Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vcruvinel View Post
    Hi Alberto,

Also can you post some photo here that we can see?
    Ciao Vinicius

I know cameras have their particular problems from A to Z. But as I mentioned I have trouble seeing certain color differences with my eyes. I am not colorblind but I really need to know if there is a tool in Photoshop that can lead me to see the problem right away and not at the very end of the process with a rejection that leaves me boggled.

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6808204

Here is the photo a friend told me has this annoying blue tint that - I can't see.
    Thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by aceriana View Post
      Ciao Vinicius

I know cameras have their particular problems from A to Z. But as I mentioned I have trouble seeing certain color differences with my eyes. I am not colorblind but I really need to know if there is a tool in Photoshop that can lead me to see the problem right away and not at the very end of the process with a rejection that leaves me boggled.

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6808204

Here is the photo a friend told me has this annoying blue tint that - I can't see.
      Thank you
      Maybe it has to do with the fact, that your photo doesn't have any embedded colour profile. In such cases, colours are treated randomly, depending on PC and browser. Try it by saving with colour space set to sRGB. Failing that, maybe your monitor needs some calibration.
      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
        Maybe it has to do with the fact, that your photo doesn't have any embedded colour profile. In such cases, colours are treated randomly, depending on PC and browser. Try it by saving with colour space set to sRGB. Failing that, maybe your monitor needs some calibration.

Hey everybody... I equipped myself with a Spyder 5 calibration device.
        Now...when I will calibrate any suggestions for:

Better: Web Design or Photography as default?
        White balance: should be at what desired level for our editing best performance?

Thanks for your help

Comment

White balance: should be at what desired level for our editing best performance?

Thanks for your help
          You can do whatever you want. As soon as open a photo with a web browser, it's the web browser which interprets the colours. most of them don't understand anything other than sRGB.

Comment

That's for your own display, and not how others will necessarily see the image.

Originally posted by aceriana View Post
            That will totally be a personal choice, depending on your own taste and the conditions during shooting.

Comment

• Hello Everybody

UPDATE. I have an Eizo EV2436W (24 inch) monitor. These type of EIZO monitors cannot be calibrated because they are entry level.
              Now I don't think all spotters across the world are all equipped with super expensive and fancy monitors for photo editing.

Is there any way to use Photoshop so I can see that doggone blue hue that is busting my photos? This has never happened before and I truly cannot understand why now it is plaguing me.
              I have checked and re-checked that my photoshop color parameters are aligned with what Brian says in the tips and tricks for processing.

This rejection motif is truly draining me....

Comment

• This photo was rejected because of "bad color". It's the usual problem I get for rejections because I cannot see these hue / tint issues.... but hope this one is cleared fro takeoff.

Click image for larger version

Name:	OKJRT_GVA_15giu2018.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	475.9 KB
ID:	1030472

Comment

This photo was rejected because of "bad color". It's the usual problem I get for rejections because I cannot see these hue / tint issues.... but hope this one is cleared fro takeoff.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18803[/ATTACH]
                  There is a light cyan/green cast to the image.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                    There is a light cyan/green cast to the image.
                    Doggone it, that problem again..... can you kindly tell me if this cyan/green cast is everywhere or in a specific point?
                    Incidentally do you see it staight out in the photo or use some histogram or equalization to make it pop out?

Comment

Doggone it, that problem again..... can you kindly tell me if this cyan/green cast is everywhere or in a specific point?
                      Incidentally do you see it staight out in the photo or use some histogram or equalization to make it pop out?
                      You can tell that the whites are not quite white. That being said, it's only a light tint, and I would say there's a good chance it would be accepted as it is.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	HBJZR_GVA_15giu2018.jpg
Size:	548.7 KB
ID:	1030638

Not sure if the framing is OK for upload. Or perhaps any other details that may be unacceptable.
                        Thank you

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18996[/ATTACH]

Not sure if the framing is OK for upload. Or perhaps any other details that may be unacceptable.
                          Thank you
                          Too much aircraft for a close up. Try to crop behind the wing root for example.
                          The contrast is weird, mainly the strong shadows could be a reason for rejection.

Comment

• Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
                            Too much aircraft for a close up. Try to crop behind the wing root for example.
                            The contrast is weird, mainly the strong shadows could be a reason for rejection.
                            Thanks for the info Gerardo

Now this plane was rejected because the previous photo was "soft".
                            How about this photo - more acceptable or still ready for the rejection email?

Click image for larger version

Name:	LXJFS_GVA_15giu2018_v2.jpg
Size:	445.4 KB
ID:	1030662

It is soft but not as much as the other - do you agree?

Comment

• Hi,
                              It's way too soft, the tail being the worst, I doubt you could do anything about it

Regards
                              Alex

Comment

• Ladies and Gentilemen

You really need to help we with this rejection. The orginal motif is: Part of aircraft cut off
                                I appealed because there are many similar photos in JP that I checked for compusre and are very similar - nonetheless the appeal was rejected: too much plane for a close-up - Regards

Now that is a strange explanation.

I have checked again and there are countless photos with a lot of plane in the close-up. As I explained in my photo. I tried not to cut off windows, flaps or other items so the composure is complete.
                                I have a really crappy streak with close-ups and everytime I edit one I get the jitters that it will get rejected for some strange reason I cannot understand.

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6837493

Sure hope someone can help me.
                                Regards

Comment

Working...
                                X