Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

aceriana - editing advice

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by aceriana View Post
    Hello Screeners

    Can you please tell me exactly what is wrong with these photos which all have the same rejection motif: Over Processed / Bad postprocessing.

    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6533548
    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6533541
    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6533540

    Any help and tips are welcome
    The sky looks a bit overprocessed, but I didn't screen them so can't say for sure if that is what the other screener saw.

    Originally posted by aceriana View Post
    Since no help is arriving with rejected photos.....let me try another approach

    [ATTACH=CONFIG]15549[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]15550[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]15551[/ATTACH]

    Are these OK for upload?
    Slightly dark, but otherwise ok.

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
      The sky looks a bit overprocessed, but I didn't screen them so can't say for sure if that is what the other screener saw.
      Slightly dark, but otherwise ok.
      I did not touch the sky while processing - isolating the plane 100% via magic wand.
      It is not possible that the sky has overprocessing problems - it is pure from the RAW file.
      ___________________________________________



      Alberto

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by aceriana View Post
        I did not touch the sky while processing - isolating the plane 100% via magic wand.
        That - don't do that. Most likely what is causing your problems.

        Comment


        • #79
          This photo was rejected because of Bad Color (Over/Under Saturation, Hue)
          Where is the problem in the photo - the plane, the sky or both?

          Click image for larger version

Name:	GEZBC_MXP_16apr2018.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	347.6 KB
ID:	1027846
          ___________________________________________



          Alberto

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by aceriana View Post
            This photo was rejected because of Bad Color (Over/Under Saturation, Hue)
            Where is the problem in the photo - the plane, the sky or both?

            [ATTACH=CONFIG]15574[/ATTACH]
            The aircraft should be white, not cyan/green as it is in this image.

            Comment


            • #81
              Is this photo OK for upload? The plane in the foreground is not centered so the plane in the background can be seen.

              Click image for larger version

Name:	OMGTB_MXP_17apr2018_align.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	960.1 KB
ID:	1028104
              ___________________________________________



              Alberto

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by aceriana View Post
                Is this photo OK for upload? The plane in the foreground is not centered so the plane in the background can be seen.

                [ATTACH=CONFIG]15930[/ATTACH]
                Looks OK to me.
                My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

                Comment


                • #83
                  Hello screeners

                  If I have a photo uploaded and accepted...if I re-edit the same photo and now it looks significatly better...can I upload it and..
                  1. Substitute the old photo
                  2. Keep both accepted

                  Thanks and have a nice weekend
                  ___________________________________________



                  Alberto

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by aceriana View Post
                    Hello screeners

                    If I have a photo uploaded and accepted...if I re-edit the same photo and now it looks significatly better...can I upload it and..
                    1. Substitute the old photo
                    2. Keep both accepted

                    Thanks and have a nice weekend
                    There is a 'Resubmit Photo' link on each image's page. The original image will be replaced, if the newer one is accepted.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                      There is a 'Resubmit Photo' link on each image's page. The original image will be replaced, if the newer one is accepted.
                      OK Dana thank you!!
                      ___________________________________________



                      Alberto

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        This photo has the most rejection motifs I have ever collectioned in a single photo. Oh boy.
                        But there is one motif, I would like to ask for a clarification: Part of aircraft cut off

                        https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6583637

                        There are countless photos with the plane on the ground in the same exact position and cropping - accepted. Why was this rejection motif applied?
                        ___________________________________________



                        Alberto

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by aceriana View Post
                          This photo has the most rejection motifs I have ever collectioned in a single photo. Oh boy.
                          But there is one motif, I would like to ask for a clarification: Part of aircraft cut off

                          https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6583637

                          There are countless photos with the plane on the ground in the same exact position and cropping - accepted. Why was this rejection motif applied?
                          Hi Alberto,

                          If you look in the left, the horizontal stabilizer has been cut just a bit, you need a tighter crop in the left to justify the composition.

                          I think maybe this is the point. Better wait comments from the crew.

                          Cheers,

                          Vinicius

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by aceriana View Post
                            This photo has the most rejection motifs I have ever collectioned in a single photo. Oh boy.
                            But there is one motif, I would like to ask for a clarification: Part of aircraft cut off

                            https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6583637

                            There are countless photos with the plane on the ground in the same exact position and cropping - accepted. Why was this rejection motif applied?
                            Poor crop on left side. Either crop closer to the fuselage, or leave the entire stabilizer in.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                              Poor crop on left side. Either crop closer to the fuselage, or leave the entire stabilizer in.
                              I truly have some doubts. I checked and there are countless photos, accepted, where the stabilizer is cropped right in the middle - more or less like I did.
                              I think some clarity may be needed concerning this rejection motif in the rules. Some of my spotter friends have told me that my cropping is fine. But you say it should be full stabilizer or very close to the fuselage.
                              I have a photo in the queue that may have the same problem.... but I don't see the problem.....

                              https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6587302
                              ___________________________________________



                              Alberto

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by aceriana View Post
                                I truly have some doubts. I checked and there are countless photos, accepted, where the stabilizer is cropped right in the middle - more or less like I did.
                                I think some clarity may be needed concerning this rejection motif in the rules. Some of my spotter friends have told me that my cropping is fine. But you say it should be full stabilizer or very close to the fuselage.
                                I have a photo in the queue that may have the same problem.... but I don't see the problem.....

                                https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6587302
                                In this case the photo is more balanced but I think this kind of shot still can get a closer crop. Instead of this problem there is visible heat distortion in the gear and also visible halos in the right (above the trees).

                                Regards,

                                Vinicius

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X