it is hot).
      If it´s not hot, the picture will get screened too, but you´ll receive a "Invalid Hot" rejection. Only as a small information.
      Hi,

to specify Julian's response - If it is the first picture of the airframe in database (like new registration or new livery), you can use "Hot Photo" field.

If it is first picture you uploaded to JP but DB contains this airframe already, then invalid hot rejection will be send as result. Actually, there are 265 photos of this airframe in DB, so your picture does not meet "Hot photo" criteria:

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

There's a possibility you entered the registration incorrectly resulting in the system thinking it's a hot photo or maybe you accidently typed something in the Hot Photos box.

I think Julian covered the quality issues with the photo, the biggest one with it being completely backlit. If you want to know what's acceptable take a look through the database, have a look at the upload guidelines as suggested. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
        X