aceriana - editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aceriana View Post
    Here are two photos adjusted to "fix" the color cast issue. In your expert opinion is the cast resolved?

ORIGINAL SU-GEB (rejected)
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]21988[/ATTACH]

MODIFIED SU-GEB
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]21989[/ATTACH]

ORIGINAL TC-JSY (rejected)
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]21990[/ATTACH]

MODIFIED TC-JSY
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]21991[/ATTACH]

Keeping my fingers crossed this might be the solution.
    They look acceptable for me

Comment

• Originally posted by meneses24 View Post
      They look acceptable for me
      Great news. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
        as it's a different pic that's why it got rejected - a reupload should be of the same pic, better edited

This one looks better than the accepted one, would you like me to delete it so you can upload the better picture ?
        Hey fellas.... I thought this photo (TC-LJL) was OK for upload and now rejected (along with 17 others!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) because of bad color - my nemesis
        Do I win a consolataion prize for so many rejections?

Comment

Hey fellas.... I thought this photo (TC-LJL) was OK for upload and now rejected (along with 17 others!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) because of bad color - my nemesis
          Do I win a consolataion prize for so many rejections?
          Without showing us a rejected photo, it will be a look into the crystal ball.
          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• All your recent rejections have the same very visible green cast. Do you use auto-tone or auto-colour ?

Example of the one where the green is the worst

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7125820 - plane is supposed to be white, yours is green here.

Comment

• Hey Fellas
              I think I have solved the issue of color cast / hue. Yes I know it sounds unbelievable given my record breaking amount of rejections.
              But it is quite a simple solution that gives me 99% true color vs color casts that I had before.

Thanks for your patience and reject away if the problem is still there...

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	TCJRA_IST_14lug2018_TOff.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	988.2 KB
ID:	1033160

Is this photo OK for upload?
                Especially framing and eventual color issues?

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22077[/ATTACH]

Is this photo OK for upload?
                  Especially framing and eventual color issues?
                  Framing is fine. There is a slight green/cyan cast.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	TCLJI_IST_14lug2018_TOff_v2.jpg
Size:	910.0 KB
ID:	1033161

Is that naughty green cast also here? Narrowing down the problems - almost there with hopefully the color solution.
                    Sorry for the trial and error but I am trying my best

Comment

• Can you also check these please - perhaps TC-LJI is better here than in my previous post

Click image for larger version

Name:	TCLJI_IST_14lug2018_TOff_v2.jpg
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	1033163

Name:	TCOBL_IST_14lug2018_TOff.jpg
Size:	964.4 KB
ID:	1033164

Name:	TCJMK_IST_14lug2018_TOff.jpg
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	1033165

Comment

Can you also check these please - perhaps TC-LJI is better here than in my previous post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22080[/ATTACH]
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]22081[/ATTACH]
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]22082[/ATTACH]
                        Color should be ok; slight heat haze on the first.

Comment

• Yesterday I appealed a photo. The appeal was rejected.
                          I had asked 3 spotters to observe the photo and I stressed to look at the fuselage if it is white and of course the whole photo.
                          All confirmed the fuselage is 99% white (based on conformity with the white nose cone). And the rest of the photo is fine with correct colors in the right place. They said the rejection was bogus.
                          Therefore I appealed with high hopes.

I honestly think the color cast problem is being blown out of proportion. I have over 1.300 photos accepted and have not faced such a complex problem with my photos before.
                          All my errors over time have been fixed in acceptance of the rules. But now I am really lost. I am struggling to fix the issue.
                          It is me vs you and simply what our error filled eyes say. It is not 100% objective like an unlevel horizon or a dust spot.
                          It is making my editing of photos, not a fun relaxing moment - but a moment of tension and frustration.

Has something changed in the screening process? Is it more severe now? Am I the only one with record breaking amount of rejections because of color cast?
                          There are countless ways of eliminating the color cast with Photoshop. This is by far the easiest... but it appears not to satisfy the screeners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kkuejgUaBw

Comment

Yesterday I appealed a photo. The appeal was rejected.
                            I had asked 3 spotters to observe the photo and I stressed to look at the fuselage if it is white and of course the whole photo.
                            All confirmed the fuselage is 99% white (based on conformity with the white nose cone). And the rest of the photo is fine with correct colors in the right place. They said the rejection was bogus.
                            Therefore I appealed with high hopes.

I honestly think the color cast problem is being blown out of proportion. I have over 1.300 photos accepted and have not faced such a complex problem with my photos before.
                            All my errors over time have been fixed in acceptance of the rules. But now I am really lost. I am struggling to fix the issue.
                            It is me vs you and simply what our error filled eyes say. It is not 100% objective like an unlevel horizon or a dust spot.
                            It is making my editing of photos, not a fun relaxing moment - but a moment of tension and frustration.

Has something changed in the screening process? Is it more severe now? Am I the only one with record breaking amount of rejections because of color cast?
                            There are countless ways of eliminating the color cast with Photoshop. This is by far the easiest... but it appears not to satisfy the screeners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kkuejgUaBw
                            We've gone over this before, but if you feel it needs re-visiting, I can try and lay it out for you. I screen more images than anyone, and yes it is pretty much just you. As you have not seen anyone else complaining about such rejections here in the forum you can take that as another clue. There are maybe 2-3 guys (out of the thousands who upload regularly) whose images I can easily identify without looking at the names attached simply by the color casts. I've also been in touch with one of them, and unsurprisingly, he also has issues with perceiving colors correctly. There is unfortunately not much else I can suggest, else I would have done so before. You know you have issues with color perception, so I fail to see why you continue to get worked up when encountering rejections for the same. It is not 'me vs. you' as you state, it is you vs. almost everyone else. I checked the appealed image you mentioned, and it was seen by no fewer than three different screeners who all agreed there was a color cast.

I'm not going to say any more in the matter, as I think it would be best if you simply moved on and admitted the problem is on your side; admitting there is a problem is usually the first step in solving it. Unfortunately you keep coming back and trying to plead your case that the problem is not yours.

Comment

• Hey Dana
                              Is it taboo if you put me in touch with the other spotter who has my same color perception problem? Perhaps we can find a solution together rather then me alone vs. the imaginary windmills like Don Quijote.

Comment

• Hey Fellas
                                I am losing my patience here

This photo has been screened and viewed before with ONE rejection motif. Bad color.
                                That has been correctly fixed. Now you see dust spots? Where? Is this the new tactic of rejecting my photos each time I re-upload them? One new error each time?
                                https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7146296

And then another favorite of mine. Part of aircraft cutoff. Where is the problem? There are other photos like this. Why are my croppings 95% time rejected?
                                https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7146303

Comment

Working...
                                X