aceriana - editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aceriana View Post
    Since I have my personal Editing Advice forum , and before Alex calls up the Swiss guards in the Vatican and ships to me to some underground dungeon for not following his advice...
    Can someone kindly tell me if this photo which originally suffered contrast issues, is now in order after going back to the drawing board?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13450[/ATTACH]
    I'd say borderline at best, again due to the lack of contrast. As has been pointed out, the less than ideal light is not doing you any favors. You are welcome to try submitting it again, but I wouldn't get your hopes up too much.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
      I'd say borderline at best, again due to the lack of contrast. As has been pointed out, the less than ideal light is not doing you any favors. You are welcome to try submitting it again, but I wouldn't get your hopes up too much.
      Thanks for the kind answer Dana, I guess Alex hasn't sent a memo to screeners to keep my low light / lowsy contrast photos out of the website.
      No problem, I will catalog these photos in the useless bin, and proceed with other photos that have a higher degree of hope.

Comment

No problem, I will catalog these photos in the useless bin, and proceed with other photos that have a higher degree of hope.
        I never said they were useless photos, just not very likely to be accepted here. If you're happy with them, who cares whether they're accepted or not?

Comment

I never said they were useless photos, just not very likely to be accepted here. If you're happy with them, who cares whether they're accepted or not?
          Dana, I know you did not say "useless" - I am the one saying they are useless given the not favourable weather that day.
          No pointing fingers at you, don't worry. I am pointing the finger at the weather.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	GOOBH_TRN_21jan2018_takeoff_v2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	717.6 KB
ID:	1022128

This photo was originally rejected as Dark / Underexposed.
            I selected another photo - not the original - is this more acceptable?

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13463[/ATTACH]

This photo was originally rejected as Dark / Underexposed.
              I selected another photo - not the original - is this more acceptable?
              I definitely like it better, but IMO it could still be brightened up a bit.
              My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Name:	N625JB_EWR_01jan2016_v2.jpg
Size:	622.3 KB
ID:	1022188

Name:	N75425_EWR_01gen2016_v2.jpg
Size:	660.3 KB
ID:	1022189

Name:	N69829_EWR_01jan2016_v2.jpg
Size:	644.8 KB
ID:	1022190

Howdy Screeners - can you kindly give me some input for these 3 photos?

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13528[/ATTACH]
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]13529[/ATTACH]
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]13530[/ATTACH]

Howdy Screeners - can you kindly give me some input for these 3 photos?
                  Pretty high chance for contrast rejections on all of those due to the bright washed out sky.

Comment

Pretty high chance for contrast rejections on all of those due to the bright washed out sky.
                    Yah that is what I thought. Tried my best to fix the parameters, but too wide a gap.
                    I guess I move on to more sunny photos. Thanks for your help

Comment

Name:	N360PH_EWR_01jan2016.jpg
Size:	854.9 KB
ID:	1022228

OK this group of aircraft have better light than the above 3 which Dana kindly told me had issues with the washed out sky.
                      Better overall situation?

Comment

Yah that is what I thought. Tried my best to fix the parameters, but too wide a gap.
                        I guess I move on to more sunny photos. Thanks for your help
                        If you use RAW the sky can be saved. Not sure they would become acceptable here due to the poor light but such sky can be saved.

Comment

you need to adjust the mid tones as they are too light on your version. See little adjustments make a big difference in contrast. If would then add a little bit of contrast and it would probably have a chance to be accepted.

Hope it helps
                          Alex
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Alex - Spot-This !; 2018-02-06, 18:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
                            you need to adjust the mid tones as they are too light on your version. See little adjustments make a big difference in contrast. If would then add a little bit of contrast and it would probably have a chance to be accepted
                            OK Alex, thanks for the tip. Let me try some testing here and there to see what happens.

Comment

OK screeners I am a bit confused here.
                              These photos were rejected with this error: Too much or too little contrast

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6372946
                              https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6372943

When I appealed I was told, "Not sure what equalization has to do with contrast, but the image is very flat, and may even be backlit".
                              Now, I would like to ask a favor. Can you please make rejections a bit clearer? If it is backlit why not say so right away or perhaps include that error in the rejection?
                              Now this photo cannot be backlit because the sun was behind me. Any help is most welcome

Comment

OK screeners I am a bit confused here.
                                These photos were rejected with this error: Too much or too little contrast

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6372946
                                https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6372943

When I appealed I was told, "Not sure what equalization has to do with contrast, but the image is very flat, and may even be backlit".
                                You mentioned equalizing the image when appealing a contrast rejection, so I guess that comment didn't make much sense. Equalizing helps to identify dust spots, and maybe editing halos, but has nothing to do with contrast.

Now, I would like to ask a favor. Can you please make rejections a bit clearer? If it is backlit why not say so right away or perhaps include that error in the rejection?
                                Now this photo cannot be backlit because the sun was behind me. Any help is most welcome
                                The comments said '...may be backlit'. Backlit can refer to any situation where the background is much brighter than the foreground subject (as is the case in your image), even if the sun is behind you.

As Alex said before, there is unfortunately not much you can do with these images if you are hoping for acceptance here, due to the very poor light.

Comment

Working...
                                X