No announcement yet.

aceriana - editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree, it would look more balanced with a bit of a tighter crop. Watch also for the heat, visible on the wings, unfortunately a big issue at Malpensa during the summer month, specially at that spot

Regards
    Alex

Comment

[QUOTE=Alex - Spot-This !;665466]I agree, it would look more balanced with a bit of a tighter crop. Watch also for the heat, visible on the wings, unfortunately a big issue at Malpensa during the summer month, specially at that spot

Thanks Alex, I will select another photo because the doggone haze is truly a problem the day I took the photos.
      As for the cropping for ground photos....and maybe airborne photos too.... perhaps making the rules in the upload section a bit more clear?

Comment

Of these 2 photos which is more acceptable or are both ready for the trash bin?

Click image for larger version

Name:	T7MRD_MXP_17apr2018_align.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	931.9 KB
ID:	1028483

Name:	T7MRD_MXP_17apr2018_align_v2.jpg
Size:	788.6 KB
ID:	1028484

Thank you

Comment

Hello! I'm not a crew, but for me: heat haze and a bit wrong contrast(may be not, it is a strange livery). And may be

PS. As for me, this livery in some conditions of weather and light are very hard to set the good-looking contrast.
          Have a nice day!

Comment

Originally posted by aceriana View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16362[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16363[/ATTACH]

Thank you
            Hi Alberto,

Both photos suffers from heat haze and also are soft.

Better wait some comments from the crew.

Cheers,

Vinicius

Comment

Originally posted by aceriana View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16362[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16363[/ATTACH]

Thank you
              Images are similar and heat hazed.

Comment

Hello Screeners
                These 3 photos were rejected because of Over Processed / Bad postprocessing (one had a problem with dust but that is not the issue)
                What is the problem? And how can it be fixed?

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6639493
                https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6639497
                https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6639498

Thank you

Comment

Hi,
                  The screener left you a message on the 3 rejections,

cheers
                  Alex

Comment

Name:	TCLOG_MXP_18apr2018.jpg
Size:	400.7 KB
ID:	1029070

Howdy....this photo was rejected with the motif: Over processed / Bad processing
                    Any explanation as to where the problem is would be helpful. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by aceriana View Post
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]17058[/ATTACH]

Howdy....this photo was rejected with the motif: Over processed / Bad processing
                      Any explanation as to where the problem is would be helpful. Thanks
                      Center of the frame is much darker than the edges/corners. Could be due to poor vignetting removal.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                        Center of the frame is much darker than the edges/corners. Could be due to poor vignetting removal.
                        OK thank you for the explanation

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	N668FE_MXP_17apr2018_v2.jpg
Size:	468.1 KB
ID:	1029682

Can you screeners kindly tell me if this photo is OK for upload?

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17842[/ATTACH]

Can you screeners kindly tell me if this photo is OK for upload?
                            Similar problem to previous. Center is darker than corners.

Comment

• Blue tint / hue in RAW files

Howdy everybody

This problem has been plaguing me for the past few spotting sessions - especially with EasyJet aircraft and sometimes with Air France aircraft.
                              My RAW photos have a blue tint / hue - which my eyes cannot see - so I happily edit that photo and have it rejected much to my surprise.

I have a Nikon D600 and use either M mode when aircraft are on the tarmac or A mode when the planes are landing or taking off.
                              I use RAW mode - always!

But how can a RAW file have color issues? I thought is problem was limited to JPG files.
                              Is there any way I can "see" and discern the problem with photoshop?
                              I am not colorblind as someone might suspect, I simply cannot see that hue when I open a RAW file for editing.

Any help is truly welcome.

Comment

Howdy everybody

This problem has been plaguing me for the past few spotting sessions - especially with EasyJet aircraft and sometimes with Air France aircraft.
                                My RAW photos have a blue tint / hue - which my eyes cannot see - so I happily edit that photo and have it rejected much to my surprise.

I have a Nikon D600 and use either M mode when aircraft are on the tarmac or A mode when the planes are landing or taking off.
                                I use RAW mode - always!

But how can a RAW file have color issues? I thought is problem was limited to JPG files.
                                Is there any way I can "see" and discern the problem with photoshop?
                                I am not colorblind as someone might suspect, I simply cannot see that hue when I open a RAW file for editing.

Any help is truly welcome.
                                Hi Alberto,

If you compare Nikon/Canon processed images, for sure Nikon "produces" a photo with a more blue tonality. You need to adjust the white balance in the camera or if you already took the photos it's simple to correct if you have the RAW files. I had the same problem as you with my Nikon and Dana helped me to understand and correct this issue. In the first time is not too easy to see the difference but after some corrections now I understand better this. Also can you post some photo here that we can see?

Cheers,

Vinicius

Comment

Working...
                                X