X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aceriana
    replied
    Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
    you need to adjust the mid tones as they are too light on your version. See little adjustments make a big difference in contrast. If would then add a little bit of contrast and it would probably have a chance to be accepted
    OK Alex, thanks for the tip. Let me try some testing here and there to see what happens.

Leave a comment:

• Alex - Spot-This !
    replied
    you need to adjust the mid tones as they are too light on your version. See little adjustments make a big difference in contrast. If would then add a little bit of contrast and it would probably have a chance to be accepted.

Hope it helps
    Alex
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Alex - Spot-This !; 2018-02-06, 18:36.

Leave a comment:

• Alex - Spot-This !
    replied
    Originally posted by aceriana View Post
    Yah that is what I thought. Tried my best to fix the parameters, but too wide a gap.
    I guess I move on to more sunny photos. Thanks for your help
    If you use RAW the sky can be saved. Not sure they would become acceptable here due to the poor light but such sky can be saved.

Leave a comment:

• aceriana
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	N360PH_EWR_01jan2016.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	854.9 KB
ID:	1022228

OK this group of aircraft have better light than the above 3 which Dana kindly told me had issues with the washed out sky.
    Better overall situation?

Leave a comment:

• aceriana
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
    Pretty high chance for contrast rejections on all of those due to the bright washed out sky.
    Yah that is what I thought. Tried my best to fix the parameters, but too wide a gap.
    I guess I move on to more sunny photos. Thanks for your help

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]13528[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]13529[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]13530[/ATTACH]

Howdy Screeners - can you kindly give me some input for these 3 photos?
    Pretty high chance for contrast rejections on all of those due to the bright washed out sky.

Leave a comment:

• aceriana
    replied

Name:	N625JB_EWR_01jan2016_v2.jpg
Size:	622.3 KB
ID:	1022188

Name:	N75425_EWR_01gen2016_v2.jpg
Size:	660.3 KB
ID:	1022189

Name:	N69829_EWR_01jan2016_v2.jpg
Size:	644.8 KB
ID:	1022190

Howdy Screeners - can you kindly give me some input for these 3 photos?

Leave a comment:

• LX-A343
    replied
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]13463[/ATTACH]

This photo was originally rejected as Dark / Underexposed.
    I selected another photo - not the original - is this more acceptable?
    I definitely like it better, but IMO it could still be brightened up a bit.

Leave a comment:

• aceriana
    replied

Name:	GOOBH_TRN_21jan2018_takeoff_v2.jpg
Size:	717.6 KB
ID:	1022128

This photo was originally rejected as Dark / Underexposed.
    I selected another photo - not the original - is this more acceptable?

Leave a comment:

• aceriana
    replied
    I never said they were useless photos, just not very likely to be accepted here. If you're happy with them, who cares whether they're accepted or not?
    Dana, I know you did not say "useless" - I am the one saying they are useless given the not favourable weather that day.
    No pointing fingers at you, don't worry. I am pointing the finger at the weather.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    No problem, I will catalog these photos in the useless bin, and proceed with other photos that have a higher degree of hope.
    I never said they were useless photos, just not very likely to be accepted here. If you're happy with them, who cares whether they're accepted or not?

Leave a comment:

• aceriana
    replied
    I'd say borderline at best, again due to the lack of contrast. As has been pointed out, the less than ideal light is not doing you any favors. You are welcome to try submitting it again, but I wouldn't get your hopes up too much.
    Thanks for the kind answer Dana, I guess Alex hasn't sent a memo to screeners to keep my low light / lowsy contrast photos out of the website.
    No problem, I will catalog these photos in the useless bin, and proceed with other photos that have a higher degree of hope.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Since I have my personal Editing Advice forum , and before Alex calls up the Swiss guards in the Vatican and ships to me to some underground dungeon for not following his advice...
    Can someone kindly tell me if this photo which originally suffered contrast issues, is now in order after going back to the drawing board?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13450[/ATTACH]
    I'd say borderline at best, again due to the lack of contrast. As has been pointed out, the less than ideal light is not doing you any favors. You are welcome to try submitting it again, but I wouldn't get your hopes up too much.

Leave a comment:

• aceriana
    replied
    Since I have my personal Editing Advice forum , and before Alex calls up the Swiss guards in the Vatican and ships to me to some underground dungeon for not following his advice...
    Can someone kindly tell me if this photo which originally suffered contrast issues, is now in order after going back to the drawing board?

Name:	GEZIO_MXP_30may2016_v2.jpg
Size:	343.9 KB
ID:	1022115

Leave a comment:

• Alex - Spot-This !
    replied
    hahaha no don't worry, you are right maybe the weather wasn't that bad but the light was just too bad at that time. Really I suggest just not uploading such shots as they have really little chances of being accepted.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X